So much fuss and confusion was created by a moorakh last week on this thread, when the only highlights in that post were, to remain in His Bhaana or Hukum by not asking, and moreover only engage lovingly in His Simran, for the purpose of merging in Him.

This His only wadeeayee, was not accepted by the poisoned mind and heart of that ahankaree fellow, thus started criticizing and uttering nonsense as usual ...

Today, I was going through the Holy Bani, and I came across same directions by Fifth Patshahee in His Bani Raag Gauree, which were mentioned in that post, but in different words:

ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਜਪਉ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰ ਨਾਮ

Anadhin Japo Guroo Gur Naam

अनदिनु जपउ गुरू गुर नाम

Night and day, I meditate on the Guru, and the Name of the Guru.

ਤਾ ਤੇ ਸਿਧਿ ਭਏ ਸਗਲ ਕਾਂਮ

Thaa Thae Sidhh Bheae Sagal Kaanm

ता ते सिधि भए सगल कांम

Thus all my works are brought to perfection.

Sachay Patshah is also saying, night and day I have kept myself engaged in the devotion of His Simran, and He the merciful, has completed all my tasks, means my basic needs.

He does not say, I asked for, then He gave, rather He gave without asking, and that also, what I really needed.

He knows best, as He is our palanhaar, we are moorakhs, mugadhs, shameless bikharees.

But to behave and have that thinking as mentioned by Guru Jee, in reality, is a state of mind, of those imbued with the Grace touch of His love.

So naturally we can not expect this type of thinking from all, as many many may disagree...and that is normal and understandable to an extent.

But that does not mean, remaining in His bhaana is wrong, but rather could be said, it is a sign of faith, of true love from us as sikhs, and at the same time, of Daya Meher, from Din Dayal Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.

SHARING .....

There Was A Couple Who Used To Go To Shop In The Beautiful Stores.

They Both Liked Antiques And Pottery And Especially Teacups.

One Day In A Shop They Saw A Beautiful Teacup.

They Asked, "May We See That..? We've Never Seen One Quite So Beautiful." '

As The Sales Lady Handed It To Them..

All Of A Sudden The Tea Cup Spoke...

"I Haven't Always Been A Teacup. There Was A Time When I Was Red And I Was Clay."

My Master Took Me And Rolled Me And Patted Me Over And Over.

I Yelled Out, "Let Me Alone", But He Only Smiled And Said, "Not Yet."

"Then I Was Placed On A Spinning Wheel," The Teacup Said, "And Suddenly I Was Spun Around And Around And Around.

Stop It! I'm Getting Dizzy!" I Screamed...

But The Master Only Nodded And Said, 'Not Yet."

Then He Put Me In The Oven... I Never Felt Such Heat. I Wondered Why He Wanted To Burn Me, And I Yelled and Knocked At The Door.

I Could See Him Through The Opening And I Could Read His Lips As He Shook His Head, "Not Yet."

Finally The Door Opened...

He Put Me On The Shelf, And I Began To Cool.

"There, That's Better," I Said.

He Brushed And Painted Me All Over.

The Fumes Were Horrible.

I Thought I Would Gag. "Stop It, Stop It!" I Cried.

He Only Nodded, "Not Yet."

Then Suddenly He Put Me Back Into The Oven, Not Like The First One.

This Was Twice As Hot And I Knew I Would Suffocate.

I Begged Pleaded. I Screamed. I Cried.

All The Time I Could See Him Through The Opening Nodding His Head Saying, "Not Yet."

Then I Knew There Wasn't Any Hope. I Would Never Make It.

I Was Ready To Give Up... But The Door Opened And He Took Me Out And Placed Me On

The Shelf.

An Hour Later He Handed Me A Mirror And Said, "Look At Yourself."

I Did And I Said, "That's Not Me; That Couldn't Be Me. It's Beautiful... I'm Beautiful."

"I Want You To Remember," He Said, "I Know It Hurts To Be Rolled And Patted, But If I Had

Left You Alone, You'd Have Dried Up.

I Know It Made You Dizzy To Spin Around On The Wheel, But If I Had Stopped, You Would

Have Crumbled.

I Knew It Hurt And Was Hot And Disagreeable In The Oven, But If I Hadn't Put You There,

You Would Have Cracked.

I Know The Fumes Were Bad When I Brushed And Painted You All Over, But If I Hadn't Done That, You Never Would Have Hardened; You Would Not Have Had Any Color In Your Life.

....And If I Hadn't Put You Back In That Second Oven, You Wouldn't Survive For Very Long Because The Hardness Would Not Have Held.

Now You Are A Finished Product...

You Are What I Had In Mind When I First Began With You.

God Knows What He's Doing For All Of Us...He Is The Potter, And We Are His Clay.

He Will Mold Us And Make Us, So That We May Be Made Into A Flawless Piece Of Work

To Fulfill His Good, Pleasing, And Perfect Will.

SHARING .....

There Was A Couple Who Used To Go To Shop In The Beautiful Stores.

They Both Liked Antiques And Pottery And Especially Teacups.

One Day In A Shop They Saw A Beautiful Teacup.

They Asked, "May We See That..? We've Never Seen One Quite So Beautiful." '

As The Sales Lady Handed It To Them..

All Of A Sudden The Tea Cup Spoke...

"I Haven't Always Been A Teacup. There Was A Time When I Was Red And I Was Clay."

My Master Took Me And Rolled Me And Patted Me Over And Over.

I Yelled Out, "Let Me Alone", But He Only Smiled And Said, "Not Yet." "Then I Was Placed On A Spinning Wheel," The Teacup Said, "And Suddenly I Was Spun Around And Around And Around.

Stop It! I'm Getting Dizzy!" I Screamed...

But The Master Only Nodded And Said, 'Not Yet."

Then He Put Me In The Oven... I Never Felt Such Heat. I Wondered Why He Wanted To Burn Me, And I Yelled and Knocked At The Door.

I Could See Him Through The Opening And I Could Read His Lips As He Shook His Head, "Not Yet." Finally The Door Opened...

He Put Me On The Shelf, And I Began To Cool.

"There, That's Better," I Said.

He Brushed And Painted Me All Over.

The Fumes Were Horrible.

I Thought I Would Gag. "Stop It, Stop It!" I Cried.

He Only Nodded, "Not Yet." Then Suddenly He Put Me Back Into The Oven, Not Like The First One.

This Was Twice As Hot And I Knew I Would Suffocate.

I Begged Pleaded. I Screamed. I Cried.

All The Time I Could See Him Through The Opening Nodding His Head Saying, "Not Yet." Then I Knew There Wasn't Any Hope. I Would Never Make It.

I Was Ready To Give Up... But The Door Opened And He Took Me Out And Placed Me On

The Shelf.

An Hour Later He Handed Me A Mirror And Said, "Look At Yourself."

I Did And I Said, "That's Not Me; That Couldn't Be Me. It's Beautiful... I'm Beautiful."

"I Want You To Remember," He Said, "I Know It Hurts To Be Rolled And Patted, But If I Had

Left You Alone, You'd Have Dried Up.

I Know It Made You Dizzy To Spin Around On The Wheel, But If I Had Stopped, You Would

Have Crumbled. I Knew It Hurt And Was Hot And Disagreeable In The Oven, But If I Hadn't Put You There,

You Would Have Cracked.

I Know The Fumes Were Bad When I Brushed And Painted You All Over, But If I Hadn't Done That, You Never Would Have Hardened; You Would Not Have Had Any Color In Your Life. ....And If I Hadn't Put You Back In That Second Oven, You Wouldn't Survive For Very Long Because The Hardness Would Not Have Held.

Now You Are A Finished Product...

You Are What I Had In Mind When I First Began With You.

God Knows What He's Doing For All Of Us...He Is The Potter, And We Are His Clay.

He Will Mold Us And Make Us, So That We May Be Made Into A Flawless Piece Of Work

To Fulfill His Good, Pleasing, And Perfect Will.

Lovely composition, Harsharan Paji, good comparison of what one's soul goes through.

ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

बिलावलु महला ५ ॥

Bilāval mėhlā 5.

Bilawal 5th Guru.

ਮਾਟੀ ਤੇ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਾਜਿਆ ਕਰਿ ਦੁਰਲਭ ਦੇਹ ॥

माटी ते जिनि साजिआ करि दुरलभ देह ॥

Mātī ṯe jin sāji▫ā kar ḏurlabẖ ḏeh.

He who has made thee from clay, has fashioned thy invaluable body,

ਅਨਿਕ ਛਿਦ੍ਰ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਢਕੇ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟੇਹ ॥੧॥

अनिक छिद्र मन महि ढके निरमल द्रिसटेह ॥१॥

Anik cẖẖiḏar man mėh dẖake nirmal ḏaristeh. ||1||

and has screened many sins in thy mind and by whose grace thou lookest immaculate;

ਕਿਉ ਬਿਸਰੈ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਮਨੈ ਤੇ ਜਿਸ ਕੇ ਗੁਣ ਏਹ ॥

किउ बिसरै प्रभु मनै ते जिस के गुण एह ॥

Ki▫o bisrai parabẖ manai ṯe jis ke guṇ eh.

why forget that Lord from your mind who has given you all this.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤਜਿ ਰਚੇ ਜਿ ਆਨ ਸਿਉ ਸੋ ਰਲੀਐ ਖੇਹ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

प्रभ तजि रचे जि आन सिउ सो रलीऐ खेह ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Parabẖ ṯaj racẖe jė ān si▫o so ralī▫ai kẖeh. ||1|| rahā▫o.

For asking the Lord he who unites with another, he mixes with dust. Pause.

ਸਿਮਰਹੁ ਸਿਮਰਹੁ ਸਾਸਿ ਸਾਸਿ ਮਤ ਬਿਲਮ ਕਰੇਹ ॥

सिमरहु सिमरहु सासि सासि मत बिलम करेह ॥

Simrahu simrahu sās sās maṯ bilam kareh.

With every breath, meditate, meditate thou on thy Lord, and never make any delay.

ਛੋਡਿ ਪ੍ਰਪੰਚੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸਿਉ ਰਚਹੁ ਤਜਿ ਕੂੜੇ ਨੇਹ ॥੨॥

छोडि प्रपंचु प्रभ सिउ रचहु तजि कूड़े नेह ॥२॥

Cẖẖod parpancẖ parabẖ si▫o racẖahu ṯaj kūṛe neh. ||2||

Renouncing the worldly affairs and forsaking the false loves, be thou merged in the Lord.

ਜਿਨਿ ਅਨਿਕ ਏਕ ਬਹੁ ਰੰਗ ਕੀਏ ਹੈ ਹੋਸੀ ਏਹ ॥

जिनि अनिक एक बहु रंग कीए है होसी एह ॥

Jin anik ek baho rang kī▫e hai hosī eh.

He, who being One as also many, has set on foot various plays; such Lord is and shall also be.

ਕਰਿ ਸੇਵਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਮਤਿ ਲੇਹ ॥੩॥

करि सेवा तिसु पारब्रहम गुर ते मति लेह ॥३॥

Kar sevā ṯis pārbarahm gur ṯe maṯ leh. ||3||

Receiving instruction from the Guru, serve thou that supreme Lord.

ਊਚੇ ਤੇ ਊਚਾ ਵਡਾ ਸਭ ਸੰਗਿ ਬਰਨੇਹ ॥

ऊचे ते ऊचा वडा सभ संगि बरनेह ॥

Ūcẖe ṯe ūcẖā vadā sabẖ sang barneh.

Highest of the high, illustrious and the companion of all, the Lord is said to be.

ਦਾਸ ਦਾਸ ਕੋ ਦਾਸਰਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਰਿ ਲੇਹ ॥੪॥੧੭॥੪੭॥

दास दास को दासरा नानक करि लेह ॥४॥१७॥४७॥

Ḏās ḏās ko ḏāsrā Nānak kar leh. ||4||17||47||

O Lord, make Nanak the slave of the slave of Thine slaves.

SGGS Ang 812

?? Dhan Guru Arjan Dev ji

?? Waheguru

Words of Wisdom

As persons living in a house infested with venomous snakes are always alert and cautious, so should men living in the world be always on their guard against the allurments of lust and greed.

As dry leaves are blown about here and there by the wind, and have no choice of their own, and make no exertion, so those who depend on God, move in harmony with His will, and put no effort of their own.

Sri Ramakrishna Parmahansa.

THE JEWEL OF LOVE

The Lord made me His own

and I am drenched in His Love

Even were my body put into flames

I would not flinch for a moment,

even were I to lose my life

I would no break the bond of His Love.

How can the jewel of love

be obtained for nothing?

In exchange for my very being

I bought Him, the Priceless One.

The Lord for whom Brahma sought in vain

I have found within my own body.

Says Kabir: I have become free

from the ties of hopes and desires,

I have met the Lord and am blessed

with unshakeable faith in Him.

The Lord has made me His own

and I am drenched in His love.

Bhagat Sree Kabir Jeeo.

NO TIME..NO TIME.

I Knelt To Pray But Not For Long,
I Had Too Much To Do.

I Had To Hurry And Get To Work
For Bills Would Soon Be Due.

So I Knelt And Said A Hurried Prayer,
And Jumped Up Off My Knees.
My Religious Duty Was Now Done
My Soul Could Rest At Ease.....

All Day Long I Had No Time
To Spread A Word Of Cheer
No Time To Speak Of God To Friends,
They'd Laugh At Me I'd Fear.

No Time, No Time,

Too Much To Do,
That Was My Constant Cry
No Time To Give To Souls In Need

But At Last The Time Came,

The Time To Die,
I Went Before The Lord.

I Came, I Stood With Downcast Eyes.
For In His Hands God Held A Book;

It Was The Book Of Life.

God Looked Into His Book And Said
'Your Name I Cannot Find,

I Once Was Going To Write It Down...

But Never Found The Time'

NO MATTER HOW BUSY WE ARE
WE MUST FIND TIME
FOR THE ONE
WHO HAS GIVEN US

SUCH A BEAUTIFUL LIFE

&

A WONDERFUL FAMILY !!!!!

KNOWLEDGE OF THE INFINITE

You ask, "How can we know the Infinite?"

I answer, not by reason.

It is the office of reason to distinguish and define.

The Infinite, therefore, cannot be ranked among its objects.

You can only apprehend the Infinite by a faculty superior to reason,

by entering into a state in which you are your finite self no longer,

in which the Divine Essence is communicated to you.

This is Ecstasy.

It is the liberation of your mind from its finite consciousness.

-- Plotinus