• advertisement_alt

404 posts in this topic

SGGS ji Ang 677

🙏🏻 Dhan Guru Arjan Dev ji

धनासरी महला ५ ॥

Ḏẖanāsrī mėhlā 5.

Dhanasri 5th Guru.

जह जह पेखउ तह हजूरि दूरि कतहु न जाई ॥

Jah jah pekẖa▫o ṯah hajūr ḏūr kaṯahu na jā▫ī.

Wherever I see, there I see Him present, He My Master, is never far from any place.

रवि रहिआ सरबत्र मै मन सदा धिआई ॥१॥

Rav rahi▫ā sarbaṯar mai man saḏā ḏẖi▫ā▫ī. ||1||

O my soul, ever remember Him, who is contained in everything.

1 person likes this

Harsharan paji, these two shabads  that you shared, are very nice of Bhai Jasbir Singh Paonta Sahib wale, I like his Kirtan. 

May I also add this one to them, that I like. 

1 person likes this

Thanks Simran Pen Jee for adding his this Shabad.

For me he is a great keertanee, his voice is powerful, whenever I listen him doing keertan, I just feel exuberated with the power of Bani, there are quite a few Raagis graced in getting the listeners to that high state, and he is one of them...

Though all keertanee ragis, have my deep respect, for singing His wadeeayee, and making us thus aware of His infinite inmensity.

Sat Sree Akal.

1 person likes this

Edited by harsharan000
1 person likes this

Some more blissful keeratn of His beant wadeeayee

1 person likes this

1 person likes this

1 person likes this

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:34 AM, harsharan000 said:

One more thing, do not judge any mahapurkhs of other dharams, such as Swami Vivekananda, you have no right.

A small lamp can not be compared to  a sun, but nevethless it gives light according to its limitations at the best.

In a similar way, mahapurukhs of other dharmas can not be ever compared to our Guru Sahiban, but even then, their limited small light is better than the darkness you promote.

Sat Sree Akal.

You can call the swami by whatever name you choose.  This does not change the fact of Swami Vivekananda not accepting Shabad Guru/Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as Guru.  Therefore he did not have the knowledge or kirpa to be a Mahapurkh. 

Edited by Akalifauj

16 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

You can call the swami by whatever name you choose.  This does not change the fact of Swami Vivekananda not accepting Shabad Guru/Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as Guru.  Therefore he did not have the knowledge or kirpa to be a Mahapurkh. 

First of all, I do not call anyone with any name as I want, rather as he/she is already known by everyone else.

Mahapurukh literally means, a great personality (maha = great + purukh = person) for whatever reason, not necessarily someone who has realized the Supreme Truth.

Why so much fuss and noise about this Swami, nobody is saying He is a Gurmukh, which probably you think he is presented as such.

I just found a nice phrase of his, which I felt like sharing with the sangat, that´s it. How many millions are there out, and know nothing about Shabad Guru as you say, but still they are good, and great  personalities in some fields.

On the other side, I know there are amritdharis, who talk about Guru Jee or Shabad Guru, but  are worse then the devil himself.

So, knowing or parroting is one thing, and to put into  practice the highest ideals of sikhee is something different, that of reaching, and becoming one with Him, through Bhajan Bandagee alone and His Grace, hand by hand.

Once again I am going to reproduce Swami Vivekanada´s words below :

What does one get by prayer?

I gained nothing.

In fact I lost anger, depression, jealousy, irritation & insecurity.

Nowhere is he telling nor inducing anyone to pray this deity, god or any other entity, rather he is inspiring everyone to pray truly, for with that, one gets rid of the dirty heavy vikaars, just as anger, jealousy, irritation and insecurity.... that also, he is not saying it theoretically, but from his own personal experience.

Now to whom one prays, or how one prays, that is all up to each person´s personal beliefs.

If one is a hindu, one will pray to the hindu gods; if one is a muslim, one will pray to Allah; if a christian, to Christ/god, if a sikh, to Wahiguru or SGGSM...

He is not presurrizing anyone to pray to someone in particular.

See goodness  where it is, in the human beings, in nature, it costs nothing....

Nobody chooses by himself/herself  to be a sikh, hindu, muslim,christian or a budhist... everyone acts, or plays the role assigned under His Hukum, and nobody can go against it, rather follow it.

So, if we are sikhs in this present birth, and realize how blessed or privilged we are in being so, we should thank Him for that from the very bottom of our hearts, that, Oh Sachay Patshah, from all the infinite creation, you have had a glance of mercy on a foolish manmukh like me? To pull me out, and blend me with You. Who can understand your beant wadeeayee?

With what words can I sing Your glory, Sachay Patshah?

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000
2 people like this

A blissful Shabad, in a melodious voice.

Sat Sree Akal.

2 people like this

16 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Honestly, you need to calm down. All he is trying to do is encourage people through the bhakti route. Rather than discourage people. There are so many criminals in this world who are preaching paaps, so that being said it would be wiser for people to go samja them to change, rather than changing someone who is just trying to encourage bhakthi.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, simran345 said:

A beautiful Shabad, Simran Pen Jee.

Thanks for it.

Sat Sree Akal.

1 person likes this

The path which leads us to our True Home:

Raag Sorath, Dhan Dhan  Satguru Amar Das Maharaj

ਜੋ ਬੋਲਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਉ ਤਿਨ ਜਮੁ ਛਡਿ ਗਇਆ

Jo Bolehi Har Har Naao Thin Jam Shhadd Gaeiaa

जो बोलहि हरि हरि नाउ तिन जमु छडि गइआ

Those who chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, are passed over by the Messenger of Death.

ਸੇ ਦਰਗਹ ਪੈਧੇ ਜਾਹਿ ਜਿਨਾ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਿ ਲਇਆ

Sae Dharageh Paidhhae Jaahi Jinaa Har Jap Laeiaa

से दरगह पैधे जाहि जिना हरि जपि लइआ

Those who meditate on the Lord, go to His Court in robes of honor.

In the couplet above, with words of Satguru Amar Das Maharaj, He tells us that, when one dedicates oneself in the devotion of Nam Bhakti alone, then even the messengers of death dare not interfere in the way of that wadbhagee jeev atma / soul, of returning back to its Nijh Ghar. There is absolutely no power which can stop that soul in going back, no maya, no Kaal, absolutely nothing, as one is under  the shelter of Naam.

Then He tells us also, that, those who meditate on Naam Simran, are cleansed from all impurities of karmas, vikaars, impressions, etc, thus throughy purified, return back to their origin Akal Purukh, and merge in Him, thus becoming one with Him.

Sat Sree Akal.

2 people like this

1 person likes this

We all ask for Grace(Daya) from  Wahiguru, but here in this Shabad, Guru Jee tells us, what type of Grace should we ask from  Him.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000
2 people like this

SOME QUESTIONS (as sikhs) AND ANSWERS (from Guru Jee) ON SPIRITUALITY.

Q)What is the highest karam which one can perform as being accepted in His court?

A)  ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਹੈ ਸਿਰਿ ਕਰਮਨ ਕੈ ਕਰਮਾ

Har Keerath Saadhhasangath Hai Sir Karaman Kai Karamaa

हरि कीरति साधसंगति है सिरि करमन कै करमा

Singing the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, is the highest of all actions.

Raag Sorath Dhan Dhan Satguru Arjan Dev Maharaj.

Q) Who can perform that highest karam?

A)ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਇਓ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਜਿਸੁ ਪੁਰਬ ਲਿਖੇ ਕਾ ਲਹਨਾ

Kahu Naanak This Bhaeiou Paraapath Jis Purab Likhae Kaa Lehanaa

कहु नानक तिसु भइओ परापति जिसु पुरब लिखे का लहना ॥८॥

Says Nanak, he alone obtains it, who is pre-destined to receive it.

* The remaing shall be entangled and engrossed with outer "koor".

Raag Sorath Dhan Dhan Satguru Arjan Dev Maharaj.

Q) How can we do sewa of the Supreme Lord Wahiguru Akal Purukh?

A) ਹਰਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰੰਜਨੁ ਸੇਵਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਈਐ

Har Purakh Niranjan Saev Har Naam Dhhiaaeeai

हरि पुरखु निरंजनु सेवि हरि नामु धिआईऐ

Serve the Immaculate Lord God,  by meditating  on the Lord's Name

Raag Sorath Dhan Dhan Satguru Amar Das Maharaj.

Sat Sree Akal.

2 people like this

SUPREME IMPORTANCE OF NAAM OVER OTHER PRACTICES

Raag Ramkalee, Panchvee Patshahee Satguru Arjun Dev Maharaj

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਕੋ ਸਕੈ ਨ ਤਾਰਿ

Naam Binaa Ko Sakai N Thaar

नाम बिना को सकै न तारि

Without  Naam, no one can be carried across.

ਸਗਲ ਉਪਾਵ ਨ ਚਾਲਹਿ ਸੰਗਿ

Sagal Oupaav N Chaalehi Sang

सगल उपाव न चालहि संगि

make any amount of other efforts, but none will go along with you.

In this couplet above from Raag Ramkalee of Dhan Dhan Satguru Arjun Dev Maharaj, He tells us that, only Naam is the vessel to ferry us across from this mayavee creation to our True Home in Sach Khand, and if we do not do its "kamaee", then no matter how many other tricks, efforts, rituals, we may perform, but, none of them shall be for us of any help, in returning back to our Nijh Ghar.

You see, these paviter words of the Bani above, are not mine, nor of any gyani, devi, devtay, but, of Wahiguru Akal Purukh Himself, when He was in the swaroop of Fifth Patshahee.

And His words are eternal Truth, are the exact and precise directions to be followed, for those who want Him only.

Others may talk big things, but nevertheless is manmukhta, which shall surely bind us by our necks in the chaurasee.

Poor jeevas.... doing not what Guru Jee tells us to do, but rather do, what the ignorant andhay manmukhs lead us to believe.

Is it that difficult to follow Guru jee´s Hukum? 

That also, when out of His apaar kirpa, He simplifies for us, the path which has to be travelled in reaching Him, and thus He catching our arm by His powerful hand, and pulling us out from this nashvaant mayavee creation...

Sat Sree Akal.

1 person likes this

1 person likes this

Wahiguru Akal Purukh´s grace falls eqaully on each and every jeeva. He does no partiality like manmukhs, for all are His very own.

The awareness of His kirpa and Light, is more felt, when the lesser the layers on ourselves.

For example, if the windows of our houses are dirty, then no matter how much sunlight is there, our homes are filled with darkness.

Only when we start cleaning the dirt accumulated on the windows, the first sun ray comes in, and there is some light in the room, and the more we clean, more and more light comes in, and brighter our houses become.

In a similar way, the more bhakti we do, the more we cleanse the filth from our minds, and the the more we feel His love, His daya.

You see, the sunlight is always there, in equal measure for all, it is we who have turned our backs to Him, or have shut the windows of our homes and allowed the dirt being accumulated on the glasses of the windows.

Wahiguru is there and everywhere, it is we who have to cleanse throughly(Bhakti), in order to feel the warmth of His prem, and the Light of His consciousness, then we shall never ever walk in darkness and make mistakes(karam), rather walk towards Him, with full faith and devotion, and at the end of the day(our existence in maya), the individual Sun ray(jeev atma), merges and becomes the Sun itself.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000
2 people like this

Amritvela Chaliya.
Recorded on 18th August 2016 at Gurudwara Guru Singh Sabha, Ulhasnagar, Maharashtra {India}....
Katha Kirtan By BhaiSahib Bhai Gurpreet Singh Ji {Rinku Ji}

Edited by harsharan000
2 people like this

2 people like this