Liberation/Mukti

Raag Suhi Sree Guru Ram Das Maharaj

ਤੇ ਮੁਕਤ ਭਏ ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਤਿਨ ਪਵਿਤੁ ਪਰਮ ਪਦੁ ਪਾਏ ॥੧॥

Thae Mukath Bheae Jin Har Naam Dhhiaaeiaa Thin Pavith Param Padh Paaeae ||1||

ते मुकत भए जिन हरि नामु धिआइआ तिन पवितु परम पदु पाए ॥१॥

They alone become liberated, who meditate on the Name of the Lord; they obtain the supreme status.

In the lines above of Dhan Dhan Satguru Sree Guru Ram Das Maharaj, is revealed the secret for our jeevan mukti for once and ever, in simple and clear words for us manmukhs.

He clearly says that, do whatever you may want as per terms of devotion, such as rituals, idol worship, etc, but nothing of that is of any avail to you; because only those wadbhagee jeevas get mukti/liberation, who mediatate on the name of the lord.

Guru Jee´s wadeeayee has no limits, and on the other side our moorakhta also has no limits....

Sat Sree Akal.

Continuing a little bit with the pure paviter Bani of Sree Guru Ram Das Maharaj, in Raag Suhi as seen above.

The next question that which arises in our minds after reading the line above is, if meditating on His Name is the only way to achieve mukti from the wheel of births and deaths, and also is so much emphasized by Guru Sahibans in the Bani, why, most of the people prefer to do so many other things according to their understanding as per how our Dharam is.

That also, when the amritful words of our Guru Sahibans are so clear and simple ...

Well, to this question, Guru Jee beautifully says:

ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਆਰਾਧਿਆ ਜਿਨ ਕਉ ਧੁਰਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਲਿਖਤੁ ਲਿਲਾਰਾ

Thinhee Anthar Har Aaraadhhiaa Jin Ko Dhhur Likhiaa Likhath Lilaaraa ||

तिन्ही अंतरि हरि आराधिआ जिन कउ धुरि लिखिआ लिखतु लिलारा

They alone worship and adore the Lord deep within, who are blessed with such pre-ordained destiny from the very beginning of time.

He says, it is all by His Hukum. Because, only they meditate on His sweet Name, on whose forehead, He has written so. The rest will worship devis, devtays, past beings, and engage in all external activities or rituals.

You see, Guru Jee´s Bani has no second meanings, their teachings are straight and forward; it is our corrupted and weak minds, which interpret the Bani wrongly.

Mostly because, it is that what we have seen the majority do, so we take it for granted to be true, without taking a breath to sit down, and see the amazing real sweetness and beauty of the truths in the Bani, beyond any description ...

You see, He clearly says above : They alone worship and adore the Lord deep within.

These are clear instructions as per how the devoton should be done,or of what it should consist.

He says, this devotion, is of meditating on His Name, that also, not at a particular outer place, or in a collectively gathering ..... but rather at a place of solitude and solace, which quite well could be our own very house, because it is within us where we have to go / enter.

Because if it is deep within ourselves, why should others surround us? They may distract our attention from our Bhakti.

And if I am to go within myself, and thus be unconsciouss of my outer surroundings, in order to be in the company of my Beloved Wahiguru, why should anyone know or see, my intimate relation with Him?

You see, it maybe only one or two lines of the Bani, but they have depth in them, and are complete by themselves. No need for big discussions or debates.

It is only by faith and to put the Bani into practice, for becoming one with the Divine Wahiguru within us.

Such is the utmost beauty and value of the Bani of our Guru Sahibans.

Sat Sree Akal.

Some people say that only halal (meat prepared in the Islamic way of slitting the animals throat) can’t be eaten.

Guru Granth Sahib jee forbids us to eat halal, so how can Guru Granth Sahib possibly say its OK to eat jhatka (meat prepared by killing the animal with one swift strike)?

A Sikh talks of Guru and listens to Guru. A person who doesn’t listen to Guru or talk of Guru is not a Sikh. People say, “But I read in a book that it is OK to eat meat.”

Are they going to believe a book or their Guru? Like in front of the Sun all other lights fade away into insignificance.

God’s Word, bani, has power that transforms water into amrit.

Whether a man strangles someone slowly to death, or shoots the victim quickly, he is sentenced for murder, regardless of how the killing was done. It makes no difference how you kill the animal, halal or jhatka, you’ll get the same punishment at the end.

The holy Hindus used to eat meat, Bhagat Kabir jee asked, “If they are the Saints then who are the butchers?”

Have you ever meditated on Bentee Chaupee? People say Guru Gobind Singh jee ate meat. But our Guru was the ocean of mercy, read what he writes in Bentee Chaupee:

“Cheetee te kanchan asthoola, sabh par kirpa drisat kar phoola…
From the smallest insect to the biggest elephant, God’s throws his glance of blessing on all, and gets pleasure by doing so.”

God’s mercy is on all creatures from the tiniest ant to the huge elephant. If Guru Gobind Singh jee had written, “Your mercy is not upon the goat, chicken and lamb then it would be OK to eat them.

But he didn’t. Guru jee wrote God’s mercy is upon ALL creatures.”

baba Maan Singh

Sat Sree Akal

P.S: I do not know, who this Baba is, but reading this paragraph above from his writings, I liked it, and felt like sharing it with the sangat here.

• 2 weeks later...

ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਰਮਈਆ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਕਿਉ ਪਾਈਐ ਕਿਤੁ ਭਤਿ ॥

Gẖat gẖat rama▫ī▫ā man vasai ki▫o pā▫ī▫ai kiṯ bẖaṯ.

The All-pervading Lord dwells within each and every person's heart-how can He be obtained?

ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਭੇਟੀਐ ਹਰਿ ਆਇ ਵਸੈ ਮਨਿ ਚਿਤਿ ॥

Gur pūrā saṯgur bẖetī▫ai har ā▫e vasai man cẖiṯ.

By meeting the Perfect Guru, the True Guru, the Lord comes to dwell within the conscious mind.

ਮੈ ਧਰ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਧਾਰੁ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੈ ਤੇ ਗਤਿ ਮਤਿ ॥

Mai ḏẖar nām aḏẖār hai har nāmai ṯe gaṯ maṯ.

The Naam is my Support and Sustenance. From the Lord's Name, I obtain salvation and understanding.

ਮੈ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਹੁ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੇ ਹੀ ਜਤਿ ਪਤਿ ॥

Mai har har nām visāhu hai har nāme hī jaṯ paṯ.

My faith is in the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. The Lord's Name is my status and honor.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਤੜਾ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਤਿ ॥੫॥

Jan Nānak nām ḏẖi▫ā▫i▫ā rang raṯ▫ṛā har rang raṯ. ||5||

Servant Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord; He is dyed in the deep crimson color of the Lord's Love. ||5||

Happy 2016 Guru Purnima everyone : )

Thank you Preet for the pangtis of Gurbani. Out of interest, may I ask how do you celebrate Guru Purnima? From my understanding it originates from India, is that right? Sorry I don't know much about it and I or anybody else I know has never celebrated this festival as part of Sikhi. What do people do in India on this occasion? Much thanks.

Guest Jacfsing2

Thank you Preet for the pangtis of Gurbani. Out of interest, may I ask how do you celebrate Guru Purnima? From my understanding it originates from India, is that right? Sorry I don't know much about it and I or anybody else I know has never celebrated this festival as part of Sikhi. What do people do in India on this occasion? Much thanks.

I want to know what Guru Purnima is as well?

I want to know what Guru Purnima is as well?

Google came up with this;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_Purnima

I'm assuming it's a holiday in India that's celebrated in regards to spiritual teachers of guidance, which one also calls a Guru, which I am again assuming are living teachers. But I could be wrong, only from what I've read. But the Sikh Gurus I would not fit into this description, as Harsharan Paji gave a good post in another thread:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/79482-worshipping-gurus/?hl=worship

ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਰਮਈਆ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਕਿਉ ਪਾਈਐ ਕਿਤੁ ਭਤਿ ॥
Gẖat gẖat rama▫ī▫ā man vasai ki▫o pā▫ī▫ai kiṯ bẖaṯ.
The All-pervading Lord dwells within each and every person's heart-how can He be obtained?
ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਭੇਟੀਐ ਹਰਿ ਆਇ ਵਸੈ ਮਨਿ ਚਿਤਿ ॥
Gur pūrā saṯgur bẖetī▫ai har ā▫e vasai man cẖiṯ.
By meeting the Perfect Guru, the True Guru, the Lord comes to dwell within the conscious mind.
ਮੈ ਧਰ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਧਾਰੁ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੈ ਤੇ ਗਤਿ ਮਤਿ ॥
Mai ḏẖar nām aḏẖār hai har nāmai ṯe gaṯ maṯ.
The Naam is my Support and Sustenance. From the Lord's Name, I obtain salvation and understanding.
ਮੈ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਹੁ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੇ ਹੀ ਜਤਿ ਪਤਿ ॥
Mai har har nām visāhu hai har nāme hī jaṯ paṯ.
My faith is in the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. The Lord's Name is my status and honor.
ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਤੜਾ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਤਿ ॥੫॥
Jan Nānak nām ḏẖi▫ā▫i▫ā rang raṯ▫ṛā har rang raṯ. ||5||
Servant Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord; He is dyed in the deep crimson color of the Lord's Love. ||5||
Happy 2016 Guru Purnima everyone : )

Just awesome Preeet Jee.