Akalifauj ji I think you have misinterpreted what has been written. From what I understand, Harsharan paji is talking about those spoilt sons, who keep demanding materialistic things without having any respect or love for their fathers. Is that right Harsharan ji?

His whole post is wrapped with reference to Akal Purakh giving. Poster Harsharan, is referring to Akal Purakh as taking on a worldly (in maya) fathers characteristics in the paragraph I highlighted in my last post by quoting it separately. Look at how the whole post flows from start to finish. Poster Harsharan gave Vaheguru a fatherly role according to his understanding, how Vaheguru will act if a son did so and so. What I was pointing out was, how Vaheguru does not take on a worldly father's characteristics due to what Guru Sahib has said in Japji Sahib. When Guru Sahib takes on the role as a father, he does not so by the personality of a worldly father. Vaheguru takes on the role as a husband as well in Gurbani, but never does hi by taking on a worldly husband's characteristics.

My next paragraph spoke of how Vaheguru through Guru Sahib grace gave Bhagat Dhanna Jatt ji worldly items after Bhagat ji asked for them. This asking and receiving is approved as Gurbani. These Shabads come in Aarti. I honestly believe he is purposely ignoring them because they show a total picture of Gurbani which does not match with his views on how Vaheguru gives and how his Gursikhs ask.

In the post he writes a response, he viciously attacks me, which you have liked. So let me ask you, do you think it is alright to insult a person in the way he insulted me? I did not provoke him or say anything to insult him. In the past I have made mistakes, but I know it was wrong as I have learned from my mistakes. You have said to me not to insult others. Yet you praise the very post he insults me.

Anyone see the dangers of writing like the above poster or maybe he copied and pasted it from someone else? Whatever the case, this kind of writing increases hankar (ego). It would be different if a person was trying to explain a concept from Gurbani after studying Gurbani on the topic extensively. But the above is not the case. The writer makes the easiest mistake. The writer says:

Japji Sahib does not agree with this statement at all. Japji Sahib says Vaheguru gives without asking. Vaheguru not liking to give!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? Gursikh is a person who has the mind attuned to Gurbani. Gursikhs leave the mind's desire to feel spiritually uplifted and show others how much they think they know on spirituality behind and attach themselves to the Shabad Guru. A Sikh learns from the Guru and does not boost over what the mind thinks is spiritual. The Guru defines spirituality not the mind of an average person.

Guru Sahib does not tell us to stop from asking. Bhagat Dhanna Jatt ji asked for worldly items in Gurbani to use them as tools and not be the end all goal for the items. The idea is to ask for items, but know the focus of life is to follow the Guru's teachings. If I ask for millions of dollars today that does not make me a manmukh. My intention behind the millions of dollars can make it fruitful or a hindrance to achieve Vaheguru. Asking for a son is not a sin or wrong. We, Sikhs have been corrupted by the spiritually unwise and their shortsightedness has lead much of the Sikh population astray. They have become rigid and deal in good and bad, much like the simritees and shastras. They use Gurbani as a fault finding book in those who they don't like because a certain person doesn't prescribe to their professor's beliefs.

Focus on Gurbani and leave the mind behind.

At least if you can't understand a point - it will not hurt you to politely point out to the person to re-explain it to you. It does help when you write something which would be a valid point in itself but you drag the other person down as well. It spoils the message which others will be getting from the original post.

The points which you have stated in your post are not 100% accurate either. It is obvious from your post that you do not understand the meaning of manmukh either. it means a person who follows their own mind. A person who follows their own mind would ask for a million dollars as Guru Ji never gave the mat of asking for a million dollars. A Gurmukh on the other hand would consult the Guru and know how and what to ask for. If you read the Guru Granth Sahib, you will find numerous places where we have been taught about what to ask for.

What you are preaching is what can lead people astray very badly. So next time, please ask the poster to re-explain a point which you do not understand. Stop making assumptions and read more to make yourself wiser. You need to firmly grasp the message of Sikhism and not assume you are wise in most affairs. I think you owe an apology - and you need to correct your mistake too.

We are all here to help each other. No one is perfect. What one person understands better, the other person has not even heard of. That is the purpose of this site - to learn from others and to share what you understand. Discrediting other posters is not going to help anyone least of all yourself.

At least if you can't understand a point - it will not hurt you to politely point out to the person to re-explain it to you. It does help when you write something which would be a valid point in itself but you drag the other person down as well. It spoils the message which others will be getting from the original post.

Point out for me, how I was not polite in my post and how I dragged another person (who I assume you are referring to Harsharan) down.

SOME POINTS ON SPIRITUAL BASICS

Out of the entire population of the world, few take up spiritual practice that is universal and beyond the confines of formal, organised religion.

So let us see, some points spiritual practice(abhyaas, bhajan bandagee) and its benefits.

Definition of spiritual practice

Giving spiritual practice a clear definition helps us to better understand the purpose of spiritual practice.

When we practice Spirituality with a clear purpose in mind, we have a better chance of success in growing spiritually.

Spiritual Practice should be done on a daily basis

What is common between a champion basketball player and a talented pianist?

The answer is sincere and dedicated practice. By putting in regular effort in any field we improve over time.

The same rule applies to spiritual practice; we need to make consistent efforts to progress Spiritually.

Increasing the level of spiritual practice regularly

Let's take the example of the champion basketball player and the talented pianist again.

They got to their respective levels of skill by increasing the amount of time they devote to playing basketball or the piano regularly.

Similarly, we should keep increasing our spiritual practice in terms of quality and quantity.

Spirituality is to be experienced

Would you rather eat ice cream or study the characteristics of ice cream?

Just as you would likely rather eat the ice cream, it is most beneficial to put what we read about Spirituality into practice and experience it rather than only studying it.

In Spirituality, words have only 2% importance while 98% importance lies in getting the experience of those words.

Gaining spiritual experiences from spiritual practice

When we start spiritual practice(abhyaas, bhajan bandagee), in order to encourage us, God speaks to us through spiritual experiences and assures us that He is near. Due to such experiences, our faith in spiritual practice goes on increasing and our doubts go on reducing. As a result we are able to move on from intellectual banter about Spirituality to true inner experience of God.

Spiritual practice with expectation and without expectation

Doing spiritual practice with expectations of worldly gain wastes our spiritual energy and prevents us from progressing spiritually.

When we do spiritual practice without expectations of worldly gain with sincerity, God only takes care of our material needs as per what is required for our spiritual practice to continue.

Learning to listen to an authority in Spirituality

Would you try to win a court case on your own, or would you consult a lawyer?

Or would you try to treat your illness on your own or would you consult a doctor?

Spirituality is far more complex than any worldly field, so it is important to listen to someone who is an authority in Spirituality and is able to guide us in it.

Own wish, other’s wish and God’s wish

Most of us like to do what we want(manmukhta).

By listening to others(Gursikhs), however, our ego(ahankar) reduces and if we go on listening to others(Gurmukhs) we eventually are able to understand and follow God's wish(Gurbani) due to our ego reducing.

Sat Sree Akal.

Raag Gauri

Sree Guru Arjan Dev Maharaj :

ਮੁਕਤਿ ਪਦਾਰਥੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਈਐ

Mukath Padhaarathh Naam Dhhiaaeeai

मुकति पदारथु नामु धिआईऐ

Liberation is only obtained,

by meditating on the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

Sat Sree Akal.