I agree with what you are saying that naam alone is what gives us mukhti.

This is the only eternal Truth.

I read a line in Gurbani where it says that Shri Krishna ji gave mukhti to somebody. So certainly I think it is possible for the satguru of Dwapur yug to give mukhti..

ਪਰਸਨਪਰਸਭਏਕੁਬਿਜਾਕਉਲੈਬੈਕੁੰਠਿਸਿਧਾਰੇ ॥੧॥

Paras napras bẖa▫e kubijā ka▫o lai baikunṯẖ siḏẖāre. ||1||

Krishna was pleased, and so he touched the hunch-back Kubija, and she was transported to the heavens. ||1||

(ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਹੋ, ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨ ਨੇ ਕੁੱਬੀ ਨੂੰ ਛੁਹਿਆ ਤੇ ਇਹ ਛੂਹਣਾ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਸੱਚਖੰਡ ਨੂੰ ਲੈ ਗਿਆ।)

Preet Pen Jee, as seen the line provided by you above, in which taking the soul of Kubija to Baikunth, is nothing extarordinary; and this job is what as most Krishna Jee can do, because it is his abode as Vishnu Jee.

He can take anyone at most to his own place, that is his limitation as a limited being.

Just tell me, since when Baikunth is equal to Sach Khand?

Baikunth is very much in the limits of mayavee creation, on the other side Sach Khand is the abode of the Supreme Being, Parbraham Parmeshawar, Paree Pooran Parmatma, Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

It is in this abode only of Sach Khand, where when the soul reaches with the aid of Shabad Guru, that one is free forever from the cycle of births and deaths, not otherwise.

Sorry to say, there are no other substitutes paths, nor shortcuts.

The Bani is absolutely clear in this respect, when it says :

Nanak, Naam jahaaz hae, jin chareeya, sey utareeya paar.

O Nanak, the Naam, is the vessel, whosoever boards on it, is ferried across.

Let us suppose for a moment, Krishna Jee is the Supreme Reality, even then, he can not take any soul by his will to Sach Khand, without the aid of Naam or Shabad. Means, by making pure paviter that particular soul first, with the jugtee of Naam simran, and then with the indispensable Shabad Guru

Naam or Shabad, is the way through which Wahiguru comes to our level, and through His Shabad swaroop, takes that wadbhagee soul back to His abode, with Himself as Shabd Guru to Sach Khand. Nobody else apart from Him, has that power or authority.

This has it logic also, as per Bani.

Because the Bani simply says: Ik Oankar Satnam, Satgur Parsad jap.

This means, there is only one God, Oankar, Satnam, who is realized by the jap of His Naam, through the Gurparsad.

Such is the Hukum above of Wahiguru.

In mayavee creation there are changes, but there in the realm of Truth, nothing changes, neither the owner Wahiguru, nor the way: Naam, and definetely the soul does not also.

So if the Lord is one, the path is one, the traveler is one, the Shabad Guru is One, how can we think, that for different ages, eras, times, things can change just like that ....

To confirm this, as I said above, the Bani says: Jug chaare, Naam ootam, Shabad veechaar.

Throughout all the ages, the Shabad or Naam, is the only reality.

The Bani talks about Naam or Shabad as the only reality, not about any avatars of the lesser varied divinities as the 3 main gods, godesses, etc..... to achieve true freedom.

I agree, that at some points, some parts included in the Bani can give place to confusion, just as you and some others have mentioned me at other times, and I respect their beliefs; but when it comes to Gurbani, I am sorry, but I will always point out the Truths in the Bani, and even then too, this does not mean, people will believe what I say, but at least I will have my consciousnees clean that I tried my best.

As a general rule which has been useful to me in discerning any type of confusion if ever arised, it is of a great aid, to read much the Bani with attention, and see how the other Bhagat janas, or Guru Sahibans talk about it, and see it as whole, then only I make sound conclusions.

You see, this Sikhee or Gurmat, is not like teaching maths or history in the school...

It is a path of purity, of Grace from Wahiguru, to understand the Bani... it is not in the hands of any person to understand the depth of the Bani, neither it is in the hands of any person to make it understand, it is fully in the hands of Wahiguru.

We must also bear, the Bani is not going to get polluted or get down to our manmukhta level...on the contrary, we can be postive and try to elevate our consciousness, by removing the filth of karmas gathered since countless births, and the only way to do that is by following the root essence of the Bani:

Ik Oankar Satnam, Satgur parsad Jap.

Best of luck Preet Pen jee in your spiritual journey, in which you may feel comfortable as per your beliefs.

Sat Sree Akal.

Going a bit further with the point of Mukti arised by Preet Pen Jee above, I would like to share a few clarifying words full of wisdom by our beloved First Patshahee in Asa Dee Vaar:

ਨਾਉ ਸੁਣਿ ਮਨੁ ਰਹਸੀਐ ਤਾ ਪਾਏ ਮੋਖ ਦੁਆਰੁ

Naao Sun Man Rehaseeai Thaa Paaeae Mokh Dhuaar

नाउ सुणि मनु रहसीऐ ता पाए मोख दुआरु

Hearing the Name, the mind is enraptured; then, he attains the gate of salvation.

Here Guru Jee is telling us, that by listening to the Shabad Dhun, the mind is defeated.

And once the mind is defeated, the soul is thus liberated from its clutches and its master Kal Purukh. And then proceeds further towards the gate of salvation, which is our Nijh Ghar Sach Khand.

* And all this happens not by the merits or efforts of the soul, but by grace and love of the Shabad Guru towards that particular jeeva/soul.

Then only is Mukti achieved.

Not by interference of any other divinity or god....

Be it Vishnu(Krishna, Ram...), Brahma or Shiva, just to name a few among all these care takers of the mayavee creation.

Then in the following line, Guru Jee tells us about how to listen that Shabad Dhun within us, in order to achieve what He mentioned about mukti in the previous line above.

He says:

ਸਚੁ ਤਾ ਪਰੁ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਜਾ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਜਾਣੈ ਜੀਉ

Sach Thaa Par Jaaneeai Jaa Jugath Jaanai Jeeo

सचु ता परु जाणीऐ जा जुगति जाणै जीउ

One knows the Truth only, when he knows the true method or "jugtee"

So now the question is, what is that method or jugtee by which one comes to know the Supreme Truth?

The answer to that, is the essence of Gurmat, of Sikhee, which is none other, than His simran.

Guru Jee beautifully and in very simple words, directly tells us something which is constantly repeated in each and every ang : Ik Oankar Satnam, Satgur Parsad Jap.

This is the jugtee, which Guru Sahiban, stresses upon right from the begining. This means, do His Simran, and you will merge in Him.

Can we ever be thankful to our Guru Sahiban, for being so merciful on us, by letting us know the Supreme Truth, thus taking us away from manmukhta, from braham, from brahamanavadee ....in which almost the whole world is drowned happily....

Such a pity !

Sat Sree Akal.

That is so true! But if those people are happy, so be it if they are not harming anyone :) It reminds me of a line in Sri Vishnu Sahasranama, Srimata Parvati ji asks Sri Shiva ji "how to impress or say the Sri Vishnu Sahasranam easily", and Sri Shiva ji said: "Sree Rama Rameti Rame Rame Manorame Sahsranaama Tathulyam Rama Nama Varaanane", which means that Narayan is impressed by the jaap of 'Raam'. So even the Gods know, that jaap is the answer.

Jaap in Sikhi is of Waheguru only and of none other.

Going a bit further with the point of Mukti arised by Preet Pen Jee above, I would like to share a few clarifying words full of wisdom by our beloved First Patshahee in Asa Dee Vaar:

ਨਾਉ ਸੁਣਿ ਮਨੁ ਰਹਸੀਐ ਤਾ ਪਾਏ ਮੋਖ ਦੁਆਰੁ

Naao Sun Man Rehaseeai Thaa Paaeae Mokh Dhuaar

नाउ सुणि मनु रहसीऐ ता पाए मोख दुआरु

Hearing the Name, the mind is enraptured; then, he attains the gate of salvation.

Here Guru Jee is telling us, that by listening to the Shabad Dhun, the mind is defeated.

And once the mind is defeated, the soul is thus liberated from its clutches and its master Kal Purukh. And then proceeds further towards the gate of salvation, which is our Nijh Ghar Sach Khand.

* And all this happens not by the merits or efforts of the soul, but by grace and love of the Shabad Guru towards that particular jeeva/soul.

Then only is Mukti achieved.

Not by interference of any other divinity or god....

Be it Vishnu(Krishna, Ram...), Brahma or Shiva, just to name a few among all these care takers of the mayavee creation.

Then in the following line, Guru Jee tells us about how to listen that Shabad Dhun within us, in order to achieve what He mentioned about mukti in the previous line above.

He says:

ਸਚੁ ਤਾ ਪਰੁ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਜਾ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਜਾਣੈ ਜੀਉ

Sach Thaa Par Jaaneeai Jaa Jugath Jaanai Jeeo

सचु ता परु जाणीऐ जा जुगति जाणै जीउ

One knows the Truth only, when he knows the true method or "jugtee"

So now the question is, what is that method or jugtee by which one comes to know the Supreme Truth?

The answer to that, is the essence of Gurmat, of Sikhee, which is none other, than His simran.

Guru Jee beautifully and in very simple words, directly tells us something which is constantly repeated in each and every ang : Ik Oankar Satnam, Satgur Parsad Jap.

This is the jugtee, which Guru Sahiban, stresses upon right from the begining. This means, do His Simran, and you will merge in Him.

Can we ever be thankful to our Guru Sahiban, for being so merciful on us, by letting us know the Supreme Truth, thus taking us away from manmukhta, from braham, from brahamanavadee ....in which almost the whole world is drowned happily....

Such a pity !

Sat Sree Akal.

Lovely.

?? Waheguru

On 20 January 2016 at 10:22 AM, Preeet said:

Yes of course, but many do Raam/Har har/Govinda jaap as well in Sikhi.

There are a few names in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji that refer to the Lord, Waheguru, God ??. A Sikh would still be referring to Waheguru if using them words.

ਰਾਮਕਲੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

रामकली महला ५ ॥

Rāmkalī mėhlā 5.

Ramkali 5th Guru.

ਕੋਈ ਬੋਲੈ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਮ ਕੋਈ ਖੁਦਾਇ ॥

कोई बोलै राम राम कोई खुदाइ ॥

Ko▫ī bolai rām rām ko▫ī kẖuḏā▫e.

Some call on the Lord, "Ram, Ram" and some "Khuda".

ਕੋਈ ਸੇਵੈ ਗੁਸਈਆ ਕੋਈ ਅਲਾਹਿ ॥੧॥

कोई सेवै गुसईआ कोई अलाहि ॥१॥

Ko▫ī sevai gus▫ī▫ā ko▫ī alāhi. ||1||

Some serve Him as "Gosain"', and some as "Allah".

ਕਾਰਣ ਕਰਣ ਕਰੀਮ ॥

कारण करण करीम ॥

Kāraṇ karaṇ karīm.

He is the cause of causes of causes and is Bountiful.

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਧਾਰਿ ਰਹੀਮ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

किरपा धारि रहीम ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Kirpā ḏẖār rahīm. ||1|| rahā▫o.

Some talk of the Extender of mercy and some of the Merciful. Pause.

ਕੋਈ ਨਾਵੈ ਤੀਰਥਿ ਕੋਈ ਹਜ ਜਾਇ ॥

कोई नावै तीरथि कोई हज जाइ ॥

Ko▫ī nāvai ṯirath ko▫ī haj jā▫e.

Some bathe at the Hindus pilgrim pilgrimage to Mecca.

ਕੋਈ ਕਰੈ ਪੂਜਾ ਕੋਈ ਸਿਰੁ ਨਿਵਾਇ ॥੨॥

कोई करै पूजा कोई सिरु निवाइ ॥२॥

Ko▫ī karai pūjā ko▫ī sir nivā▫e. ||2||

Some perform Hindu worship and some bow their heads in the Muslim fashion.

ਕੋਈ ਪੜੈ ਬੇਦ ਕੋਈ ਕਤੇਬ ॥ कोई पड़ै बेद कोई कतेब ॥

Ko▫ī paṛai beḏ ko▫ī kaṯeb.

Some read the Vedas and some the Muslim, religious books.

ਕੋਈ ਓਢੈ ਨੀਲ ਕੋਈ ਸੁਪੇਦ ॥੩॥

कोई ओढै नील कोई सुपेद ॥३॥

Ko▫ī odẖai nīl ko▫ī supeḏ. ||3||

Some wear blue robes and some white.

ਕੋਈ ਕਹੈ ਤੁਰਕੁ ਕੋਈ ਕਹੈ ਹਿੰਦੂ ॥

कोई कहै तुरकु कोई कहै हिंदू ॥

Ko▫ī kahai ṯurak ko▫ī kahai hinḏū.

One calls himself Muslim and one calls himself Hindu.

ਕੋਈ ਬਾਛੈ ਭਿਸਤੁ ਕੋਈ ਸੁਰਗਿੰਦੂ ॥੪॥

कोई बाछै भिसतु कोई सुरगिंदू ॥४॥

Ko▫ī bācẖẖai bẖisaṯ ko▫ī surginḏū. ||4||

One desires the paradise of the Muslims and one the heaven of Hindus.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਨਿ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਪਛਾਤਾ ॥

कहु नानक जिनि हुकमु पछाता ॥

Kaho Nānak jin hukam pacẖẖāṯā.

Says Nanak, he who realises God's will,

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕਾ ਤਿਨਿ ਭੇਦੁ ਜਾਤਾ ॥੫॥੯॥

प्रभ साहिब का तिनि भेदु जाता ॥५॥९॥

Parabẖ sāhib kā ṯin bẖeḏ jāṯā. ||5||9||

knows the secret of the Lord Master.

SGGS Ang 885

?? Dhan Guru Arjan Dev ji

A question of attitude and making the best out of it:

Once Wealth And Poverty Approached A Merchant And Introduced Themselves As Goddesses.

The Merchant Offered His Salutations To Both Of Them And Said: "

May I Know What Brings You To My Humble Tenement?"

The Goddess Of Wealth Said: "We Want You To Judge And Tell Us As To Who Is More Beautiful Between Us Two?"

The Merchant Was In A Fix.

He Knew He Was Between The Devil And The Deep Sea.

If He Were To Declare Wealth As More Beautiful Than Poverty, Poverty Would Curse Him.

If He Were To Declare Poverty As More Beautiful, Than Wealth, Would Forsake Him.

However, He Regained His Composure And Said: "I Have Great Respect For You Both.

Would You Please Act According To My Instructions?

Then Only I Can Judge Properly."

The Goddesses Agreed.

He Said: "Mother Wealth, Would You Please Go To The Entrance (gates) And Walk Into The House?

Mother, Poverty! Would You Please Walk From Here Towards The Gates?

I Can Have A Good Look At You Both, From Near And Far."

The Two Goddesses Did Walk As The Merchant Wished Them To.

Then The Merchant Happily Declared: "

Mother Wealth! You Appear Very Beautiful When You Enter The House.

Mother Poverty! You Look Very Beautiful When You Leave The House!"

The Goddesses Appreciated The Wit And Wisdom Of The Merchant.

The Goddess Of Wealth Happily Stayed In His House

While The Goddess Of Poverty Cheerfully Walked Away.

In a similar way, sometimes we are put into tests at the least expected moments, then too we should not loose our balance and handle the situation in a gracious manner as seen above.

That is so true! But if those people are happy, so be it if they are not harming anyone :)

It reminds me of a line in Sri Vishnu Sahasranama, Srimata Parvati ji asks Sri Shiva ji "how to impress or say the Sri Vishnu Sahasranam easily", and Sri Shiva ji said: "Sree Rama Rameti Rame Rame Manorame Sahsranaama Tathulyam Rama Nama Varaanane", which means that Narayan is impressed by the jaap of 'Raam'. So even the Gods know, that jaap is the answer.

Pen Jee,

this example above of Srimatee Parvati and Shiv Jee, is quite clear, that these gods and the rest of them have absolutely nothing to do with Wahiguru.

You see they have genders, which means still very much in the mayavee realms.

On the other hand, thanks to Gurmat, we know that, that Supreme Being is only One and formless : Sach Khand vaseh Nirankar.

There, there are no such conversations, between Wahiguru and His hypotetical wives, souls or Guru Sahibans...

Why?

Because there, He alone exists. This is the eternal and changeless Truth.

If we believe that Supreme being is One, how come, that Being has wife, children as Ganesha and Kartik, then they got married and had a prole of children...and so on

Or he has a trishul as a weapon, then drums, moon on his head , snakes around his neck, sits on a tiger skin, has a bull as his chariot...and the list can go on, not only with him, but as well as with the other superior and lesser gods ....

In conclusion, there is a huge variety of personalities from Baikunth downwards, and on the other side, in sikhee, there is only one Wahiguru....not only that, but whosoever reaches there, leaves far behind his mayavee coverings, to merge and become one with Akal Purukh.

Is not that wonderful and fascinating by itself?

Without any differences of genders, forms, colors, sizes, animals around, planets...nothing of that sort.

I am afraid, many may be thinking, oh so boring, only Wahiguru, Wahiguru and Wahiguru, no me, no my freinds, no ancestors, no this, not that..... maybe that is why the weaker in mind and faith run after the lesser entities with forms and colors, as they get fascinated by all that paraphernalia, or the sizziling maya

If this was the case, it is a real pity, we have not understood sikhee at all.

That is why, the Bani tells us and assures us: Ekas bin sabh dandh hae.

The Supreme Wahiguru is the fountain and source of all wisdom and bliss.

Such is His state, that the Bani says, when there was nothing, He was absorbed in Himself, in the Shabad Dhun state.

So sangat jee, do not worry, the fears and doubts we have in our minds is all braham, on the contrary we have nothing to loose by merging ourselves in Wahiguru, we microscopic minuscule drops, will become the Infinite Satnam Samundar, that is His wadeeayee, His unconditional love for us moorakhs.

Sat Sree Akal.

Paji, there is something telling me that they may have a little to do with Sri Vaheguru ji.. I know this may sound wrong,

No you are not wrong at all.

but how else do they exist if they have nothing to do with God?

They just exist in the same way just as you, me or any members here exist... I mean to say, they too are away from Wahiguru in the mayavee creation just as we are.With the difference that we are lucky, by being in a human form, as we can with the Gurparsad reach Him.

But, for them I feel sorry and pity, they are playing a role assigned to them by Kal Purukh, to keep the souls entangled in the mayavee creation, so no soul goes free from it.

They are here to only make us so much busy with variety, that we may never even in dreams think of Wahiguru, so that we may never even think of returning back to our Nijh Ghar Sach Khand.

And the worst thing is, they are not consciouss of them playing this role, they are unaware of their role.

They too, if ever they will ever get mukti, it has to be as same as for us, they have to be reborn as human beings, come under the shelter of a Gurmukh, take the jugtee of Naam Simran ansd cut their bonds with this mayavee creation.

They can be seen as expansions who are here as protectors of dharam in this sansar. The way I kind of see it is that we focus to meditate on the origonal form of Sri Vaheguru ji which is nirankar aka the form that has no body for birth and death (& thus what we keep dhyan on is what we become)..

They are just administartors to an extent, if we make friendship with them and get attached to them, we shall remain prisoners here, and our objective, our aim, is none other than our heavenly Father Wahiguru alone, none else.

Is my thought understandable?

Of course I do understand you, but do you understand what I have been trying to explain you all these months back, and that is : Ekas(Wahiguru) bin sabh dand hae, sabh koor, sabh mithiyaa, moh maya.

When it is said that Sri Vaheguru has no rishtidars, it seems to be because of advaita vedanta, meaning there is only God, and everything we see is God in this play of sansar..

That is just theory. Because He is right within us, and if we don not see Him within us, how come can we see Him without, which is all perishable....

Rishtedaars are possible when you have any of the triloki bodies, that is for us jeevas as well as the gods, devtas, or demons also, but beyond Braham, there is no form , only Shabad Dhun, and that is the only unique real form of Wahiguru.

Variety of any form is Maya.

The thing is we see everything, but not Him, that is the problem.

Only when we do His Simran alone perefctly, then we shall have His darshan within, and then only, will we able to see Him everywhere and in everyone, till then, we are fooling ourselves with maya...

He sent us to the fair of the world to enjoy and and return back, but we are so absorbed with the play of the juglars, of the clowns, of the magicians, different shows in this huge circus, that we have forgotten our true identity, our origin, that ourTrue Father is awating us with His arms wide open.

He comes as a Gurmukh, calls our attention by singing His Glory through the Bani, but alas, we have made friends with the strangers and we do not pay heed to His words, so we are misearble in the cycle of births and deaths.

Sat Sree Akal.

You Are ...

You Are Strong...
When You Take Your Grief
And Teach It To Smile.

You Are Brave...

When You Overcome Your Fear

And Help Others To Do The Same.

You Are Happy...
When You See A Flower

And Are Thankful For The Blessing.

You Are Loving...
When Your Own Pain Does Not

Blind You To The Pain Of Others.

You Are Wise...
When You Know The
Limits Of Your Wisdom.

You Are Truthful...
When You Admit There
Are Times You Fool Yourself.

You Are Alive...
When Tomorrow's Hope
Means More To You Than Yesterday's Mistake.

You Are Growing...
When You Know What You Are
But Not What You Will Become.

You Are Free...
When You Are In Control Of Your
Life And Do Not Wish To Control Others.

You Are Honorable...
When You Find Your Honor
Is To Honor Others.

You Are Generous...
When You Can Take As
Sweetly As You Can Give.

You Are Humble...
When You Do Not Know
How Humble You Are.

You Are Thoughtful...
When You See Me Just As

I am And Treat Me Just As You Are.

You Are Merciful...
When You Forgive In Others

The Faults You Condemn In Yourself.

You Are Beautiful...
When You Don't Need
A Mirror To Tell You.

You Are Rich...
When You Never Need
More Than What You Have.

You Are You...

When You Are At Peace

And that is only possible

by cultivating the virtues mentioned above,

and staying at the Lotus Feet of Wahiguru,

through His hukum.

Usual New Year greetings...

"Usually we do we greet one another by wishing each other a very happy New year ".

But, " happiness is a state of mind at a given moment in our lives.

We start the year by saying hope the next year is better than this one and wish each other a better year to come, thus we are inviting negativity into our minds by saying so.

The Lord has given us much more than we need, but since we do not have the sense of gratitude, we are not truly grateful for all the blessings the Lord has given us and will continue to give us.

Unfortunately humans are the most ungrateful beings, even compared to animals as we are not happy with what we have and are always craving for more.

If we had even a penny of sense of gratitude of what the Lord has given us including a human life, then we should be truly grateful to Him .

The question is are we really happy ?

Or we all going through a turmoil within our selves ?

The answer lies within each and everyone of us.

The Lord has given us the same wealth which he has distributed equally to all through Naam.

But do we make the effort of realising that wealth which He has given everyone one of us, equally including to the mystics?

The difference is they have realised that wealth through mediation, and this realisation of one self will eventually bring about happiness.

It is very important to have a goal in life, just as we have with our work and our goal for the day.

Most of us don't know our purpose in life, and are simply just existing.

This existence with no objectivity, causes us to react to the events of life. This reaction to life causes misery.

When we start realising the need for objectivity in life, and start realising our real goal, and have inner experience, our questions will be answered.

Till then every thing will be a concept, and knowledge can only bring us to the level of a concept, but not bring us happiness.

Once we realise these concepts through the devotion of His Simran, we will be at rest, and the Lord's grace will give us the real happiness, not only for the new year to come, but rather there will be a drastic change in our lives, from manmukhs we will turn out to be Gursikhs.

And this state of our being, by itself it is nothing, but a demonstartion of His unconditional Love and Grace for us.

Sat Sree Akal.