Guru Raam Daas Raakho Sarnaaee

ਹਮ ਅਵਗੁਣਿ ਭਰੇ ਏਕੁ ਗੁਣੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਛਾਡਿ ਬਿਖੈ ਬਿਖੁ ਖਾਈ ॥

हम अवगुणि भरे एकु गुणु नाही अम्रितु छाडि बिखै बिखु खाई ॥

Ham avguṇ bẖare ek guṇ nāhī amriṯ cẖẖād bikẖai bikẖ kẖā▫ī.

I am brimful with sins and have not even a single virtue. Abandoning Nectar, I eat nothing but poison.

ਮਾਯਾ ਮੋਹ ਭਰਮ ਪੈ ਭੂਲੇ ਸੁਤ ਦਾਰਾ ਸਿਉ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ ॥

माया मोह भरम पै भूले सुत दारा सिउ प्रीति लगाई ॥

Mā▫yā moh bẖaram pai bẖūle suṯ ḏārā si▫o parīṯ lagā▫ī.

Falling into love of riches and doubt, I am wandering about and have contracted affection with my sons and wife.

ਇਕੁ ਉਤਮ ਪੰਥੁ ਸੁਨਿਓ ਗੁਰ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਤਿਹ ਮਿਲੰਤ ਜਮ ਤ੍ਰਾਸ ਮਿਟਾਈ ॥

इकु उतम पंथु सुनिओ गुर संगति तिह मिलंत जम त्रास मिटाई ॥

Ik uṯam panth suni▫o gur sangaṯ ṯih milanṯ jam ṯarās mitā▫ī.

I have heard that the Guru's congregation alone is the sublime path, adhering to which, the fear of death is shed.

ਇਕ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ਭਾਟ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਕੀ ਗੁਰ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਸਰਣਾਈ ॥੪॥੫੮॥

इक अरदासि भाट कीरति की गुर रामदास राखहु सरणाई ॥४॥५८॥

Ik arḏās bẖāt kīraṯ kī gur Rāmḏās rākẖo sarṇā▫ī. ||4||58||

Kirat the minstrel, makes a supplication, O Guru Ram Dass, keep thou me ever under thy protection.

SGGS Ang 1406

Bard Kirat

?? Waheguru

Guru Raam Daas Raakho Sarnaaee

ਹਮ ਅਵਗੁਣਿ ਭਰੇ ਏਕੁ ਗੁਣੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਛਾਡਿ ਬਿਖੈ ਬਿਖੁ ਖਾਈ ॥

हम अवगुणि भरे एकु गुणु नाही अम्रितु छाडि बिखै बिखु खाई ॥

Ham avguṇ bẖare ek guṇ nāhī amriṯ cẖẖād bikẖai bikẖ kẖā▫ī.

I am brimful with sins and have not even a single virtue. Abandoning Nectar, I eat nothing but poison.

ਮਾਯਾ ਮੋਹ ਭਰਮ ਪੈ ਭੂਲੇ ਸੁਤ ਦਾਰਾ ਸਿਉ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ ॥

माया मोह भरम पै भूले सुत दारा सिउ प्रीति लगाई ॥

Mā▫yā moh bẖaram pai bẖūle suṯ ḏārā si▫o parīṯ lagā▫ī.

Falling into love of riches and doubt, I am wandering about and have contracted affection with my sons and wife.

ਇਕੁ ਉਤਮ ਪੰਥੁ ਸੁਨਿਓ ਗੁਰ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਤਿਹ ਮਿਲੰਤ ਜਮ ਤ੍ਰਾਸ ਮਿਟਾਈ ॥

इकु उतम पंथु सुनिओ गुर संगति तिह मिलंत जम त्रास मिटाई ॥

Ik uṯam panth suni▫o gur sangaṯ ṯih milanṯ jam ṯarās mitā▫ī.

I have heard that the Guru's congregation alone is the sublime path, adhering to which, the fear of death is shed.

ਇਕ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ਭਾਟ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਕੀ ਗੁਰ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਸਰਣਾਈ ॥੪॥੫੮॥

इक अरदासि भाट कीरति की गुर रामदास राखहु सरणाई ॥४॥५८॥

Ik arḏās bẖāt kīraṯ kī gur Rāmḏās rākẖo sarṇā▫ī. ||4||58||

Kirat the minstrel, makes a supplication, O Guru Ram Dass, keep thou me ever under thy protection.

SGGS Ang 1406

Bard Kirat

Waheguru

Simran Pen Jee,

attee sundar bachans in the post above

Wah wah.

Sat Sree Akal.

HOW TO MEET WAHIGURU?

Raag Dhanaasree, Guru Arjan Dev Maharaj.

ਘਾਲ ਨ ਮਿਲਿਓ ਸੇਵ ਨ ਮਿਲਿਓ ਮਿਲਿਓ ਆਇ ਅਚਿੰਤਾ

Ghaal N Miliou Saev N Miliou Miliou Aae Achinthaa

घाल न मिलिओ सेव न मिलिओ मिलिओ आइ अचिंता

We cannot meet the Lord by our own efforts, nor can we meet Him through service; He comes and meets us spontaneously.

In the line above, Guru Jee is telling us, that Wahiguru can not be realized by any of our efforts, punyas, or karmas .... but by His own will or Mauj.

ਜਾ ਕਉ ਦਇਆ ਕਰੀ ਮੇਰੈ ਠਾਕੁਰਿ ਤਿਨਿ ਗੁਰਹਿ ਕਮਾਨੋ ਮੰਤਾ

Jaa Ko Dhaeiaa Karee Maerai Thaakur Thin Gurehi Kamaano Manthaa

जा कउ दइआ करी मेरै ठाकुरि तिनि गुरहि कमानो मंता

One who is blessed by my Lord Master's Grace, practices the Teachings of the Guru's Mantra.

And in this line above, He is telling us, that no matter whatsoever we may do as per our own manmat, means outer practices; but, that we have to do His dhyan and still our minds, with the kamaee of the jap of Gurmantra.

So we can see, whether First Patshahee in the begining of the Jap Ji Sahib, or Fifth Patshaee, here in Raag Dhanasree, or we may take any Gurmukh or Guru Sahiban, all shall always share the same universal Truths with us humans, no matter where or when they are born, but their message for us mankind, shall always be the same, as Wahiguru is only one, whether some believe it or not, but is is always: Ik Oankar, Satnam.

Sat Sree Akal.

Paap Kamaavdayaa Thayraa Koay Naa Baylee Raam

O sinner, none is a friend of thine.

ਬਿਹਾਗੜਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਛੰਤ ॥

बिहागड़ा महला ५ छंत ॥

Bihāgaṛā mėhlā 5 cẖẖanṯ.

Bihagra 5th Guru. Chhant.

ਅਨ ਕਾਏ ਰਾਤੜਿਆ ਵਾਟ ਦੁਹੇਲੀ ਰਾਮ ॥

अन काए रातड़िआ वाट दुहेली राम ॥

An kā▫e rāṯ▫ṛi▫ā vāt ḏuhelī rām.m Why art thou imbued with the love of another? Dangerous is thy path.

ਪਾਪ ਕਮਾਵਦਿਆ ਤੇਰਾ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਬੇਲੀ ਰਾਮ ॥

पाप कमावदिआ तेरा कोइ न बेली राम ॥

Pāp kamāvḏi▫ā ṯerā ko▫e na belī rām.

O sinner, none is a friend of thine.

ਕੋਏ ਨ ਬੇਲੀ ਹੋਇ ਤੇਰਾ ਸਦਾ ਪਛੋਤਾਵਹੇ ॥

कोए न बेली होइ तेरा सदा पछोतावहे ॥

Ko▫e na belī ho▫e ṯerā saḏā pacẖẖoṯāvhe.

No one shall be thy helper and thou shalt ever regret thine deeds.

ਗੁਨ ਗੁਪਾਲ ਨ ਜਪਹਿ ਰਸਨਾ ਫਿਰਿ ਕਦਹੁ ਸੇ ਦਿਹ ਆਵਹੇ ॥

गुन गुपाल न जपहि रसना फिरि कदहु से दिह आवहे ॥

Gun gupāl na jāpėh rasnā fir kaḏahu se ḏih āvhe.

With thy tongue thou utterest not the praises of the world cherisher. When shall these days come again.

ਤਰਵਰ ਵਿਛੁੰਨੇ ਨਹ ਪਾਤ ਜੁੜਤੇ ਜਮ ਮਗਿ ਗਉਨੁ ਇਕੇਲੀ ॥

तरवर विछुंने नह पात जुड़ते जम मगि गउनु इकेली ॥

Ŧarvar vicẖẖune nah pāṯ juṛ▫ṯe jam mag ga▫un ikelī.

The soul leaf separated from the body tree unites not with it again and all alone, it proceeds on the way to death.

ਬਿਨਵੰਤ ਨਾਨਕ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਮ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਸਦਾ ਫਿਰਤ ਦੁਹੇਲੀ ॥੧॥

बिनवंत नानक बिनु नाम हरि के सदा फिरत दुहेली ॥१॥

Binvanṯ Nānak bin nām har ke saḏā firaṯ ḏuhelī. ||1||

Supplicates Nanak, without the Name of God, the soul ever wanders in distress.

SGGS Ang 546

?? Dhan Guru Arjan Dev ji

Waheguru, plz forgive me of my sins ?

• 2 weeks later...

On true worship.

If we do not eat food in the shape of llifless toys, which can not supply us any nutrients to continue being alive.....

How can we think then, that by worshipping lifeless statues, photographs, drawings...etc ..... we can become one with Him?

That is all derivated from brahmanvadee ....

The Bani clearly says: He is within us, we are His living temple, where he is to be worshipped and found.

And He is to be worshipped, not ritually with flowers, lamps, incense or any other outer elements, or even recitations; but only by doing His chintan, His dhyan, His Simran.

First Patshahee, knowing about the huge amount of our manmat, made it clear right from the begining, by simplifying Sikhee for us mugadhs, us moorakhs, us manmukhs, by saying the following words, truly beautiful and full of wisdom for the eternity:

Ik Oankar,

Satgur parsad,

Jap.

There is only one Lord, and He is only realized by His Grace, when we do the jaap of His Naam.

Sat Sree Akal.

Sat Sree Akal

Preet Pen Jee,

I would not like to enter into controversies as I respect all opinions and do not want to hurt anybody, cause I am not any scholar, nor any authority in spirituality, and much less in sikhee.

But as you have asked my opinion, I will answer you at the best of my ability and sincerity.

First of all, I do not take any Krishna, Brahma or Shiva, neither their spouses "devis" as any equal to Wahiguru, nor to any Bhagats, neither to our beloved Guru Sahibans, whom I definetely considere temporal manifestations of Wahiguru Akal Purukh for a limited time being. They came here for a particular purpose, which when done, returned back into the Akhand Jot of Parbraham Wahiguru.

On the other side, Vishnu( Krishna, Ram...), Shiva, Brahma and the devis, devtas are very much in the realms of Maya, of Brahm, in one word, under the jurisdiction of Kal Purukh.

Krishna was an avatar of Vishne Jee. First Patshahee, does not mention Krishna as the origin. But for sure He says right from the begining: Ik Oankar, Satnam.

Satnam is composed of 2 syllables, Sat + Nam.

With these 2 particles Guru Jee refres to that primal God/ Power, as Nam, which is also Sat or Sach, means, it is changeless and everlasting.

You see, the path of Gurmat, of Sikhee, is only about Nam or Shabad, the Conscious Energy, with main virtues such as Truth, Love, Mercy.

Moreover, the Bani says: Jug chaarey Nam outam, Shabad veechar. In all the 4 yugas, the Nam, the Shabad, is the only true permanent reality.

The divine trinity and the lesser gods, have ar ole to play in the creation by keeping it in motion; while the Shabad, the Nam, also manifests itself, but in the forms of Bhagat Jan, Sadh Janas, Guru Sahibans, with the sole objective to sing the Apaar mahima of Nam or Shabad, in order to redeem us human from the wheel of 84, which is impossible otherwise.

This is the main difference between sikhee and any other religions.

While, the former take the jeevas up to Swarg, Baikunth or Shivpuri at most, but still very much in the wheel of births and deaths, by engaing the jeevas into puter practices....

While Gurmat takes us, direct into the lap of Wahiguru Akal Purukh, thus free us for once and forever from Maya and Kal Purukh, with the jugtee of Nam Simran alone.

The path of gods is a path which keeps us prisoners in the creation, while the path of Guru Sahibans, is the path of Nam alone, about which the gods and godesses never mention even a word, because they know nothing about it, it is simply out of their reach ..... Being Wahiguru, much much much higher and farther than any of them or even all together ...

First Patsahahee tells us in the Jap Ji Sahib :

ਆਖਹਿ ਬਰਮੇ ਆਖਹਿ ਇੰਦ ॥

Aakhehi Baramae Aakhehi Eindh ||

आखहि बरमे आखहि इंद ॥

Brahma speaks, Indra speaks.

ਆਖਹਿ ਗੋਪੀ ਤੈ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ॥

Aakhehi Gopee Thai Govindh ||

आखहि गोपी तै गोविंद ॥

The Gopis and Krishna speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਈਸਰ ਆਖਹਿ ਸਿਧ ॥

Aakhehi Eesar Aakhehi Sidhh ||

आखहि ईसर आखहि सिध ॥

Shiva speaks, the Siddhas speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਕੇਤੇ ਕੀਤੇ ਬੁਧ ॥

Aakhehi Kaethae Keethae Budhh ||

आखहि केते कीते बुध ॥

The many created Buddhas speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਦਾਨਵ ਆਖਹਿ ਦੇਵ ॥

Aakhehi Dhaanav Aakhehi Dhaev ||

आखहि दानव आखहि देव ॥

The demons speak, the demi-gods speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਸੁਰਿ ਨਰ ਮੁਨਿ ਜਨ ਸੇਵ ॥

Aakhehi Sur Nar Mun Jan Saev ||

आखहि सुरि नर मुनि जन सेव ॥

The spiritual warriors, the heavenly beings, the silent sages, the humble and serviceful speak.

ਕੇਤੇ ਆਖਹਿ ਆਖਣਿ ਪਾਹਿ ॥

Kaethae Aakhehi Aakhan Paahi ||

केते आखहि आखणि पाहि ॥

Many speak and try to describe Him.

ਕੇਤੇ ਕਹਿ ਕਹਿ ਉਠਿ ਉਠਿ ਜਾਹਿ ॥

Kaethae Kehi Kehi Outh Outh Jaahi ||

केते कहि कहि उठि उठि जाहि ॥

Many have spoken of Him over and over again, and have then arisen and departed.

ਏਤੇ ਕੀਤੇ ਹੋਰਿ ਕਰੇਹਿ ॥

Eaethae Keethae Hor Karaehi ||

एते कीते होरि करेहि ॥

If He were to create as many again as there already are,

ਤਾ ਆਖਿ ਨ ਸਕਹਿ ਕੇਈ ਕੇਇ ॥

Thaa Aakh N Sakehi Kaeee Kaee ||

ता आखि न सकहि केई केइ ॥

Even then, they could not describe Him.

Wahiguru Akal Purukh, is just far superior and majestic ..... beyond any description.

Wah wah Sachay Patshah.

Asee Khathay Bahuth Kamaavday Anth Naa Paaraavaar

ਅਸੀ ਖਤੇ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਕਮਾਵਦੇ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਰਾਵਾਰੁ ॥

असी खते बहुतु कमावदे अंतु न पारावारु ॥

Asī kẖaṯe bahuṯ kamāvḏe anṯ na pārāvār.

I commit many sins, O Lord, of which there is no limit and end.

ਹਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਿ ਕੈ ਬਖਸਿ ਲੈਹੁ ਹਉ ਪਾਪੀ ਵਡ ਗੁਨਹਗਾਰੁ ॥

हरि किरपा करि कै बखसि लैहु हउ पापी वड गुनहगारु ॥

Har kirpā kar kai bakẖas laihu ha▫o pāpī vad gunahgār.

O God, mercifully pardon Thou me, I am a sinner and a great offender.

ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਲੇਖੈ ਵਾਰ ਨ ਆਵਈ ਤੂੰ ਬਖਸਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਹਾਰੁ ॥

हरि जीउ लेखै वार न आवई तूं बखसि मिलावणहारु ॥

Har jī▫o lekẖai vār na āvī ṯūʼn bakẖas milāvaṇhār.

My reverend God! If Thou reckon my misdeeds, then, my turn to be pardoned may not come. Forgiving me, unite Thou me with Thyself.

ਗੁਰ ਤੁਠੈ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਮੇਲਿਆ ਸਭ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਕਟਿ ਵਿਕਾਰ ॥

गुर तुठै हरि प्रभु मेलिआ सभ किलविख कटि विकार ॥

Gur ṯuṯẖai har parabẖ meli▫ā sabẖ kilvikẖ kat vikār.

Effacing all my sins and transgressions, the Guru, of his own pleasure, has blended me with my God Lord.

ਜਿਨਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਜੈਕਾਰੁ ॥੨੯॥

जिना हरि हरि नामु धिआइआ जन नानक तिन्ह जैकारु ॥२९॥

Jinā har har nām ḏẖi▫ā▫i▫ā jan Nānak ṯinĥ jaikār. ||29||

O Nanak, the slave, hail unto those, who meditate on the Name of their God Lord.

SGGS Ang 1416

?? Dhan Guru Amar Das ji

?? Waheguru plz forgive me of my sins