HAR IKO DAATA SEVIYE, HAR IK DHIAEEYEH

ਪਉੜੀ ॥
pa-orhee.
Pauree:

ਹਰਿ ਇਕੋ ਦਾਤਾ ਸੇਵੀਐ ਹਰਿ ਇਕੁ ਧਿਆਈਐ ॥
har iko daataa sayvee-ai har ik Dhi-aa-ee-ai.
Serve the One Lord, the Great Giver; meditate on the One Lord.

ਹਰਿ ਇਕੋ ਦਾਤਾ ਮੰਗੀਐ ਮਨ ਚਿੰਦਿਆ ਪਾਈਐ ॥
har iko daataa mangee-ai man chindi-aa paa-ee-ai.
Beg from the One Lord, the Great Giver, and you shall obtain your heart's desires.

ਜੇ ਦੂਜੇ ਪਾਸਹੁ ਮੰਗੀਐ ਤਾ ਲਾਜ ਮਰਾਈਐ ॥
jay doojay paashu mangee-ai taa laaj maraa-ee-ai.
But if you beg from another, then you shall be shamed and destroyed.

ਜਿਨਿ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਤਿਨਿ ਫਲੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਤਿਸੁ ਜਨ ਕੀ ਸਭ ਭੁਖ ਗਵਾਈਐ ॥
jin sayvi-aa tin fal paa-i-aa tis jan kee sabh bhukh gavaa-ee-ai.
One who serves the Lord obtains the fruits of his rewards; all of his hunger is satisfied.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤਿਨ ਵਿਟਹੁ ਵਾਰਿਆ ਜਿਨ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਈਐ ॥੧੦॥
naanak tin vitahu vaari-aa jin an-din hirdai har naam Dhi-aa-ee-ai. ||10||
Nanak is a sacrifice to those, who night and day, meditate within their hearts on the Name of the Lord. ||

In this Shabad above sung by the Raagi, Guru Jee is mainly telling us, that if you want to serve, devote or love anybody as the Lord, just meditate on the One Wahiguru alone.

Because if you go on begging from several doors, like gods, godesses, devtas, etc; then you shall pass with shame to the next world.

Why?

Because from others, you can at most get Baikunth, Swarg, Shivpuri or Brahamlok, but there is not Wahiguru, so you just waste away your golden opportunity of the human birth, for the sake of worshhiping those beings which are not more worthy than stones.

On the contrary, if you worship the One True Lord Wahiguru, you fulfill your coming as human, and also quench all your thrist for all mayavee desires, which is the root cause for all our maladies, thus, cut your bonds from the cycle of births and deaths, to only become wholly pure to reach Sach Khand, the realm of utmost Truth and Love, to only merge in Wahiguru Nirankar and become one with Him.

This is the wadeeayee of Wahiguru´s devotion, becoming one with Him.

We must bear in mind, from Wahiguru we shall only get Him. If we expect any other thing than Him, apart from Him, then Nature in form of gods, maya... is eveready there to satsify all our wishes, with the cost of having to pay in being prisoner in the Chaurasee ka Chakar for a very very long time..... Only stupid manmukhs can do so, not His bhagats, not His devotees...not His real sikhs

From Wahiguru, we can only, and only get Him. If He were to give us anything less than Him, than for sure we would be condemmed for ever, nobody could ever help us.

That is why the Bani says: Jevad Aap, tevad Teree daat.

And the fact is, He wants us back with Him, that is why Gurmukhs, Bhagats, Sant Janas, Guru Sahibans come time after time, to remind us of Him, and reconnect us with Him, with the power of Naam and Shabad.

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru ......

Dear Preet Jee,

let me answer some of your queries in the post above.

Sorry for the delay, not that I had forgotten, but I wanted just some time to answer you.

Harsharan000 ji

what were your thoughts on that story of Ajamal in our religion?

Gurbani is very clear, when it says: Sach Khand vasay Nirankar.

Means, He is formless.

Gurmat describes Wahiguru as the highest level of consciouss energy, which is equal to calling that Supreme Power, as Naam or Shabad.

And this power is an inmense ocean of bliss, mercy, and love as its major virtues.

Third Patshahee tells us in Anand Sahib: Naam jinke man vaseeya, vaajeh Shabad ganere. Means, when you are blessed by Him and get Naam pargat within you, you realize as akhoot Light and sweet melodious sound or dhun.

Moreover in Aarti, we listen: Sabh meh Jot, Jot hae soee. Means, He is Light and is present in all jeevas, as a ray of that Light, which we call soul. And this has its logic or makes sense.

Because as energy, analogically, He is Aroop, Alakh, Agam, Anami..... And in Sach Khand, though He is omnipresent, He is there in His full splendour.

So in Baikunth you can see the being Vishnu Jee, in form, with 4 arms, with wife Lakshmi, sitting on Seshanaag on a milk of ocean. This is his real form. And all this does not telly at all with Gurbani.

I will not go deep into why in the Bani Vishnu Jee is mentioned in various ways, with his avatars as Krishna or Rama, but for me it is suffice, to be clear enough that neither Vishnu Jee, nor the hindu trinity, with all the other gods and godesses can ever be subsitutes for the only one reality, Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

To mistake Vishnu or anyone else as equal or equation to Wahiguru, is being in a state of profound stupidity or braham.

No matter if a big part of humanity worships him, but thanks to our Guru Sahibans and Gurmukhs, we know if there is anyone, whom we should offer our love and devotion, that One is Wahiguru alone.

I think he existed before Sikhi, and before Sikhi the name of Narayan was the name of Sri Vishnu which is the same name as God.

So, if they share the same names, I was trying to say that if a Vaishnav worships Sri Vishnu, or any other God with the name of God, the bhakti of naam simran all leads to Paramatman Sri Vaheguru, just as Ajamal named his child Narayan because Sadhus told him to since the Sadhus knew that even repeating Narayan once is recorded as a punya.

Punya is a part of duality, the opposite pair of paap or sin. So repeating Narayan or Vishnu, is still being very much as part and parcel of the mayavee creation.

While repating the Name of Wahiguru, is suffice and the only adecuate Jahaaz, to take us beyond the realms of gods, swargs, Baikunth, Brahmalok, or Shivpuri much much higher ....direct to Sach Khand.

Devotees of Sri Vishnu are highly blessed beings as well and God loves people who worship Sri Vishnu.

Sorry jee, but this a also an misconception widely spread all over.

Why would God love those who worship Vishnu? Because, worshiping Vishnu will take to the realm of Baikunth, and this means away from Wahiguru, away from Sach Khand.

Preet Jee, I admire your love and devotion, but if you allow me to give you an humble suggestion as a brother: give all your heart, mind and soul fully, without any reservations to Wahiguru only.

Because then something beyond any imaginaton will take place with His grace : you will become one with Him.

Not because I say this, but because the pure paviter Bani of our Guru sahibans, says : Jin Har (Wahiguru, Satnam, Ikoankar) japeeya, se Har hoeeya.

Sat Sree akal.

Dear Preet Jee,

let me answer some of your queries in the post above.

Sorry for the delay, not that I had forgotten, but I wanted just some time to answer you.

Totally agree with you Harsharan paji on everything you have wrote here. Nothing is equivalent or higher than, the praises of Waheguru.

I like Sant Singh Maskeen ji's katha :

I just thought I'd add in something here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rh2KzeJJZ0

This explains how the Deva got these names and why worshiping them isn't the same as Worshiping Akaal. To use an analogy posed by Balkaar Bhaji, It's like taking a chocolate bar, taking the wrapper off and throwing away the chocolate and eating the wrapper.

Following is a beautiful prayer or poem of Bhagat Nam Dev :

Always be in rapport with the Lord

And enjoy true contentment

This is the state of ineffable serenity

There is peace, except in the Name of the Lord.

Meditate on it with one pointed attention

Experience the state of superconsciousness

where the Lord´s love surges

And you will see your own form

In each particle of the creation.

O Nama, the Lord will make

The pupil of your eye His home

And your eye will expand

To contain the entire universe.

Sat Sree Akal.

@ Harsharan paji, Wah such beautiful words above, by Bhagat Namdev ji.

? ਏਕੁ ਭਗਤੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਬਸੈ ॥

एकु भगतु मेरे हिरदे बसै ॥

Ėk bẖagaṯ mere hirḏe basai.

The saint alone abides within my mind.

ਨਾਮੇ ਦੇਖਿ ਨਰਾਇਨੁ ਹਸੈ ॥੩॥

नामे देखि नराइनु हसै ॥३॥

Nāme ḏekẖ narā▫in hasai. ||3||

On seeing Nama, the Lord smiled.?

SGGS Ang 1163

Dhan Dhan Bhagat Namdev ji ??

http://youtu.be/qmIoE7QQ5GA

ਨਾਮੇ ਦੇਖਿ ਨਰਾਇਨੁ ਹਸੈ ॥੩॥

नामे देखि नराइनु हसै ॥३॥

Nāme ḏekẖ narā▫in hasai. ||3||

On seeing Nama, the Lord smiled.

SGGS Ang 1163

Dhan Dhan Bhagat Namdev ji

Simran Jee,

Wow, this quotation above is one of the best one I am reading in a long time.

I say so, because now we know through Bhagat Nam Dev and His utter devotion, how to please and make happy our beloved Wahiguru.

The whole world is constantly complaining and blaming Wahiguru, but a true Bhagat, a true Gurmukh, of that avastha, cares only in pleasing Wahiguru.

Sat Sree Akal.

Simran Jee,

Wow, this quotation above is one of the best one I am reading in a long time.

I say so, because now we know through Bhagat Nam Dev and His utter devotion, how to please and make happy our beloved Wahiguru.

The whole world is constantly complaining and blaming Wahiguru, but a true Bhagat, a true Gurmukh, of that avastha, cares only in pleasing Wahiguru.

Sat Sree Akal.

Hanji paji Harsharan, Thank you Ji to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji who have embedded the Bhagats bani within their hirde. Bhagat Namdev Ji had that sharda in Waheguru.

Lovely katha by Bhai Balwinder Singh.

Who is a true devotee of Wahiguru?

Most of us take pride and have a strong feeling that we are devotees of Guru Jee or Wahiguru, as we do this or that, or go and there, or because we are born in a particiular community, and so on........

But Dhan Dhan Satguru Amar Das Maharaj, tells us in Raag Ramkali and in a just few words about who God consideres His real lovers and devotees.

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਏ ਭਗਤੁ ਜਨੁ ਸੋਈ

Har Naam Dhhiaaeae Bhagath Jan Soee

हरि नामु धिआए भगतु जनु सोई

One who meditates on the Lord's Name, is His only humble devotee.

So now let us be sincere with us, and not look around turning away our faces, by asking ourselves, do i do my own manmat, or do I implicitly follow the instructions above mentioned by Third Patshahee?

Bhakti is not difficult at all, it is very simple as Guru Jee very well knows about our weaknesses, but it is we who make difficult Gurmat, by going the other way round; so in the end we achieve nothing and go empty handed from this world, as we wasted our lives after mere shadows or agyanta.

There is still time to amend ourselves and retake the path of Gurmat, which definetely takes us back to Sach Khand at His Lotus Feet.

Sat Sree Akal.