Tom Watson Named Deputy Leader Of Labour Party : Unique Opportunity For Sikhs

JagsawSingh

Are we ready ?

The last 24 hours have handed we Sikhs a unique opportunity to shape the political landscape in our favour against the *bleep* that is India.

Yesterday's news that Sadiq Khan is named as the official Labour Party candidate for Mayor of London was small fry compared to what was announced today. With the Sikhs bestest friend in the whole world; Tom Watson, named as the Deputy Leader of the Labour Party we have been handed a unique opportunity to shape a possible future British government's agenda regarding India.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34223157

Good news.

I'm also glad that Mr Corbyn will be a contender in the next general election. Never voted before, but I think I will next time. He is clearly a man who places principals before the politics of appeasement which the rest of the establishment traffic in.

Considering he isn't even afraid to stand up to America, the most powerful nation in the world, I really doubt that he'd have any qualms about antagonizing a destitute rogue state like India by calling them out on their litany of monstrous genocides.

The poor fella (Corbyn) will be undermined and stabbed in the back by Blairites. Mandelson & Co will be pulling the strings in the shadows to ensure he won't last. Even the Guardian were constantly trying to talk him down when the original surge of support for him became clear. If a newspaper such as the Guardian is closer in politics to the Conservatives than someone who they should ideologically identify with much more strongly, that's all we need to know about the sordid little incestuous pit of scum and villainy that is the modern media. Go to their site now and they're obediently attempting to tow the line in light of his victory, albeit through clenched teeth.

Good luck to him, he speaks sense on a lot of things (I don't agree with all of it, but the basics are a refreshing change), and I hope he does get a fair crack of the whip. I just don't think the electorate are ready for someone like Corbyn, or at least enough of the electorate that could get him into office.

I agree with you guys abour Corbyn. Like Balkaar, I've never voted because I've been so dissillusioned by the system but this man Corbyn stands for something. Finally a man of actual substance. I will vote this time.

Regarding Tom Watson as the deputy leader, this is possibly the greatest opportunity worldwide Sikhs have had in 50 years to actually achieve something. Never have we had a better friend in such a high position. This man will stand up for Sikhs against India with great passion. I think the first step should be to ensure that those 2 hindu punjabis (Sharma and Malhotra in Southall and Hounslow respectively) that were forced upon the local Sikhs, should be de-selected by Labour Party HQ and Sikh candidates put up instead. I'm feeling very very optimistic about the whole thing.

Tom Watson on the Andrew Marr show this morning (13th September):- "there isn't a Sikh in any legislature in the UK representing Labour and we need to change that".

Tom Watson is a force to be reckoned with but he has a job on his hands. Somehow, he'll have to get the rest of the Parliamentary Labour Party (PLP) to rally round and support Corbyn. Jeremy Corbyn - the most rebellious MP in Labour history, who voted against his own party over 500 times since 1983, now expects loyalty from the rest of the PLP - and it is Tom's (and the chief whip's) responsibility to ensure that they do.

Jeremy Corbyn, a reluctant leader, had to be persuaded to join the race in the first instance. What does that say abut his 'readiness' if he had to be persuaded by others to join the race? Since 1983, he has remained on the backbenches, not a single government job. He has no experience of government. I won't mention his overtly friendliness to Hezbollah and Hamas, or his commiserations on the passing away of Bin Laden.

Jeremy Corbyn's most ardent supporter, friend and ally, John McDonnell MP Hayes and Harlington, and an even more closer friend of the Sikhs than Tom Watson, is tipped to be Shadow Chancellor or another high profile role within the PLP.

It's easy to fill town halls, rally's and protest marches. Filling (and retaining) those Labour benches, however, is another matter altogether.

Isn't Tom Watson the same MP who grilled Rupert Murdoch during the News of the World/Phone hacking enquiry?

Yep, and Simon Danczuk was another one who revealed the government child abuse cover ups, and the media and establishment's complicity in keeping it under wraps. Recently, Danczuk's wife left him for her personal trainer, and Murdoch's newspapers revelled in his misfortune on their front pages. Something tells me a few individuals were relishing the opportunity to stick the knife into the fella.

Watson is a marked man IMO. He's made an enemy of News Corp. Aside from that it seems he's the man Labour are using to get the ethnics on side. He was pictured at a Muslim-only gathering with other Labour Party big wigs before the election, schmoozing and massaging their egos in, I suppose, a way of ensuring their votes for Labour were in the bag. Politics being the cynical game it is I wouldn't be too eager to champion him as an inside man for Sikhs. There's ALWAYS an angle when it comes to these big-boy games. A few sweet words and sentiments of encouragement are, sadly, enough to get our lot into a tizzy at times.

Actions speak louder than words. Now he has a bit of power as Labour deputy, it'll be interesting to see if he makes any motions to push the Sikh agenda.

I remember reading on dal khalsa uk fb page, about how sikhs should hope for jeremy corbyn, as he has expressed that sikhs should be entitled to their own homeland n has talked of sikh rights. Jagsaw is right here, with the leader n deputy leader both very sikh friendly n hopefully sikh biased, this could b an extraordinary opportunity here for the kaum. Wat gets me is how white politicians champion/talk more of sikh rights than actual so-called sikh politicians do, yet our dumb ppl, carry on voting in these freshy local mps, who cant even pronounce names of towns n cities properly. I mean 'bolborhamptun'.....? Then u get ppl like nihal who keeps bangin on about how sikhs voted out 'paul uppal, the only sikh mp in parliament' blah blah blah. Lol id rather have NO sikh mp, than have a h@rami 2faced kuttah like him, who STILL cannot admit live on radio n tv that 84-95 period was a state genocide on sikhs.