Question For Gusikhs/gurmukhs

guptsinghji

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fteh|

I have a question for some gursikh brother/sisters. This question has been hitting my mimd for quite some time.

Today while watching videos I came across different sikhs debting on issues like raag mala, meat, dasm granth etc.

Why is it that the sikh panth is so confused about such things and keep debating.

High level Gursikhs from taaksaal would belive in raag maala whereas gursikhs from AKJ would not?

If they have reached a certain level should they not be able to tell what has been writen by Guru ji and what has not?

Guest Jacfsing2

It's because they don't have any real bhagti and just feel the need to argue. A true GurSikh only wishes to spread Gurbani not an agenda, (I'd say there are only a few thousand true GurSikhs in the world and I'm not in that list).

Well its simple one of the groups has to be right, but the way our culture works we do not openly disagree with people we believe to be esteemed gursikhs, also imagine if we come to a agreement that Raag Mala is Bani, the whole Akj movement would slowly fall apart, as if Bhai Randeer was wrong on this what else could be wrong about.

The best way to go about this is to follow Gurmukhs who have reached Nijghar these are true Gurmukhs, by the definition of Gurbani. Not so easy to find, gurbani says there are 1 in a million but the way to know a fake from a true Gurmukh is told with gurbani.

Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee had utmost respect for Bhai Randhir Singh despite very minor differences in rehat.

In Sant Jee's writings and Katha many times you can hear Sant Jee referring to himself as the dust at the feet of those Gurmukhs that keep Rehat and are Guru-Valey.

Below is a poem written by Sant Gurbachan Singh jee on Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh jee in Gurmukh Parkash:

ਦਿੱਹਲੀ ਮੇ ਰਕਾਬ ਗੰਜ ਕੰਧ ਢਾਹੀ ਫਿਰੰਗੀ, ਸਿੰਘ ਸਾਵਧਾਨ ਜਾਗੇ ਸੀਸਾਂ ਤਾਈਂ ਲਾਵਨੇ ।
In Dehli, foreigners (the British) tore down a wall at Gurdwara Sahib Rakab Ganj, the Singhs ( Bhai Sahibs Jatha) became aware of this and were ready to die to protect the Gurdwara Sahib.
ਭਾਈ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਸੀਸ ਦੇਣ ਆਪ ਗਏ, ਕੰਧ ਉਸਰਾਲੀ ਫੇਰ ਮੋਨੀ ਘਬਰਾਵਨੇ ।
Bhai Randhir Singh jee went himself to give his life and protect the Gurdwara Sahib,
ਸੰਤ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਨਾਮੁ ਲਿਵਲਾਈ ਜਿਨਾਂ, ਕੀਰਤਨ ਅਖੰਡ ਕਰੈ ਮਨ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤਾਵਨੇ ।
Sant Randhir Singh jee is a Naam Abhiyaasee Gurmukh, and does Akhand Keertan to his heart's content
ਸਤਰਾਂ ਸਾਲ ਜੇਲ ਕਟੀ ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਬੀਚ ਛਕੈ, ਧੰਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਮਨ ਤਨ ਰੰਗ ਗਾਵਨੇ ।।੭੭ ।।

For 17 years he was imprisoned but still kept a strong Sarbloh Pehra, Great and Blessed are those beloved Gumukhs that are physically and mentally imbued with the love of Akaal Purakh.

The ones that have nothing better to do argue over minute and frankly unimportant points in the grand scheme of things. The majority of Singh's in India do not discuss this nonsense, it was the hot headed youth in the West that stoked these subjects all over the forums and in little groups in Gurdwarey, with no end result and nothing to show for it. Empty vessels they say make the loudest noises.

Ignore and continue with main principles of Sikhi and you'll be fine. I can say all this as I used to have blinkered thinking in the past as well, but that was haumai getting in the way. Get on with everyone and take all the positive elements but no need to disrespect other Singhs or their rehat.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fteh|

I have a question for some gursikh brother/sisters. This question has been hitting my mimd for quite some time.

Today while watching videos I came across different sikhs debting on issues like raag mala, meat, dasm granth etc.

Why is it that the sikh panth is so confused about such things and keep debating.

High level Gursikhs from taaksaal would belive in raag maala whereas gursikhs from AKJ would not?

If they have reached a certain level should they not be able to tell what has been writen by Guru ji and what has not?

Brother,

in my opinion, it is because most of our community is busy in setting and following rules and trying to establish some type of politics; rather than read /listen understand and follow Gurbani.

This means, we are more worried of the worldly aspects, than the spiritual aspects of Gurmat, thus it reflects in our daily living beings.

Mind and maya are very strong, they just wait for us to make ourselves weaker by not following Gurmat implicitly, then they bounce upon us, just like lions and jackals would mercilessly attack deers for example ...

And what are their these attacks ?

First of all agyanta, then being robbed by the 5 vikaars.

If we had taken shelter in Gurmat, that would have been in our favour and protection, just as the Lakshman rekha with Sita.

Then forget mind or maya but even Kal Purukh would not dare come near that sikh.

That is the mahima of Wahiguru and His Naam.

Sat Sree Akal.

Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee had utmost respect for Bhai Randhir Singh despite very minor differences in rehat.

In Sant Jee's writings and Katha many times you can hear Sant Jee referring to himself as the dust at the feet of those Gurmukhs that keep Rehat and are Guru-Valey.

Below is a poem written by Sant Gurbachan Singh jee on Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh jee in Gurmukh Parkash:

ਦਿੱਹਲੀ ਮੇ ਰਕਾਬ ਗੰਜ ਕੰਧ ਢਾਹੀ ਫਿਰੰਗੀ, ਸਿੰਘ ਸਾਵਧਾਨ ਜਾਗੇ ਸੀਸਾਂ ਤਾਈਂ ਲਾਵਨੇ ।

In Dehli, foreigners (the British) tore down a wall at Gurdwara Sahib Rakab Ganj, the Singhs ( Bhai Sahibs Jatha) became aware of this and were ready to die to protect the Gurdwara Sahib.

ਭਾਈ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਸੀਸ ਦੇਣ ਆਪ ਗਏ, ਕੰਧ ਉਸਰਾਲੀ ਫੇਰ ਮੋਨੀ ਘਬਰਾਵਨੇ ।

Bhai Randhir Singh jee went himself to give his life and protect the Gurdwara Sahib,

ਸੰਤ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਨਾਮੁ ਲਿਵਲਾਈ ਜਿਨਾਂ, ਕੀਰਤਨ ਅਖੰਡ ਕਰੈ ਮਨ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤਾਵਨੇ ।

Sant Randhir Singh jee is a Naam Abhiyaasee Gurmukh, and does Akhand Keertan to his heart's content

ਸਤਰਾਂ ਸਾਲ ਜੇਲ ਕਟੀ ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਬੀਚ ਛਕੈ, ਧੰਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਮਨ ਤਨ ਰੰਗ ਗਾਵਨੇ ।।੭੭ ।।

For 17 years he was imprisoned but still kept a strong Sarbloh Pehra, Great and Blessed are those beloved Gumukhs that are physically and mentally imbued with the love of Akaal Purakh.

The ones that have nothing better to do argue over minute and frankly unimportant points in the grand scheme of things. The majority of Singh's in India do not discuss this nonsense, it was the hot headed youth in the West that stoked these subjects all over the forums and in little groups in Gurdwarey, with no end result and nothing to show for it. Empty vessels they say make the loudest noises.

Ignore and continue with main principles of Sikhi and you'll be fine. I can say all this as I used to have blinkered thinking in the past as well, but that was haumai getting in the way. Get on with everyone and take all the positive elements but no need to disrespect other Singhs or their rehat.

Sorry to say baji but your own argument has flaws in it, it wasnt these so called youngsters who started any controversy or were challenging what is and is not gurbani it was Bhai Randeer singh jee.

Im in no way bashing any group, akj or other, just when looking at facts and statement there is a right and wrong answer, There is no dualism in Gurbani

Sorry to say baji but your own argument has flaws in it, it wasnt these so called youngsters who started any controversy or were challenging what is and is not gurbani it was Bhai Randeer singh jee.

Im in no way bashing any group, akj or other, just when looking at facts and statement there is a right and wrong answer, There is no dualism in Gurbani

What is this controversy that impacts your personal rehat? I firmly believe in Raag Mala, but that's not to say I'm 100% right or the Jatha is, in not believing in it. We need to remove ourselves from these piddly arguments to progress and stand on one platform, the starting point is to believe in the Panthic Rehat Maryada.