Kirpan Level

Guest Turban girl

Guest Turban girl

Hi so I have a question. Where is the Kirpan handle supposed to end - is it supposed to sit at your hip joint? Or is it supposed to be at waist line? Is it the end of the handle people look at or the end of the Kirpan point? Either way what is the correct length?

Also can I wrap it on a belt? Or can I use a belt as a kamaar kass? Thanks

Your Kirpan should be anywhere on your waist. However it shouldnt be dangling down, when you run it shouldn't bounce to far from your body . If you have the adjustable gatra, you should tighten it to a spot where it is easiest for you to reach. Personally, I think it's better to keep the Kirpan on a gatra, because the you will forget where you kept it. If you are talking about those police style utility belts , then maybe we should give it a try and see if it has any problems. Otherwise if you are using a normal belt for trousers/pants , then I don't think it would stay there and it might keep falling out. This might only work with modern style combat knives like a K-BAR or something.

• 2 weeks later...

VJKK VJKF

Find what fits best for you. Just make sure it is secure to your body (wont fall out , wont fling around, etc.) and you can draw it easily.

I find its best diectly on the wastline and a towards the inside of my hip. I usually wear a regular gatra with the kirpaan tucked into my pants with the handle sticking out so i can draw it while the case stays secure.

VJKK VJKF

VJKK VJKF

Find what fits best for you. Just make sure it is secure to your body (wont fall out , wont fling around, etc.) and you can draw it easily.

I find its best diectly on the wastline and a towards the inside of my hip. I usually wear a regular gatra with the kirpaan tucked into my pants with the handle sticking out so i can draw it while the case stays secure.

VJKK VJKF

This is what I do.