Are We Actually Making A Difference?

Big_Tera

I have seen many threads and posts on here that have been very good. Alot of points posters have made are very informative and accurate about Sikh issues.

Even though many make very good points and are very right in their posts and threads. Does all this actually make a difference in the real world?

I mean is anyone going to take notice of threads or posts on here.

You can make make thousands of great posts and threads but it will not make the slightest bit of difference. ie in how Gurdwaras are run or other Sikh related matters.

So what can Sikhs do in practical terms that will actually make a real difference on the street level.

good question Big tera.

Over the years, we have had proof that that the media (especially the BBC) have used the negative things we have said here on this forum as ammunition. They have even quoted us as such. Thus they have been defeating us with the sharpest sword of all : Words.

Now, although I can't say for certain the positive things we say will be used and noticed by them and, after all, the media by nature look for juicy negatve points...and they haven't up until now......we have to at least be of the opinion and the mindset that we should always arm ourselves with the greatest and sharpest of arguments.

I have seen many threads and posts on here that have been very good. Alot of points posters have made are very informative and accurate about Sikh issues.

Even though many make very good points and are very right in their posts and threads. Does all this actually make a difference in the real world?

I mean is anyone going to take notice of threads or posts on here.

You can make make thousands of great posts and threads but it will not make the slightest bit of difference. ie in how Gurdwaras are run or other Sikh related matters.

So what can Sikhs do in practical terms that will actually make a real difference on the street level.

This is a discussion forum where we come to learn from others.

Admin Note: JSinghnz, if you have any personal grudge, please take it elsewhere and benti not to ruin good threads like this.

Big_tera ji it does make a difference to real world as we are living in real world and real people not robots read from here. We are learning from each other, which many many people read as guests if not as members.

This is one form of platform where people, including me can read others views and knowledge and understand what Sikhi is, and not have to wonder what is right or wrong as we are able to make our decision of understand ourselves based on knowledge and experiences of others.

I think you would be surprised as to who reads posts on here, a wide diversity have access to the Internet, and only with media one is able to get their points across for awareness. Thus awareness has an impact on people's thinking, which unlike others that confuse, or lead people in wrong direction, as they don't have a platform like this to learn from ji.

That is all well and good. but im sure more can be done on a practical level as well which will make more of a difference then words on a forum.

That is all well and good. but im sure more can be done on a practical level as well which will make more of a difference then words on a forum.

sorry im not sure i get you.

I am asking what can be done more hands on. Im not sure im with you.

Well it's made a difference to me, and I'm sure to many others lives too. If the awareness and knowledge is not there, think about it how do you think one can put it into practice if the words are not there? One takes those words, reads and applies it to their lives to better themselves and so others can learn from them, reflecting upon others lives thus having the understanding of Sikhi which motivates people to take part in Sikhi events, creating awareness. One can try to walk on the path of truth.

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=3&english=t&id=73#l73

Gurbani is not mere words, Bani Guru, Guru hai Bani

Well it's made a difference to me, and I'm sure to many others lives too. If the awareness and knowledge is not there, think about it how do you think one can put it into practice if the words are not there? One takes those words, reads and applies it to their lives to better themselves and so others can learn from them, reflecting upon others lives thus having the understanding of Sikhi which motivates people to take part in Sikhi events, creating awareness. One can try to walk on the path of truth.

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=3&english=t&id=73#l73

Gurbani is not mere words, Bani Guru, Guru hai Bani

Simran Im not talking about words which help individual members with their life. I am more talking about larger issues such as how Gurdwaras are run, the state of Sikhs in the UK ect. Many add their 2 pence worth in and write big essays moan about the state of Sikhs ect then just don't do anything on a practical level.

Instead of saying so and so is bad or this and that is wrong. That is not going to make a real difference to change it. ie.

I am not saying writing good things is completely bad but actions speak louder then words. we need to up the bar a little.