United States 2016 Presidential Candidates (Politics)

Really don't understand why any of you are getting excited about stupidly ignorant and shallow candidates becoming the leader of the stupidest ignorant shallow nation on earth. It doesn't matter who wins. They're all the same. It's international politics will remain it's same stupid self.

I shouldn't need to spell it out but my mentioning of Nikki Hayley and Bobby Jindal was meant as a reflection to the plethora of threads we had here a few months ago about the lack of any Punjabi politicians in the UK. Now I as a Sikh know that Canada has a few but lets be honest here, Canada is Canada. It doesn't get a mention on the important world political stage.

So, on this thread about Presidential candidates for the most important political job on earth: Lets ask ourselves this: Zero MPs for us in the UK as Punjabis while America has 2 running as candidates receiving massive media attention.

The question then is: Does a Sikh (Gurvinder) need to convert to Christianity and call himself Greg if he wants to be elected ?

So, on this thread about Presidential candidates for the most important political job on earth: Lets ask ourselves this: Zero MPs for us in the UK as Punjabis while America has 2 running as candidates receiving massive media attention.

The question then is: Does a Sikh (Gurvinder) need to convert to Christianity and call himself Greg if he wants to be elected ?

If it was a SIKH , that would be a different story. But I still wouldn't vote for someone just because they are of my religion, or ethnicity.

You have to keep their policies in mind .

Yeah its kinda really difficult if you are a muslim. And since a lot of ignorant people in america still think we are muslims, then theres a problem for us too.

(For some reason, it is impossible to get elected if you do not support Israel.)

Who watched the First Republican Debate last night?

My new favorites: Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina. I thought about Bernie Sanders, but he is for gun restrictions, and for abortion. Hillary is an <banned word filter activated> and a proven liar about Benghazi, the Email Scandal, etc. Plus her husband was Bill Clinton who screwed up America, as well as committed adultery while in the White House. Donald Trump is a <banned word filter activated> and an egoist. He is unpresidential without integrity.

Donald Trump refused to pledge support to the future GOP nominee and not to run as independent.

I don't know what kind of black magic Trump did on Americans, because he is leading all of the polls, and even if you go to twitter there are thousands of people chanting his name and worshipping him calling him the saviour. Rand Paul seems like the best candidate who would make an excellent president for the country. He is awesome at giving speeches along with his policies. Unfortunately, it seems he is going down in the polls

Let me ask you, how do you know that the baby really needed to be fed at that very moment? Were you there to confirm it? How do you know if the lawyer did not purposely ask for a medical break claiming to wanting to feed her baby despite not really needing to, in order to create sympathy from the judge and jurors? How do you know she did not purposely do this unnecessarily in order create a lengthy trial and a political circus?

The thing is this was during a deposition. There are no judges,jury etc present except for the lawyers and the plaintiffs etc, on top of that she was a new mother. She can't control when her breasts are full of milk. If she didn't feed the child then she would have simply started leaking and how uncomfortable would that have been. If she asked for a break on those ground she should have had one, if they felt she was abusing it have someone monitor and watch her. It's as simple as that.

Trump may have behaved childish by calling it an "easy win" and he "enjoyed it" however you need to see the context in which those statements were made. What you should be asking is why did she not just lose but had to pay costs as well.

But thats just it. If he let something as trivial as this get to him how does he expect to handle the pressures that Presidential duties would involve. World leaders are constantly under attack, by foreign policies and homeland ones. If he let something like that get to him imagine how the big things would blow out.

To be honest, my understanding is at best intermediate. My point is not about politics but about thinking critically instead of blindly accepting false narratives. When you're young you believe in 'good guys' and 'bad guys' and you're the good guy and others are bad. As you grow older you realize there is no real good guy or bad guy, there are always 2 sides to a story and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

You seem to know more than I do.

The thing is this was during a deposition. There are no judges,jury etc present except for the lawyers and the plaintiffs etc, on top of that she was a new mother. She can't control when her breasts are full of milk. If she didn't feed the child then she would have simply started leaking and how uncomfortable would that have been. If she asked for a break on those ground she should have had one, if they felt she was abusing it have someone monitor and watch her. It's as simple as that.

Were you there? Did you examine her breasts yourself to confirm her breasts were full of milk? How do you know she did not already go earlier?

But thats just it. If he let something as trivial as this get to him how does he expect to handle the pressures that Presidential duties would involve. World leaders are constantly under attack, by foreign policies and homeland ones. If he let something like that get to him imagine how the big things would blow out.

Really? Why did she have to pay costs in the end? This is not something trivial. As I've mentioned to you earlier frivolous lawsuits can ruin a persons reputation and livelihood. In the case of Sarah Palin, she it cost her position of Governor. Do you understand what this means?

Lets assume he said this against some world leader, what do you think would happen? World war 3? I'm sorry but world leaders don't go to war over silly words and gaffes. Otherwise we would be having world war 1000000 by now.

Curious, who is your benchmark of a good leader? Lets see how 'noble' your choice is. There are no leaders t o this day that are not without gaffes. I've yet to see one. Speaking well and being polished does not equate a good leader, maybe a good debater and a butler but not leadership.

I coudn't care less about Trump or anybody else. What I find amazing is how someone takes a position on a newspaper article believing every word like it's gospel truth and judge a person's abilities on such shallow means.

Were you there? Did you examine her breasts yourself to confirm her breasts were full of milk? How do you know she did not already go earlier?

Are you for reals? What would you have had her do? sit here and let her leak out during the deposition? She pulled out the pump after they refused to give her the break. What on earth did you expect her to do. If you needed the toilet and couldn't hold it in what would you do?

Really? Why did she have to pay costs in the end? This is not something trivial. As I've mentioned to you earlier frivolous lawsuits can ruin a persons reputation and livelihood. In the case of Sarah Palin, she it cost her position of Governor. Do you understand what this means?

That was the legal fees for the law suit as she lost. How is this not trivial? can you actually compare this to let's say a meeting regarding international affairs for the future of a country? This incident would have hardly bankrupted him as the lawsuit

Lets assume he said this against some world leader, what do you think would happen? World war 3? I'm sorry but world leaders don't go to war over silly words and gaffes. Otherwise we would be having world war 1000000 by now.

certainly not. However it would paint the entire country in a bad light. How would the Chinese feels if he passed a remark about them? or even any other country? the whole point of being a world leader is taking the fire but keeping your cool along side actually have the proper tools to handle and defuse any incident that may occur.

I coudn't care less about Trump or anybody else. What I find amazing is how someone takes a position on a newspaper article believing every word like it's gospel truth and judge a person's abilities on such shallow means.

on such shallow means? I already asserted beforehand that was the only incident I was aware of. I'm probably the prime example of the ignorant masses. Every little thing makes a difference and if he can't keep his cool in the light of something like this how on earth does it make him leadership material? Are you now asserting that we should say what we want in the face of another world leader. Let us assume these rumors are 100% accurate. Would you be happy if your leader went and did something like that to a foreign diplomat. Sure it wouldn't declare war but would likely make things a tad sour between countries.

Anyways I'm gonna stop replying here. You clearly know a tad more than me but I'm far from brainwashed. I'm reading up on various materials including parts from his own website I believe and I'll probably make a valid evaluation on him then.

Curious, who is your benchmark of a good leader? Lets see how 'noble' your choice is. There are no leaders t o this day that are not without gaffes. I've yet to see one. Speaking well and being polished does not equate a good leader, maybe a good debater and a butler but not leadership.

A good leader in my opinion is someone who knows their stuff, is willing to take difficult decisions but at the same time remain calm and keep his temper at all times.

Are you for reals? What would you have had her do? sit here and let her leak out during the deposition? She pulled out the pump after they refused to give her the break. What on earth did you expect her to do. If you needed the toilet and couldn't hold it in what would you do?

Yes, I am. How do you know for sure she really had to go? And not simply prolong this dog and pony show?

That was the legal fees for the law suit as she lost. How is this not trivial? can you actually compare this to let's say a meeting regarding international affairs for the future of a country? This incident would have hardly bankrupted him as the lawsuit

I'm sorry but that is an ignorant statement. Costs is not your own legal fees but the feel of those who you summoned to court. Under English law if I were to sue you and lose, I would have to pay for your legal fees. Under American law, you lose or win, you and I pay for our own legal costs. However in certain exemptions, the judge can rule the losing party to pay legal costs of the winning party. This is why Trump obtaining costs was made such a big deal as more then likely this was a frivolous lawsuit to begin with. it may or may not have bankrupted him however it drag his good name through the mud and that too for a frivolous law suit. This is why Trump was angry. Furthermore, this would be one of many, many more lawsuits to come.

To understand what I mean by frivolous lawsuits to damage ones reputation, check out what's happening to Bill Cosby of late.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_rule_(attorney%27s_fees)

certainly not. However it would paint the entire country in a bad light. How would the Chinese feels if he passed a remark about them? or even any other country? the whole point of being a world leader is taking the fire but keeping your cool along side actually have the proper tools to handle and defuse any incident that may occur.

Nothing would have happened. The Chinese need the US more then the US needs China. Nobody is going to give up billions of dollars worth of trade that favors your country over some stupid remarks made on twitter. I'm sorry but in the real world, it's the dollar signs that has the final say and not someone's bruised ego. If you believe the success of a countries foreign policies are based on a leaders 'niceness' with other leaders, you are very, very naive.

Things don't go 'sour' between nations over comments in twitter. Sorry but that is not how the world works. Recently Indian PM Modhi was denied Visa to the US. This is a real insult to a leader from another nation, far greater then whatever Trump posted on twitter. When PM Modhi finally received his Visa and arrived in the US, there was no official reception from the US and he was ignored. What happened between US and India's relationship? Last time I checked they're still friends.

When Obama became POTUS in his first term, he returned Churchill's bust to the UK. He also gave an Ipod full of his speeches to the Queen of England. The UK retaliated by not inviting the POTUS and family to the royal wedding. The whole world was invited except the POTUS Obama. What happened? Nothing. UK and US still allies.

Chavez called President Obama a clown. Did anything happen? Nope. US and Venezuela are still friends.

When Cameron visited China, they made fun of him in their newspapers claiming Britain is just an island nation. Did anything bad happen? Nope. Still friends.

Want me to provide you more?

BTW, your analogy is poor. The Chinese are not taking Trump to court over some frivolous lawsuit.

on such shallow means? I already asserted beforehand that was the only incident I was aware of. I'm probably the prime example of the ignorant masses. Every little thing makes a difference and if he can't keep his cool in the light of something like this how on earth does it make him leadership material? Are you now asserting that we should say what we want in the face of another world leader. Let us assume these rumors are 100% accurate. Would you be happy if your leader went and did something like that to a foreign diplomat. Sure it wouldn't declare war but would likely make things a tad sour between countries.

OMG, he just made a couple of brash statement on twitter. He didn't exactly go out and beat some people up or shoot up a movie theater. Peoples skins are a lot thicker then what you perceive it to be.

If my leader made such statements? Nope. Like I said, people are not so thin skinned and in the real world it's money that count. What i would look for in a leader is in his ability to lead. I'm not looking for someone who is 'polished' and 'well spoken' like some butler you see in English movies. Sorry, those may be nice traits but those are not the main traits you look for in a leader. At the end of the day Trump won and that makes him a winner and someone who knows what he's doing. Thats what I'm looking for, results and not cheap talk.

So a successful multimillionaire who has patented his last name and has his own reality tv show is not fit for the Oval office because of some brash comments he made on twitter? I'm sorry but thats really shallow.

A good leader in my opinion is someone who knows their stuff, is willing to take difficult decisions but at the same time remain calm and keep his temper at all times.

Give me a name among today's current leaders. Your ideals are lofty. I would like to see who this 'God like' person is. LOL!

PS

How did you ascertain he was 'not calm' and 'lost his temper' over comments made in twitter? 'Calm, temper', these are emotional traits that can only be witnessed through physical acts, eg. shouting. How did you come to the conclusion he lost his temper and calm via twitter comments?