White People And Sikh People

carinder

Waheguru ji khasla waheguru ji fathe

Why is white people always pick on us we havent gone anything wrong to white people we got usa amrican sikh chardi kala jatha but some reasion white people like to pick on sikh why that

i need ur feedback and comment thanks

I hope you'll forgive my saying it, but have you considered that their teasing might proceed from your frankly shoddy way with the English language, rather than any antagonism towards your Sikh roop?

I can honestly say, and perhaps I'm an anomaly in this respect, that the only people who have ever abused me on account of my dastaar and kes were not in fact white, but brown people. Usually Tamils, Hindus and ironically, Muslims, who have the gall to accuse me of looking like Bin-Laden.

I hope you'll forgive my saying it, but have you considered that their teasing might proceed from your frankly shoddy way with the English language, rather than any antagonism to your Sikh roop?

I can honestly say, and perhaps I'm an anomaly in this, that the only people who have ever abused me on account of my dastaar and kes were not in fact white, but brown people. Usually Tamils, Hindus and ironically, Muslims, who have the gall to accuse me of looking like Bin-Laden.

yeh but we all human i think it

Because there was a incident happened on the 9/11 . and some of them think we are terrorist it is because we have the bhaag and dhari

Can you please provide an example or evidence? My experience has extremely good.

i was bullied today in tesco by white man was picking on me because i am a sikh it not right

Because there was a incident happened on the 9/11 . and some of them think we are terrorist it is because we have the bhaag and dhari

i was bullied today in tesco by white man was picking on me because i am a sikh it not right

Good observation. Indeed we are human.

You have tesco in america?! I think you may be in the wrong country...

what did he say?

Lol

Are you based in the UK? Most Englishmen (and almost all Londoners) know that men wearing turbans are probably not Muslim. It is unfortunate that this incident befell you. But do not be fooled into believing that it is the prevailing standard here.

what did he say?

no in uk not in amrican and he said i look like a muslim and that i shouldnt be allowd in the country and that all temple should not i am a sikh i go to gurdwara and i have a right to be in this country

what did he say?

no in uk not in amrican and he said i look like a muslim and that i shouldnt be allowd in the country and that all temple should not i am a sikh i go to gurdwara and i have a right to be in this country

Lol

Are you based in the UK? Most Englishmen (and almost all Londoners) know that men wearing turbans are probably not Muslim.

yep i am based in uk and that is very true

Is that it? What if you were born in India and you were bullied by Hindus? Would you still complain? Toughen up. Grow a thick skin. Fight back or just walk away.

What I would do is find a common ground and make friends.

I've lived with a many, many races and I can tell you white people are usually the nicest people I've met.

Tell me if you'll had the same experience as me ?

Apart from when I was little and at school, the only time white people have ever been racist towards me as a Sikh is when they're passing in a speeding vehicle. To tell the truth, although the times they've shouted something like 'bin laden' its obvious they were being racist but alot of the other times I'm not even sure what they said as their car was speeding by me so fast. I think I hear the word 'beard' but for all I know they could be saying "thats a really impressive beard you have there mate".

Says alot about the psyche and lack of confidence of the white man though. They'll only make these comments when you're on foot as a pedestrian and they're speeding past in a car.

Is it just me or have you all experienced this same phenonema ?