White People And Sikh People

carinder

This is completely unacceptable behaviour. I would write an email to Tesco head office stating both the time and date and name of the worker in the incident. These things are taken very seriously in the work place and racism is not tolerated under various legal acts. A couple of years ago I received bad treatment from a checkout girl at waitrose. I voiced my concerns to the store manager who fobbed me off, so I went home and looked up the email address of waitrose head office and emailed them and put in the name of the store manager and the checkout girl. It was treated very seriously - I attended a panel and gave a statement and they were both put under 'retraining' and it was added onto their employment records. In my opinion there is no place for racist treatment and you need escalate and tell the head office straight away rather than writing on this forum. After this I was treated very well and I got a voucher to do free shopping at waitrose.

Here is the form for tesco - https://www.tescohelp.com/tesco/forms/cs_form.html

Please email them straight away and I am more than happy to help check your email because they would want accurate statements etc. If you have a witness please add that person to the statement. If you want me to check please PM.

Penji I think he was a customer.

Was working in the white part of town had a drunk dude n his wife call me Osama while walking to the bus stop. Lot of white ppl these days know who the Sikhs are and racism isn't really that bad but it's mostly the poor uneducated types who feel like they got something to prove that yell racial insults idc what a junkie has to say about me or my appearance there just mad that they aren't getting anywhere in life and us minorities are making it big

Penji I think he was a customer.

I was a customer too - I was doing my shopping at waitrose and they were racist. As a customer you have rights too and no one in british law is allowed to be racist towards customers. He has every right to file a complaint and I am more than happy to check it and make sure it is a solid case as possible so that the other person is put under watch.

I was a customer too - I was doing my shopping at waitrose and they were racist. As a customer you have rights too and no one in british law is allowed to be racist towards customers. He has every right to file a complaint and I am more than happy to check it and make sure it is a solid case as possible so that the other person is put under watch.

Oh noji penji I meant I think the man that bullied was a customer but carinder ji can clarify that.

Oh noji penji I meant I think the man that bullied was a customer but carinder ji can clarify that.

OK I get you - sorry!

In that case you should have reported him straight away to the police and you get staff in the store to give witness statements.

You probably don't know where he lives so its too late now.

l think what would be best is to get witness statements from the staff now anyways and log them all into the police with a description of the 'shopper' person. Then when he comes around the second time to do his shopping - call the police and they will take him away and question him.

Its important to log this event because he can get away and say it was a one off but if you've logged it before and you log it again they have to ask him and that will be his warning. It can also go onto his police record and depending on his profession onto his professional record too. Please log it!

Guest Jacfsing2

OK I get you - sorry!

In that case you should have reported him straight away to the police and you get staff in the store to give witness statements.

You probably don't know where he lives so its too late now.

l think what would be best is to get witness statements from the staff now anyways and log them all into the police with a description of the 'shopper' person. Then when he comes around the second time to do his shopping - call the police and they will take him away and question him.

Its important to log this event because he can get away and say it was a one off but if you've logged it before and you log it again they have to ask him and that will be his warning. It can also go onto his police record and depending on his profession onto his professional record too. Please log it!

The U.K. seems like a country that really limits free speech, (in America speech is only censored if it may cause violence like hate speech).

The U.K. seems like a country that really limits free speech, (in America speech is only censored if it may cause violence like hate speech).

Racist speech is not allowed under UK law.

There are many times I have set people straight. I never knew how to do it when I was growing up but as a grown professional if anyone tries it on, then they have chosen the wrong person to mess with - I will get them done for.

Some of my friends cannot be bothered due to the amount of time and effort involved and so they will happily ignore it. However, it is important to stand up for yourself because it sends out a strong message. It is only by sending out messages that you will change societies attitudes. Ignoring people doesn't change anything! I see it as my seva in helping other sikhs that they might go onto targeting.

Guest Jacfsing2

Racist speech is not allowed under UK law.

There are many times I have set people straight. I never knew how to do it when I was growing up but as a grown professional if anyone tries it on, then they have chosen the wrong person to mess with - I will get them done for.

Some of my friends cannot be bothered due to the amount of time and effort involved and so they will happily ignore it. However, it is important to stand up for yourself because it sends out a strong message. It is only by sending out messages that you will change societies attitudes. Ignoring people doesn't change anything! I see it as my seva in helping other sikhs that they might go onto targeting.

I just said that the government shouldn't be restricting too much speech, and we shouldn't have to make everything a legal battle. (Again where I'm from it's not restricted unless it causes violence or is "hate speech" which isn't very specific). And second, Sikh is not a race it's a religion or way of life.

I just said that the government shouldn't be restricting too much speech, and we shouldn't have to make everything a legal battle. (Again where I'm from it's not restricted unless it causes violence or is "hate speech" which isn't very specific). And second, Sikh is not a race it's a religion or way of life.

In UK law the Sikhs are considered a race. Here is the court case for that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandla_v_Dowell-Lee

I am not familiar with the USA legal system.