Asexuality... And Saying No To Marriage... Whats Wrong With It?

chanansingh

Hello all,

wjkk wjkf

I am 27 years old and male. I would like to discuss about a new phenomenon/orientation that not a lot of people are aware about.... but is completely natural.

I want to talk about asexuality. Its an orientation where people do not have any sexual desires towards any gender. Some of them masturbate, others dont. Some are romantic but want to stay away from physical relationships. As a matter of fact I found a sikh girl on AVEN forums (Asexuality forums) as well.

Ever since I was in my late teens, I stopped being sexually attracted to women in real world. I am interested in them, but the idea of marriage and/or sex intimidates me.

Especially in India nowadays, feminism and women power is being abused tremendously. Marriage in itself honestly is a business transaction. Men get married coz they want either sex, or hopefully a servant, or a child, or because marriage is a symbol of maturity.

Women want to get married coz log kya kahenge, to get 'freedom', children etc etc.

Girls parents literally 'sell' her daughter to the highest salaried person.

I have not found one woman I can respect in a loving way. Moreover, almost all indians get married and have tons of kids. We are not dinosaurs who will become extinct. I hate my surroundings and how dirty it is. I dont want to bring my child into this depressed corrupt environment.

I was on singhstreetstyle facebook page and made a few comments against 'marriage'. It doesnt mean that I hate married people.

Are there any seekh or quotes that suggest that one should get married as a rule? I couldnt find one.

I am a virgin and want to stay that way. I see almost every 11 year old having 'banda' and 'bandi' and kissing. I just cant imagine being in that state.

I think we should try to at least follow the hukam of leading a grisht jeevan. Clearly, if there are irreversible medical issues or a case of genuine asexuality, then fair enough.

But don't cite celibacy or asexuality just because you don't feel like settling down or facing up to your responsibilities as an adult. Obviously nobody is saying settle for a partner who is completely unsuitable.

Also, don't be one of those devious individuals that claims to want to serve Sikhi by staying unmarried, when in fact you're getting up to all kinds of filth behind closed doors. There's enough of those jokers around to give Sikhi a bad name.

Guest Jacfsing2

It's really Guru's Hukam whether you get married or not, but don't make this about not getting married, but rather not interested in Kaam. If you do have any desire for sex it's best to get married.

There are some Sikhs who get very, very angry when other Sikhs claim they wish to remain unmarried and do seva for the rest of their lives. I'm not kidding, I've heard these individuals say if a Sikh remains unmarried he or she will go to hell or will have to be reborn as a Sikh again in order to get married, even if that Sikh has led an exemplary life as a Gursikh aside from getting married. I always assumed that was the default position on this topic.

Guest Jacfsing2

There are some Sikhs who get very, very angry when other Sikhs claim they wish to remain unmarried and do seva for the rest of their lives. I'm not kidding, I've heard these individuals say if a Sikh remains unmarried he or she will go to hell or will have to be reborn as a Sikh again in order to get married, even if that Sikh has led an exemplary life as a Gursikh aside from getting married. I always assumed that was the default position on this topic.

When one is jealous that someone can do more than them they like to find other ways to bring them down. Guru Harkrishan never married.