• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
singhbj singh

Laughter The Best Medicine

13 posts in this topic

So why is Laughter good for your health ?

Laughter makes you feel good. And the good feeling that you get when you laugh remains with you even after the laughter subsides. Humor helps you keep a positive, optimistic outlook through difficult situations, disappointments, and loss. In fact laughter is so powerfull it has helped people in life threatening situations back to health. Humor changes behavior - when we experience humor we talk more, make more eye contact with others, touch others, etc. Humor increases your get-up-and-go, and with increased vigor we perform activities that we might otherwise avoid. The lack of humor in your life increases distress. so lighten up, count your blessings. Write down all the things you are grateful for. You will be surprised how much it distances you from negative thoughts. Negative thoughts are a roadblock to humor and laughter. and when in a state of unhappiness, we have further to journey to become filled with humor and laughter. Laughter heals the body and mind, laughs and smiles are enjoyed best when shared with others. Laughter encourages better communication. Laughter charges our immune system in which in turn helps us resist disease.

The benefits of laughter

Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.

Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.

Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body's natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.

Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.

Physical Benefits

Boosts immunity

Lowers stress hormones

Decreases pain

Relaxes your muscles

Prevents heart disease

Mental Benefits

Adds joy and zest to life

Eases anxiety and fear

Relieves stress

Improves mood

Enhances resilience

Social Benefits

Strengthens relationships

Attracts others to us

Enhances teamwork

Helps defuse conflict

Promotes group bonding

Humourous Facts.

"Did you know that by having a deep down belly laugh you are giving your body an internal aerobics workout"

3 people like this

The Thief Catcher Machine

Israelis invented a machine that catches thieves;

they took it out to different countries for a test.

In U.S.A, in 30 minutes, it caught 30 thieves;

In UK, in 30 minutes it caught 50 thieves;

In Spain, in 30 minutes it caught 65 thieves;

In Ghana, in 30 minutes it caught 600 thieves;

In India, in 15 minutes the machine was stolen !!!!!!!!!

(with Government connivance.)

1 person likes this

A Joke about Gandhi Jee

Swarg Mein, Gandhiji Chitragupt Se Mile

Tab Gandhiji Ne, Apna Dharti Ke Teen Bandaroh Ka Hal Pucha..

Chitraguptji Bole..Wo Teeno Bade Majame Hai…

Jo Aandha Tha…Wo Kanoon Ban Gaya Hai.

Jo Behra Tha…Wo Sarkar Ban Gaya Hai.

Jo Goonga Tha…Wo Sabse Maast Hai...Aur PM Ban Gaya Hai..!

1 person likes this

A man came home late at night after a party.

His wife yelled:

"How would you feel if you don't see me for two days?"

The man couldn’t believe his luck.

He blurted out: 'That would be great'!

Monday passed and he didn’t see her......

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday passed too.....

On Friday his swelling became better and now he could see her from the corner of one eye. :lol2: :biggrin2:

1 person likes this

ON INDIAN POLITICIANS

While hair cutting, official Barber asked Kapil Sibal: “What’s this Swiss Bank issue?”

Kapil Sibal shouted: “You! Are you cutting my hair or making inquiry?”

Barber: “Sorry Sir, I just asked.”

Next day, while cutting the hair, he asked Chidambaram: “Sir, what’s this Black money issue?”

Chidambaram shouted: “Why did you ask me this question?”

Barber: “Sorry Sir, just asked you.”

Next day, CBI interrogated the Barber, “Are you an agent of Baba Ramdev?”

Barber: “No, Sir.”

CBI: “Are you the agent of Anna?”

Barber: “No, Sir.”

CBI: “Then while cutting the hair, why did you ask Congress Ministers about Swiss Bank and Black money issues?”

Barber: “Sir, I do not know why, but when I ask about Swiss Bank or Black money, Congress Ministers’ hairs stand up straight and that helps me to cut the hair easily. That’s why I keep asking.”

1 person likes this

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMPLETED AND FINISHED

Can any one tell the difference between 'Completed' and 'Finished'? 

No dictionary has ever been able to define the difference between 'Complete' and 'Finished.' 

However, in a linguistic conference, held in London England, Sun Sherman an Indian American, was the clever winner.  

His response was: When you marry the right woman, you are 'Complete.'

If you marry the wrong woman, you are 'Finished.'

And , when the right woman catches you with the wrong woman, you are 'Completely Finished.' 

His answer  received a five minute standing ovation._

2 people like this

SAAS - BAHU

Ek ghar me saas-bahu bahot pyar se rehte the..

ek baar ghar me ek guest aya..

bahu ne saas ko uss guest se baat karte suna..

saas keh rhi thi 'Beti shakkar ki tarah hoti h aur bahu namak ki tarah'..

ye sun kar bahu ko bahot bura laga..

wo udas rehne lagi..

jab saas ko is baat ka pata chala to bahu se kaaran puchha..

bahu ne kaaran bataya.

Tab saas ne hans kar kaha 'uss baat ka matlab he..

beti shakkar ki tarah hoti h jo har haal me mithi lagti h

jabki bahu namak ki tarah hoti h jiska karz nhi chukaya ja sakta
Jinke bina har cheez ka swaad be-swaad ho jaata hai".....

So ALL BAHURANIS CHEER UP ???? YOU ARE THE BEST

Woman has the most unique character like salt. 

Her presence is never remembered but Her absence makes all the things tasteless !

2 people like this

INTELLIGENT ANSWER

Wife: Tell me, who is stupid, you or me?

Husband: (calmly), everyone knows that you are so intelligent,

that you can never marry a stupid person.

:p

1 person likes this

Something on USA elections

Barack Obama and Donald  Trump somehow eded up at the same barber shop.

As they sat there, each being worked by a different barber, not a word was spoken. The barbers were even afarid to start a conversation, for fear it would turn to politics.

As the barbers finished the shaves, the one who had Trump on his chair, reached for the aftershave.

Trump was quick to stop him, saying : No thanks, my wife will smell that, and think I have been in a whorehouse.

The second barber turned to Obama and said, how about you?

Go ahead, my wife does not know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:p

Edited by harsharan000
1 person likes this

Mangement and undermangement

A king had 10 wild dogs.
He used them to torture and kill any minister that misguided him.

A minister once gave an opinion which was wrong and which the king didn’t like at all…
So he ordered that the minister to be thrown to the dogs.

The minister said,
"I served you loyally 10 years and you do this..?

The king was unrelenting.

Minister pleaded"Please give me 10 days before you throw me to the dogs"
The king agreed.

In those 10 days the minister went to the keeper of the dogs and told him he wanted to serve the dogs for the next 10 days…

The guard was baffled…
But he agreed.
So the minister started feeding the dogs, caring for them, washing them, providing all sorts of comfort for them.

So when the 10 days were up…

The king ordered that the minister be thrown to the dogs as sentenced .

When he was thrown in,
everyone was amazed at what they saw..
The dogs were wagging their tails playing with the condemned minister..licking his feet.

The king was baffled at what he saw. ” what happened to the dogs? !!!” He growled.

The minister then said;”
I served the dogs for only 10 days and they didn’t forget my service…
Yet I served you for 10 years and you forgot all at the first mistake!”…

The king realised his mistake

and replaced the dogs? with crocodiles ?!!

Moral : When Management has decided ki tumhaari bajaani hai, toh bajaani hi hai ...that's final..

A man went into the confessional box after years of being away from the church.

Inside he found a fully equipped bar with 'Guinness' on tap.

On one wall, there was a row of decanters with fine Irish Whiskies and Waterford Crystal Glasses ...

On the other wall, a dazzling array of the finest Liqueurs, Cigars and Chocolates.

Then the priest came in. And the man said : "Father, forgive me for it's been a very long time since I've been to confession, but I must first admit that the confessional box is much more inviting than it used to be."

The father replied : "You <banned word filter activated>, you're on my side."

:rofl:pO:)