You really are quite stupid. It's not donated land it's bought by the charity. Go look it up on the land registry. Loans were taken to buy it and every religious school prior to the government changes were required to contribute 10% which amounts to 4 million when looking at the overall cost of the building project over two schools. As for parkash, yes it is a fund raising event similar to what other religious schools do, if you don't want to go then don't but don't talk rubbish without facts. The financial notice was given as the loans were taken out on land which belonged to the dfe by default and this was a breach of the agreement between the dfe and trust. They didn't pick it up until now when all this stuff about faith schools got messy.

This is common knowledge, the parents and wider community support the school and charity so carry on with your ridiculous campaign. It's never made an iota of a difference to the project before and I doubt it ever will.

Just came back from the kirtan, fantastic atmosphere and great for families. Most people, excluding our keyboard warrior friends will continue to attend every year.

Its evidence from a court case. Not dodgy.

Great that you have been to Parkash. On the pretext of teaching kids punjabi (which should be voluntarily done and should be free) how many kids did you see with collection baskets? Why do they need "golak" st the front?

Why do they ask for "collection" -again voluntarily whenever there is a program in school? Why do they have staff with direct debit forms running around asking people to sign-up with specific targets to meet?

Who are they helping- some kids in India and on by showing their pictures they are building their empire? All on donated land and huge donations from abroad by people like mentioned in the case above?

If you don't know the baba then why would you go and attend? This is what most people will do and are filling their coffers.

This is negative and I can tell straight away you are probably someone trying to cause drama on the Internet with too much time on your hands!!

It's up to everyone if they want to donate and attend, it's helping my kids and I have made great friends with other parents from that school who have never spoken so negatively about it! I think you are misinformed because an event so successful and popular can't be as phoney as you suggest or I would have heard these type of comments and views a long time ago or so many people wouldn't keep coming to parkash every year and wanting to enrol their kids at this wonderful school or keep donating!

I am proud to be part of this community and will keep donating if it means improving our faith school and supporting our generations kids! Focus your time on doing good and less time hating on people on the Internet! You will be much happier! :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use