Thanks, however im here for serious conversation. No jokes. Im sure theirs plenty of other forumns where you can exercise your sillyness. Just not on my thread.

I think I'll post what and where I want. Unless you "own" this entire forum nothing is really "yours." I made a humourous (well to me at least) comment and moved on. You brought it up again. You can filter out the silliness and read the sensible suggestions. That's not too hard is it? It's not as if "your" thread was inundated with replies. Now you've gone and made me really want to post silly stuff.

Like this:

ArnieSmile.gif

Thanks for your suggestion.

I am from the uk london and endinburgh has been done.

I was wanting more of sun sea sand with some character and things to see rather than just sitting on the beach.

You're a difficult man to give travel advice to though bigcat13. Ignoring the fact that you don't exactly come across as a humourous fun person so fun activities and places are out of the question your prerequisite of 'sun, sea and sand' pretty much narrows it down to a beach holiday. If you're asking us whether we know of a beach in southern Europe that also houses, on the beach, lots of museums and an historic capital city the answer is no. One does not exist.

Will suggest Amsterdam (Netherlands)

It's a tourist hot spot, lay back & enjoy boat rides across canals. Tour Van gogh, rizk & diamond museums. Check out Tulip Gardens as well. Great place to shop & plenty of vegetarian food available in Centrum.There is a Gurdwara if you wanna have Langar.No racism but avoid Red Light District.

It's a tourist hot spot, lay back & enjoy boat rides across canals. Tour Van gogh, rizk & diamond museums. Check out Tulip Gardens as well. Great place to shop & plenty of vegetarian food available in Centrum.There is a Gurdwara if you wanna have Langar.No racism but avoid Red Light District.

Ignoring the fact that nobody on earth has ever had a holiday in Amsterdam and "ignored the red light district" where are any of his 3 pre-requisites: Sun ? Sea ? and Sand ?

Thankyou kindly for your suggestion. ive done this holiday a few times. And vistited the gurdwareh. driven upto brusselss aswel well recommended.

It all depends on what your mood is. If you're really depressed and want life to end I would highly recommend anywhere in Eastern Europe such as Russia etc. If not, then perhaps Scandinavia.....like a trip to the Norwegian ffords or something ? I've never been myself but would like to one day.

Actually, to tell the truth, I probably don't really want to go. Its just that I've been waiting several years for the opportunity to use the word 'ffords' in a sentence.

I haven't been many places in Europe so am no expert but I think old eastern block countries are a bit backward in their attitudes to the "other" or people who are non white.

Poland springs to mind.

I went to Croatia and the Dalmatian coast and took ferry rides from Island to Island eventually finishing in Dubrovnik which is a pretty amazing town.

Why not go island hopping in Greece?

Ferry rides and nice laid back views of the Med as you cruise along in the sea observing small islands passing by and blue sky above all from the comfort of your deck chair.

Sounds good to me.