Khalistan Movement

Kira

I know a-lot of sikhs here and elsewhere are passionate about this. But I have a couple of questions about it, things that confuse me.

Firstly im assuming that Khalistan is an independent nation for Sikhs, That's all cool and something I would support, but economically and even looking at the state of the world is it possible?

Our global economy isn't all too good right now and im no economist but how would people start a new currency?

Then we have politics and govern-ship. I'll assume that we would want a Sikh leadership but how would politics and religion mix into things. Would keeping them separate be wiser or not?

There's also allies or even potential defense, budget, healthcare. How would we afford all this?

This is mainly aimed at the more wiser supporters of the movement as I'm pretty curious how things would go about.

I know a-lot of sikhs here and elsewhere are passionate about this. But I have a couple of questions about it, things that confuse me.

Firstly im assuming that Khalistan is an independent nation for Sikhs, That's all cool and something I would support, but economically and even looking at the state of the world is it possible?

Our global economy isn't all too good right now and im no economist but how would people start a new currency?

Then we have politics and govern-ship. I'll assume that we would want a Sikh leadership but how would politics and religion mix into things. Would keeping them separate be wiser or not?

There's also allies or even potential defense, budget, healthcare. How would we afford all this?

This is mainly aimed at the more wiser supporters of the movement as I'm pretty curious how things would go about.

http://www.sikhfreedom.com/khalistan

most of your questions will be answered, fantastic page. Lots of facts, stats, and info.

Khalistan is unsikh

Do explain?

Sikhi is a sanji religion one in which we should engage with the world not create little islands or nation states and look inwards.. True sikh should have chardi kala and put aside ones own challenges and fight for righteousness.. For example isis?

Just saying.. Seems like a whole lot of cry babies on here..

Well if Sikhs keep staying with India, soon we wont have "sanji religion" that can engage the world. Plus, having your nation state does not mean you are isloting yourself. Khalistan isn't just a stubborn demand, its for the survival of our land and people.

The sikh quam seems to be doing OK to me and since sikhi existed since before time and will exist for eternity I'm not sure we should be worried about such matters.. Surely we should be more worried about contributing to the world

Far from Ok my friend, in Punjab Sikhi and farming go hand in hand, but with the way things are looking, Punjab is destined to become a barren land, as rapidly declinding water levels show. The Indian govt does not care.

May I ask what role you see non sikhs having in khalistan? Hindus Muslims atheists? Because there are a lot of them in the punjab? Would they be second class citizens?

I'd hope they'd be treated just like average Sikh would be.

You have a very narrow view of sikhi if you think it goes hand in hand with farming.. Or is even defined by the punjab.. Punjabi jats have a link to farming but the two are not the same thing.. You should remember that the punjab only really became a large scale agricultural economy and land after the British.. It used to be very wild and forested until recently.. And why blame the Indian government for depletion of water table.. It's the jat farmers who demand cheap electricity to pump water into the fields and the akali dal party who promotes it.. I suppose I should tell you I am from a jat family ppl like us are part of the problem

Why hope they be treated like the average sikh was.. Why not be treated with respect regardless.. Isn't that what guru teg bahadur taught us

That is not the only reason, unfair amount of water are given Haryana as well Rajasthan who is not even riparian state, and on top of that it is given away for free. And yeah lol, lets go back to the days pre British, hiding in forets or being engaged in warfare all the time. Its not the same anymore. Now Sikhs need to earn a living, when that land goes barren what do you propose the Punjabi farmers (majority of whom are Sikhs) do? The governments have responsibilities to set up smooth, self reliant industies, but what the <banned word filter activated> have they done in Punjab? Especially when you look at whats been done in other states. Hardly any industries, farming dead, then what are Sikhs left to do? This is just one issue facing Sikhs.

I said "would be" not "was." My point is that I hope everyone will be treated equally, Sikh or not, no one treated better or worse.

Firstly im assuming that Khalistan is an independent nation for Sikhs,

Thats not the right way of looking at it. A free Punjab is for all Punjabis. Punjab does not belong with India. Throughout history, going back thousands of years, it never was part of what we today know as India. We (Punjabis) spent thousands of years as the easternmost (and richest) province of the state of Persia and a few generations as our own independent sovereign Sikh nation of Punjab. The only reason we Punjabis find ourselves part of India right now is because of the shameless lies the Indians told in order to hoodwink us into joining with them in 1946. Shows what a shameless race the Indians are but in August 1946, after the British made it clear that Punjab's fate would now be in the hands of the Sikhs, Nehru stood up at the all india congress in Calcutta and begged us to join India. This begging of his involved blatant lies as he publicly stated that if would please say yes to joining India he promises that the Punjab would be granted a special autonomous status so that the Sikhs could once again enjoy the freedom of having a semi-independent nation along the lines of the Khalsa Raj. That was the promise India made to us. That was the reason we today find ourselves with India. That, as we all now know, was a wicked, sick and blatant lie. They (the Indians) being the barbarians that they naturally are, went back on every one of their promises and even went in the opposite direction by cutting Punjab in bits and subjecting the Sikhs to a life of slavery.

So....whether Sikh or Hindu, the real question is what kind of Punjabi with even an ounce of self-respect and self-worth would not be campagining for freedom from these foreigners (Indians) with no ethical and moral right to rule ?

The sikh quam seems to be doing OK to me and since sikhi existed since before time and will exist for eternity I'm not sure we should be worried about such matters.. Surely we should be more worried about contributing to the world

Oh yes, it's doing marvelously. Look at our birthplace where corruption is rife, Guru sahib's biadhmi is wide spread, people are dissolving into rituals once again and our religion is being poisoned by malicious propaganda.

Oh yes, Sikhi is doing well in Punjab.

Thats not the right way of looking at it. A free Punjab is for all Punjabis. Punjab does not belong with India. Throughout history, going back thousands of years, it never was part of what we today know as India. We (Punjabis) spent thousands of years as the easternmost (and richest) province of the state of Persia and a few generations as our own independent sovereign Sikh nation of Punjab. The only reason we Punjabis find ourselves part of India right now is because of the shameless lies the Indians told in order to hoodwink us into joining with them in 1946. Shows what a shameless race the Indians are but in August 1946, after the British made it clear that Punjab's fate would now be in the hands of the Sikhs, Nehru stood up at the all india congress in Calcutta and begged us to join India. This begging of his involved blatant lies as he publicly stated that if would please say yes to joining India he promises that the Punjab would be granted a special autonomous status so that the Sikhs could once again enjoy the freedom of having a semi-independent nation along the lines of the Khalsa Raj. That was the promise India made to us. That was the reason we today find ourselves with India. That, as we all now know, was a wicked, sick and blatant lie. They (the Indians) being the barbarians that they naturally are, went back on every one of their promises and even went in the opposite direction by cutting Punjab in bits and subjecting the Sikhs to a life of slavery.

So....whether Sikh or Hindu, the real question is what kind of Punjabi with even an ounce of self-respect and self-worth would not be campagining for freedom from these foreigners (Indians) with no ethical and moral right to rule ?

So a sort of devolved Parliament like the one Scotland runs? Do you believe that the central indian government would allow this and not interfere?