Fear Of Sleeping, Bad Dreams, Paranormal & Gods Name

MrSikh

Hi to everyone in the Sikh Sangat community! I wasn't sure where to post this question, but I chose to post in this forum because I think the views of this community are the most closely matched to my own.

I've never been a particularly fearful or scared person, but around 3 months ago I had an experience that changed all that. That day I was at the lowest point in my life, I felt as though nothing I was doing in life was working, no matter how hard I tried things were ending up a failure, this has been going on for the past 3 years with regard to my finances, ever since my old business collapsed, any new venture I tried ended up not working or failing again from circumstances beyond my control. In fact failure has happened so much these past 3 years that I decided it better not to bother doing anything than risk further failure and heartbreak in recent times. That day I was particularly low for some reason, I’ve always been the type to see the positive in everything, but i don't know what changed that day, I was moping around feeling sorry for myself, didn't have the energy to lift up my hand and had little desire to speak to anyone.

That night, I went to sleep and when I awoke, I saw in front of me a small clown holding a knife chanting something at me (sounded very evil). I tried to get up and punch the entity, but I was pinned to my bed, so couldn't get up or even scream. Scared as heck, I repeated in my mind "Waheguru, Waheguru, Waheguru". After around 5 seconds of repeating this in my mind, the entity vanished, and where it was I saw my chair instead. After this I felt cold shivers going up and down my spine and inside my head. After that day I decided I’d never allow myself to get that low again for fear of attracting the wrong type of energy into my life, but since then I’ve been afraid to sleep, and to be able to sleep I’ve been putting on Kirtan every night on repeat before i go to sleep. I've not seen the entity again, but the fear remains, and I’ve been having bad dreams, during the day time in the light I feel fine, but when it turns dark I'm scared that something is going to appear behind me, especially when brushing my teeth before bed, or while i'm trying to sleep, I fear that something will appear next to me. I've always been heavily into meditation but now i can't go as deep into meditation anymore because I’m fearful when I feel "vibrations in my body" or when my 3rd eye opens... something I used to welcome before this experience.

What's even more strange is that I’ve never been scared of clowns before (I know some people have this fear), I’m still not afraid of clowns, but I fear the unknown more than ever before. Anyway I recently (over the past 2 months) came in contact with a tantric healer. I wasn't looking for him, he came into my life through family by happen-chance. He works with good spirits and has been helping my family get rid of negative energy and dispel "Jaadu Tona" via Hindu mantras. Though he apparently can only heal females, and to heal males he must work through my sisters. But he told me something that actually made me more fearful than before, he said that some spirits are so powerful that even saying the lord’s name cannot stop them from coming. This goes against my beliefs, because I’ve always thought that God's name can stop anything that means to harm you or drain your energy from coming into your life. Though I’m torn right now, I wouldn't believe this normally, but I remember what happened to my Grandma in India once. They had a spirit in their house who was trying to scare them, my Grandma is heavily into prayers, way more than my family and I. She has taken amrit and lives by the Sikh principles, a spirit was trying to scare her while she was doing her prayers, she said to the spirit "go away, you have no power over me" and was saying the lords name to drive it away, but the spirit caught her tongue and twisted it so she couldn't say the lords name anymore. Not only does this scare me, but I’m also pretty disappointed if it's true that the lord’s name hasn't enough power to drive away these lowly spirits.

I'm not even sure what I’m asking you guys, maybe I’m just trying to get something off my chest, maybe I want someone to reassure me (for what little it's worth). I just feel that Life on this planet is stupid, makes no sense and I hope that I’m never reborn on this crappy planet ever again.

Guest GeeKayGee

Hi MrSikh

Reading your post actually bought a tear to my eye. I can feel your suffering through the words. I cant give you a solution or a quick fix. I dont think anyone can. By the sounds of things you are suffering from severe anxiety. Personally I dont believe in any of these 'healers' thats you spoke of. Its all about your mindset. You can do naam simran as much as you want but if you dont believe that Waheguru is with you then they are empty words. Just chanting Waheguru is not enough. By the sounds of the first paragraph of the post you are having a depression episode. Waheguru is almighty, and sikhi is all about being practical and realistic, we dont buy into these healers and spiritual tantric people. Go and see your doctor. I know its daughting and scary but knowing you are being proactive and trying to overcome this will ease your mind.

Try listening to Dukh Bhanjani Sahib Paath, research and find the translation. This baani was written to eradicate pain from your mind, body and soul.

Life can get tough, but you need to think of everything you are living for; the beauty of the world around you. How many people would give anything to be on this Earch for one day longer. It is all in your state of mind, and negitivity spirials out of control withn your mind. You are stronger than that. Nothing can shake you with Waheguru by your side. You need to believe that. Regardless of how youre feeling right now believe that it can get better, it will definity get better. Life is not crappy...life is what you make of it and right now you are down but once you stop doubting the power of Waheguru you will feel stength.

Like I said, I dont have any answers for you. I know that things happen, and it might feel as though you are in the worst situation but step back and you will see how lucky you really are to even be here. Surrender yourself to Waheguru and I promise you he will give you the strength you need to get through this tough time for you. I pray for you brother. I pray that you find that strength.

:biggrin2:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

First you need to relax.

Theres many things in life that will try and stop you connecting to Waheguru. Theres a video about this check it out

Your pretty lucky you can remember Waheguru in your dreams, Waheguru name is limitless that guy is just speaking rubbish.

Guru Ji says in Jaap Sahib:

inRbwD srUp hYN ] AgwiD hYN AnUp hYN ]127]

None can stand in the way of God. God is very deep and none is equal to Him.

Nribadh sarup hain. Agadh hain anup hain

Kl KMf iKAwl ] gurbr Akwl ]167]

God destroys mean enemies in an instant. God is most powerful and immortal.

Khal khand khial. Gurbar akal

Just do ardaas to Guru Ji, and carry on. It will take some time to get over it.

With your financial problems, just dont give up keep trying. Just do benti to Guru Ji to help you.

You can do the first solak of Sukhmani Sahib, and just imagine Guru Ji in all 4 directions.

Do Rakheah Da Shabad and Kirtan Sohila before you sleep

Though he apparently can only heal females, and to heal males he must work through my sisters.

This sounds very dodgy, I would't let this guy come close to my sisters.

Please forgive me if i said anything wrong or offensive.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest gupt_helper

I will share my experience with you.

Are you into Sikhi? Gurbani can help you in this particular case, even if you are new to this.

I'm not sure how many others will agree to this, but even some Sikhs who starts doing naam-simran paath, they ALSO experience similar things, they see these things quite often. They start experiencing dreams something that could be termed as about ghosts or evil spirits. Years ago, I used to get "hold down" to bed and I would see myself struggling to move. Then I started having ghost dreams, first I used to see them from a distance, after a while they started scaring me. I used to wake up in middle of the night, someone suggested to discuss with Gursikh having good experience with Gurbani.. I was told not to worry at all, be strong, you will get your way out in dreams slowly (I did lots of chaupai sahib and read rakhya de shabad, and did naam simran whenever I woke up for glass of water or something) After the seeing-them-from-distance episode, these evil spirits started approaching me, continued tormenting me for quite some time, after that, I would see myself doing "naam simran" in dreams, later on dreams sort of got scarier, they started engaging me and I used to wake up with a big jolts, I did even more naam simran, Waheguru ji helped me, I started fighting these evil spirits with swords, eventually, I scared them off by attacking them with my sword, the dream always ended me woken up still doing naam simran. Interesting part is during the last phase, I would often start a dream in frightened state and suddenly I would see myself having found a "Sword" to fight with. Nihung Sings mention finding the Sword is basically "Wisdom" of Gurbani or more precisely Bhagauti coming to help you through faith. I havent dreamt like this for years now, it is different subject now. You can keep a Khanda below your pillow. The only thing you need to know is these spirits, these dreams, nothing can harm you if have faith in Waheguru. You don't need any tantrik shantriks, all you need is Naam-Simran, faith in Waheguru.

I am not sure, may be other Singhs can shed light on this subject, discuss if you can read Braham Kvach Baani from Sri Sarbloh Granth for protection, Nihung Singhs reads this 32 times every morning. But you must do it with proper rehat maryada.

Guest GKaur

I will share my experience with you.

Are you into Sikhi? Gurbani can help you in this particular case, even if you are new to this.

I'm not sure how many others will agree to this, but even some Sikhs who starts doing naam-simran paath, they ALSO experience similar things, they see these things quite often. They start experiencing dreams something that could be termed as about ghosts or evil spirits. Years ago, I used to get "hold down" to bed and I would see myself struggling to move. Then I started having ghost dreams, first I used to see them from a distance, after a while they started scaring me. I used to wake up in middle of the night, someone suggested to discuss with Gursikh having good experience with Gurbani.. I was told not to worry at all, be strong, you will get your way out in dreams slowly (I did lots of chaupai sahib and read rakhya de shabad, and did naam simran whenever I woke up for glass of water or something) After the seeing-them-from-distance episode, these evil spirits started approaching me, continued tormenting me for quite some time, after that, I would see myself doing "naam simran" in dreams, later on dreams sort of got scarier, they started engaging me and I used to wake up with a big jolts, I did even more naam simran, Waheguru ji helped me, I started fighting these evil spirits with swords, eventually, I scared them off by attacking them with my sword, the dream always ended me woken up still doing naam simran. Interesting part is during the last phase, I would often start a dream in frightened state and suddenly I would see myself having found a "Sword" to fight with. Nihung Sings mention finding the Sword is basically "Wisdom" of Gurbani or more precisely Bhagauti coming to help you through faith. I havent dreamt like this for years now, it is different subject now. You can keep a Khanda below your pillow. The only thing you need to know is these spirits, these dreams, nothing can harm you if have faith in Waheguru. You don't need any tantrik shantriks, all you need is Naam-Simran, faith in Waheguru.

I am not sure, may be other Singhs can shed light on this subject, discuss if you can read Braham Kvach Baani from Sri Sarbloh Granth for protection, Nihung Singhs reads this 32 times every morning. But you must do it with proper rehat maryada.

WjKWjF,

I am 27 year old Gursikh girl, I read the above post it is some what similar to my experience.But I never saw any evil or ghosts but since past 8 to 9 months I am feeling a change in me. I get nightmares and I always use to sleep alone in my room but now the moment it gets dark Im scared to even go in my room alone. So I sleep with my Mom. My father and mother both are amritdhari. I always get negative thoughts in my mind no matter how hard I try to be positive. Even since last 8 to 9 months im in depression because of personal reasons and professional. I lost my job losing my close friends too. I even put kirpan below the pillow while sleeping but still it doesnt work. I have lost my positivity my confidence feels like there is no way out from such bad dreams and evil thoughts.

I dont know why I am sharing my experience but please suggest if sumthing helps.

Wjkwjf

Guest gupt_helper

_Gkaur_ :

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki Fateh Bhainji,

I'm sure Waheguru ji will help you. In my situation (the above post you mentioned), for a long time I didn't know where to go either. I didn't mention the time frame either, I didn't want to create a state of hopelessness for original poster. I spent almost 8-9 years in this chaos, during 7-8th year, I started listening Katha all day long. I believe I should have started Katha earlier to get rid of these dreams. For your dreams and negativity, you must strengthen your connection with Guru. I know how hard it could be to stay positive, the abyss grabs us with all its power. So you must find a way to stay connected with Gurbani. The following routine worked for me:

1) Amrit Vela - Nitnem, Dukhbanjani Sahib, Rakhya de Shabad, Braham Kvach (32 Paath from Sarbloh Granth, available on android app in Sunda Gutka Buddha Dal)

2) Listening Kirtan while getting ready for work/ on way to work

3) During office work, would listen to Nitnem KAtha, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Katha on my android phone, one baani at a time say from 11 to 2pm)

4) After Lunch, I would listen to "Sri Suraj Prakash Katha by Giani Thakur Singh Ji" - this Katha sort of helped me most, because this Katha takes you back to history, the beautiful times, it made me forget everything, you must learn to dive deep along with Katha, let your "Chit" create a beautiful world for you.

5) After 5ish, would listen to Kirtan on android phone or Live telecast,

6) Nitnem

7) After Rehraas I would again listen to Sri Suraj Prakash, I got addicted to it, I forgot all the pain, I would sleep while Katha still playing, next day I would play Katha from previous track

Only person who can help you is Guru, keep praying, keep listening, all day all night, after a few days, Gurbani will become food for you, all your negativity will go away. regarding job, friends, have faith in Waheguru, learn to accept Bhana, good people always come back, Guru will provide you good source of income aswell. You will notice, one your 24 hour routine is connected to Guru, things will start happening your way. if you can, spend time doing Gardening or some other hobby, keep your mind occupied. For Shastar below pillow part, for now you must keep Shastar very clean., for this to work, Singhs usually read Shastar naam mala, Ugradanti, Bhagaouti Astotar, Karni nama and Chandi di vaar with morning nitnem.

Waheguru

InderjitS posted this on another topic

How to pull out of hopeless situations?

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ 5 ॥
ਜਾ ਕਉ ਮੁਸਕਲੁ ਅਤਿ ਬਣੈ ਢੋਈ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਦੇਇ ॥
ਲਾਗੂ ਹੋਏ ਦੁਸਮਨਾ ਸਾਕ ਭਿ ਭਜਿ ਖਲੇ ॥
ਸਭੋ ਭਜੈ ਆਸਰਾ ਚੁਕੈ ਸਭੁ ਅਸਰਾਉ ॥
ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਲਗੈ ਨ ਤਤੀ ਵਾਉ ॥1॥
ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਨਿਤਾਣਿਆ ਕਾ ਤਾਣੁ ॥
ਆਇ ਨ ਜਾਈ ਥਿਰੁ ਸਦਾ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਸਚੁ ਜਾਣੁ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਜੇ ਕੋ ਹੋਵੈ ਦੁਬਲਾ ਨੰਗ ਭੁਖ ਕੀ ਪੀਰ ॥
ਦਮੜਾ ਪਲੈ ਨਾ ਪਵੈ ਨਾ ਕੋ ਦੇਵੈ ਧੀਰ ॥
ਸੁਆਰਥੁ ਸੁਆਉ ਨ ਕੋ ਕਰੇ ਨਾ ਕਿਛੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਕਾਜੁ ॥
ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਾ ਨਿਹਚਲੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਰਾਜੁ ॥2॥
ਜਾ ਕਉ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਦੇਹੀ ਵਿਆਪੈ ਰੋਗੁ ॥
ਗ੍ਰਿਸਤਿ ਕੁਟੰਬਿ ਪਲੇਟਿਆ ਕਦੇ ਹਰਖੁ ਕਦੇ ਸੋਗੁ ॥
ਗਉਣੁ ਕਰੇ ਚਹੁ ਕੁੰਟ ਕਾ ਘੜੀ ਨ ਬੈਸਣੁ ਸੋਇ ॥
ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਸੀਤਲੁ ਹੋਇ ॥3॥
ਕਾਮਿ ਕਰੋਧਿ ਮੋਹਿ ਵਸਿ ਕੀਆ ਕਿਰਪਨ ਲੋਭਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥
ਚਾਰੇ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਉਨਿ ਅਘ ਕੀਏ ਹੋਆ ਅਸੁਰ ਸੰਘਾਰੁ ॥
ਪੋਥੀ ਗੀਤ ਕਵਿਤ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਦੇ ਨ ਕਰਨਿ ਧਰਿਆ ॥
ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਾ ਨਿਮਖ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਤਰਿਆ ॥4॥

Guru Sahib in his great and sweet Gurbani gives four worst case scenarios to show how powerful Naam is. The miserable conditions mentioned in this shabad apply to all of us. At some point in life we all encounter these problems to some extent. Guru Sahib writes the worse case scenarios:

1) If someone gets entangled in a grave problem and finds out that there is no one to help. If friends and relatives become enemies and eschew one to suffer alone. If all other means and support vanishes and one has no one to look at. If in such distressful condition one remembers the merciful Vaheguru (through the true Naam of course), then even hot air cannot touch one. Note that Guru Sahib states that from such situation one gets so well protected that even hot air cannot touch one. So powerful is Naam.

2) This scenario is about poverty. If one gets hit by poverty and so severe is the attack that one gets greatly weakened out of starvation; if one does not have any clothes to even cover one’s body; If one does not have even one cent (damRa) and no one even offers words of comfort, let alone giving money; If no one helps out in any way and if through providence, none of one’s works or tasks get done; If in such distressful, pitiful and hopeless condition one remembers Vaheguru, one becomes a king in no time. Again from a beggar to a King is such a great distance and it is possible to cover this distance in a moment's time. Guru Sahib can do anything he pleases (or what his bhagats please).

3) Third worse case scenario is if one gets severely diseased. Guru Sahib says that if one gets greatly worried and is stressed out because of diseases on body; because of the diseases one’s family may also be suffering and always stays stuck in short-lived happiness and sorrows; if one gets so distressed with this pain that one wanders in four directions to get cured and healed and does not get comfort for even one minute;if in such pitiful condition one remembers Vaheguru, one’s body gets free of diseases and one feels the warmth of Vaheguru’s Naam. Dhan hai Satguru Sachay Paatshah.

4) Fourth is about one leading a very sinful life and suffering the consequences of it; if one is possessed by Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, greediness, worldly attachments etc; if one is guilty of doing all four cardinal sins and if one is fully worthy of getting the death of a demon; one who does not spend any time doing any religious or pious work; if such person remembers Vaheguru through his true Naam, in one second he becomes free of all his problems and sins.

Guru Sahib states that Sahib Vaheguru is the power-provider to the weak. He is forever stable and is recognised through the true word that is obtained from the true Guru.

We all have been hit with problems and I can tell from personal experience that many times I have been caught off-guard and I totally failed in the tests of Vaheguru. Then Vaheguru himself has been giving me strength to fight back through the weapons of Naam and Gurbani. I have learned this lesson so many times that if we remember him and obey his hukams in good times, then we don’t have to see bad times but we always fail our realizations.

If only we Sikhs could realise that we are sitting on a huge treasure. Like a snake that guards the treasure but never uses it, we guard Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee Maharaaj but are failing to take full advantage of the scientific truths stated in Satgur jee. May Guru Sahib enable us to become his true Sikhs and follow his rehit and take full advantage of what has been already offered to us by Satguru jee.

The second half of this article to be posted soon.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh (GurmatBibek.Com)

Guest up in the mountains

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

first thing you need to do is relax

and the 2nd is focus

focus on what

well focus on guru ji

and then see past whats scares you

dont let your mind give so much importance to that which is negative

there is these type of beings all around us

thats fine

just see past it

shabad is the most powerful thing in existence

and we only have problems when we dont trust

trust your guru

and you have to live a high vibrational life

surround yourself with those kinds of people

dont do things that lower that

darkness can only affect you when you become dark

stay in the light

go to the gurdwara and ask guru ji for his love

and being scared is naturally

you will work through it

as children we feared things but we out grew them

nothing can touch you

nothing

when the sword of guru gobind singh ji is over you

who would really want to mess with that

just make sure you stay under it

Guest J Sandhu

Hi Guys,

It sounds like you are suffering from sleep paralysis.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Sleep-paralysis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

It happens to a lot of people. You wake up frozen and can seen things around you and it feels like someone is holding you down etc.

My friend used to suffer from this on a daily basis - usually occurs due to stress etc. I've experienced it once and I admit it is a very scary experience. Just try and relax and de stress.

Chill out - no supernatural forces etc. Remember Sikhi is a practical way of life - there's also a logical explanation!

Have a good day!

Guest Satnaam

This used to happen to me most nights, from childhood. I'm now in my late 20's.

I was so traumatised that I used to leave my lights on, was too afraid to go to sleep etc. just a few examples of things that used to happen to me- I used to regularly see tall demons in black hooded cloaks, I used to feel like they wanted to kill me, used to get levitated, wake up with demons next to me, sitting on me etc, hear loud knocking on my wall that used to follow me when I used to move house, be regularly harassed by certain demons and ghost's.

But at a young age, I would picture Guru Nanak Dev Jis face in white light- no one told me to do this, I just felt it was the right thing to do, and I would instantly feel better. Growing up, I would say Satnaam and smile and white light would pour down from above enveloping the hooded beings etc.

Abd so all this dukhi of being harassed pushed me to detach and go towards God and so I've taken it all as a blessing and as karma-remember that pain is the remedy.

I have now been sleeping without fear, I do naam simian from 12:30-1am daily for at least 2.5 hours, the most powerful time 2 Do it, and although I see a lot of spirits during the day, I know they can't harm me, they're just energies- as we are. Remember that even demons, even ghost's are just gid himself dressed up. We are here to discover Truth/God in Everything. Be Nirvair and recognise him in the demons and laugh. And now to his Darsham, try and bow to the clown if u see him again and laugh and say God I recognise u that it's just u.

Vibrate at the Truth frequency, live and be Gurbani- ur pain is a blessing,detach from it with Truth.