• Topics

• It's why Sant Teja Singh started Baru Sahib. I read it in a book called The Sikh Saints. It says all falsehood in India will lead to its destruction.
    • When did I say anything about the darshan of God? Guruji tells us those that meditate on Naam maybe fortunate to have darshan of God in their dreams in a many pangtis.      ਕਬ ਦੇਖਉ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਆਪਨਾ ਆਤਮ ਕੈ ਰੰਗਿ ॥ 
      कब देखउ प्रभु आपना आतम कै रंगि ॥ 
      Kab ḏekẖ▫a▫u parabẖ āpnā āṯam kai rang. 
      When shall I see my Lord with the delight of my soul? 
        ਜਾਗਨ ਤੇ ਸੁਪਨਾ ਭਲਾ ਬਸੀਐ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸੰਗਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ 
      जागन ते सुपना भला बसीऐ प्रभ संगि ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ 
      Jāgan ṯe supnā bẖalā basī▫ai parabẖ sang. ||1|| rahā▫o. 
      That dream is better that than waking wherein I abide with my Master. Pause.  SGGS ji Ang 816 🙏🏻 Dhan Guru Arjan Dev ji   ਮਃ ੫ ॥ 
      मः ५ ॥ 
      Mėhlā 5. 
      5th Guru. 
        ਸਜਣ ਮੁਖੁ ਅਨੂਪੁ ਅਠੇ ਪਹਰ ਨਿਹਾਲਸਾ ॥ 
      सजण मुखु अनूपु अठे पहर निहालसा ॥ 
      Sajaṇ mukẖ anūp aṯẖe pahar nihālsā. 
      Incomparable beauty is of the face of my Friend. I would see Him eight watches through. 
        ਸੁਤੜੀ ਸੋ ਸਹੁ ਡਿਠੁ ਤੈ ਸੁਪਨੇ ਹਉ ਖੰਨੀਐ ॥੨॥ 
      सुतड़ी सो सहु डिठु तै सुपने हउ खंनीऐ ॥२॥ 
      Suṯ▫ṛī so saho diṯẖ ṯai supne ha▫o kẖannī▫ai. ||2|| 
      In sleep I saw that Spouse of mine. Unto that dream, I am a sacrifice.  SGGS ji Ang 1100 🙏🏻 Dhan Guru Arjan Dev jI
    • I think this debate could go on for a while, mt issue with people saying "mona" is the simple fact that i know Punjabi's with cut hair that respect and adhere to Sikhi more than ones with a dastaar and even fully grown beards, as far as flying under the radar, there are plenty of us out there with a pagh on our heads that do that, it's not restricted to those that have cut hair. Sarbjit Singh from Rajoanatv is a highly regarded human rights activist, the man know's more about injustices done to Sikhs than anyone I know, he's a "mona", i've never seen him fly under the radar. Like i said, we could debate forever, everyone has their own opinion and though process.
    • Though I like reading philosophy. Reading Epictetus after some Seneca and Marcus Aurelius, it's not a patch on Gurbani. But the ancient Greeks and Roman had some good ideas and they had some ideas of the divine  (not their Pantheon of God's like Zeus/Jupiter etc.) If anything it was more advanced than when they took up those Judeo -Christian beliefs.  Some of their thinking was more in-line with Dharmic thinking.