Respect Of Bani Questions

gsingh9

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I was reading today, about keeping respect for banis.

And I wanted to check if what I'm doing is ok:

1. If we are reading path, do we have to sit on a cloth on the floor?
  2. All the Gutka Sahib Ji's in my house are kept in my room, and they are higher than me when I sleep, but when I do path where I sit is facing the Gutka Sahib Ji but im also facing the end of my bed is this disrespectful ? (When I sleep my head is inline with the Gutka Sahib Ji just to clarify)
  3. I make mistakes when reciting Gurbani, if I miss pronounced something while listening to Gurbani, do i have to stop or is it ok to continue ?

Please forgive me if i said anything wrong or offensive.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh JI!

1. I think you are supposed to sit at an higher level than everyone else on the same floor of the building.. I usually sit on a bed and do phat, or I do phat outside on my sundeck.

2. I think that is somewhat disrespectful.. You should keep your feet in the opposite direction, or move the Sri Gutka Sahibs to another area.

3. Before I do phat, I always ask for maafi and a pavithr maan/kirpa to not make mistakes, and I do the same at phat sampooran. I don't know if you are supposed to redo phat then.. I usually give all my dhyan into phat.

My room is at the top of the house and when I do path no one is higher.

I should clear the second point up, When I sleep my feet are not facing Gutka Sahibs, but when I do Path because the Gutka Sahib are near the head of bed I face them when I do Path, but to face the Gukta Sahib Ji's I have to face the end of the bed as well, as thats the only place I can sit in my room.

I live in a condominium complex and there are rooms on top of my room. I am at 10th floor in a 34 floor building. So I must be disrespecting the bani. I feel so sad and ashamed about it.

The good things is that I don't keep feet towards Gutka Sahibs but my neighbors feet face the Gurka Sahibs and I had a word with him and asked him to change his direction. In fact he made a bathroom behind the pedestal where I keep gutka sahibs.

What should I do now? I moved Gutka sahibs around but on the other side, we have neighbors too and I don't want to bother them. I am very agonized. What should I do?

I talked to Bhaiji at the gurughar and he said bring them to gurughar, don't keep them at your house. It is beadbi. Maybe all of us Sikhs should live in either single story houses or two story houses where we keep Guru Sahib's gutka sahibs on second floor. But what do we do about drunks who drive along the road besides our building...

I live in a condominium complex and there are rooms on top of my room. I am at 10th floor in a 34 floor building. So I must be disrespecting the bani. I feel so sad and ashamed about it.

The good things is that I don't keep feet towards Gutka Sahibs but my neighbors feet face the Gurka Sahibs and I had a word with him and asked him to change his direction. In fact he made a bathroom behind the pedestal where I keep gutka sahibs.

What should I do now? I moved Gutka sahibs around but on the other side, we have neighbors too and I don't want to bother them. I am very agonized. What should I do?

I talked to Bhaiji at the gurughar and he said bring them to gurughar, don't keep them at your house. It is beadbi. Maybe all of us Sikhs should live in either single story houses or two story houses where we keep Guru Sahib's gutka sahibs on second floor. But what do we do about drunks who drive along the road besides our building...

Im not sure what to say about this. Hopefully other people can guide us