• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuhadaDaas

Muslim Getting Married In Shepherds Bush Gurdwara This Friday

132 posts in this topic

That's fine. Your "not important" line made it seem you were prioritising someone's worth. Don't get me wrong, I get annoyed by the kind of people who do the things you said, but I don't consider them lesser beings or anything like that. Just different to me. Not better or worse or inferior, just different.

At least you understand what I mean.
1 person likes this

When I've spoken to people about this i put it down to 'house rules'. The anand karaj ceremony is in a par with our baptism , birth, and death 'ceremonies' (forgive me can't think of a better word). So they are events for 'sikhs' to participate in . Now clearly we can debate what is a Sikh, but on a simple level it's believing that what our guru ji says is the truth and accepting it as such. Next time you get some 'liberal' (hate using that term, but really mean wants to twist Sikhi to suit themselves and not the guru) questioning about the rules ask them if they would go to a 'work event ' dressed in inappropriate clothing,acting foolishly or openly brag about how good a 'competitor' is . They will say they wouldn't and you know why? They 'respect' and 'obey' the bosses who pay them , but they don't respect or obey the 'one' who gave them everything. Likewise if they were offered a knighthood, an obe or some other 'empire' suck up, they would follow the rules and codes of conduct  at Buckingham palace as they perceive it as benefitting their world view. 

22 hours ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

Isn't that soorma Singh in the Picture? 

nah Soorma SIngh has more beard ...

8 hours ago, imhosingh said:

When I've spoken to people about this i put it down to 'house rules'. The anand karaj ceremony is in a par with our baptism , birth, and death 'ceremonies' (forgive me can't think of a better word). So they are events for 'sikhs' to participate in . Now clearly we can debate what is a Sikh, but on a simple level it's believing that what our guru ji says is the truth and accepting it as such. Next time you get some 'liberal' (hate using that term, but really mean wants to twist Sikhi to suit themselves and not the guru) questioning about the rules ask them if they would go to a 'work event ' dressed in inappropriate clothing,acting foolishly or openly brag about how good a 'competitor' is . They will say they wouldn't and you know why? They 'respect' and 'obey' the bosses who pay them , but they don't respect or obey the 'one' who gave them everything. Likewise if they were offered a knighthood, an obe or some other 'empire' suck up, they would follow the rules and codes of conduct  at Buckingham palace as they perceive it as benefitting their world view. 

'rites of passage' is the term, we only have four . 

8 hours ago, imhosingh said:

It was more simple in the past when only Amritdharis could get an Anand Karaj. (Sehajdharis and Keshdharis would only be allowed a Hindu wedding). I highly doubt we will go back to the era when Sikhs actually agreed on one Maryada: but now we got people who don't have Kesh and drunkards having Anand Karaj, which our true history was always against.

On 20/04/2017 at 0:51 AM, Sukhvirk76 said:

Isn't that soorma Singh in the Picture? 

I'm proud of that couple.

May God bless them with a long and happy marriage.

Respect to the bride for not being a racist and by virtue of their Anand Karaj ensuring her husband is a new Sikh so that their children will be Sikhs too.

The husband is clearly of West Indian background and those folks are natural born Sikhs given that Sikhi alone opposes slavery unlike Christianity and Islam which both condone it.

Globally: 99.7% are non-Sikhs

India: 98.4% are non-Sikhs

Canada: 98.5% are non-Sikhs

UK: 99.4% are non-Sikhs

USA: 99.9% are non-Sikhs 

So is it logical to expect all within our community to marry only those whose parents are both Sikhs? By excluding some sincere couples from partaking in an Anand Karaj to enable their non-Abrahamic non-proselytising new spouses to become new Sikhs, it will only become the fastest way to demographic oblivion for the Sikh Diaspora (by effectively excluding the future children of all such couples from the Sikh Panth). 

We need to think do we encourage people towards Sikhi or drive them away (to our Panth's long term detriment)?

Edited by SinghSabha1699