Muslim Getting Married In Shepherds Bush Gurdwara This Friday

TuhadaDaas

But if I was ugly and my wife was ugly it would be totally reasonable and logical for some others to suggest my children might end up as circus freaks.

I wish your family and children well but I hope that your wife is teaching them not to judge a book by its outer cover but upon the basis of its contents. Similarly, I hope that your wife is teaching your children to respect those whose deeds are better more, rather than those who just look good. Sikhs should never insult any innocent human as "ugly" imho.

I wish your family and children well but I hope that your wife is teaching them not to judge a book by its outer cover but upon the basis of its contents. Similarly, I hope that your wife is teaching your children to respect those whose deeds are better more, rather than those who just look good. Sikhs should never insult any innocent human as "ugly" imho.

I spent my whole life saying "never judge a book by it's cover".

I always said it and, ultimately, thats how I lost my job...as the chairman of the British Book Cover competition panel. They said I wasn't suitable for the job.

It was a harsh lesson but I should have learned from my dad's experience. All his life he always used to say "judge not...lest you be judged first". He always said it. And....ultimately, thats how he lost he job..... as a District Judge.

To be fair though, they should never have given him the job in the first place. A simple background check would have revealed he was never capable of judging anyone unless, of course, they judged him first but...of course, that would have made a mockery of the justice system as we know it so lets leave my own and my dad's experience out of it for a moment. Lets just examine the evidence: You're accusing me of racism against the man because he is black. Well, let me state right now that a good looking black man is as good looking as they get but like all races there are good looking people and then there are ugly looking people. The groom in question (and you can ask any black person for a second opinion) most definately does not qualify as one of the cool good looking black guys. And so we're on to the bride. I know for a fact that it costs upwards of $1000 to do that professional bridal make-up she did for that photo.

Now, think about it....When you look like THAT after paying someone $1000 to make you beautifull how hideous must you look on an average normal day ?

The evidence is all there bruvs. Don't shoot the messenger. We all know how beautiful and angelic she would have looked if she shuck'ed Amrit and wore a dastar. My god, look at her photo again and imagine her with a dastar. Beautifull. Truly beautifull.

Its not my fault she's gone down the kaljug route only to find she's on the ugly end of the beauty scale in kaljug town. But, seeing how she chooses to live in kaljug town....I will respect her opinion and treat her like a kaljug town dweller.

Careful how you speak about our sisters.

Just because she is punjabi does not mean she is my sister.. A Christian woman is the same to me as this punjabi...

There is a gurdwara in Southall carrying out Anand Kharaj to a Sikh boy to his Muslim girlfriend this month Saturday May 24th.

I had bought this to the attention of our Sanagt earlier last month which sparked an interesting debate. It surprised me the amount of private messages I received telling me that I was old fashioned and to "be in line with todays trend". I for obvious reason quite openly object to this and am finding it a very sad state of affairs that our gurdwaras have allowed this to happen.

I am still hoping with me are others who can turn these gurdwaras to see sense rather than the money

There is a gurdwara in Southall carrying out Anand Kharaj to a Sikh boy to his Muslim girlfriend this month Saturday May 24th.

I had bought this to the attention of our Sanagt earlier last month which sparked an interesting debate. It surprised me the amount of private messages I received telling me that I was old fashioned and to "be in line with todays trend". I for obvious reason quite openly object to this and am finding it a very sad state of affairs that our gurdwaras have allowed this to happen.

I am still hoping with me are others who can turn these gurdwaras to see sense rather than the money

Yup, can't be hypocritical when it comes to something like this. If we object to Sikh females marrying Muslims then we can't be silent when Sikh guys marry Muslim girls. The argument is " Well the kids will be Sikh." Lmao, have you seen the lily-livered state of Sikh males today? The phrase, "putting your foot down" is alien to most guys these days. I won't hold my breath in anticipation of the kids of these marriages adhering to Sikh tenets. Never say never, but the odds are stacked against such an occurrence.

Yup, can't be hypocritical when it comes to something like this. If we object to Sikh females marrying Muslims then we can't be silent when Sikh guys marry Muslim girls. The argument is " Well the kids will be Sikh." Lmao, have you seen the lily-livered state of Sikh males today? The phrase, "putting your foot down" is alien to most guys these days. I won't hold my breath in anticipation of the kids of these marriages adhering to Sikh tenets. Never say never, but the odds are stacked against such an occurrence.

Oh think you may have me wrong pal.....i object to it both ways....sikh guys with muslim girls in Gurdwara and sikh girls with muslim boys in gurdwara....IT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED AT ANAND KARAJ FULL STOP,.

My point was gurdwaras have become a business.....very very very sadly that is fact. But to me it is rubbing our historys noses in it.

Oh think you may have me wrong pal.....i object to it both ways....sikh guys with muslim girls in Gurdwara and sikh girls with muslim boys in gurdwara....IT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED AT ANAND KARAJ FULL STOP,.

My point was gurdwaras have become a business.....very very very sadly that is fact. But to me it is rubbing our historys noses in it.

I agree with you, bro. I was just making a point.

Guest Jacfsing2

That's different because Sikhism is literally from India.. almost all 'Sikh' names in India existed even before Sikhi so naming your child with Indian names doesn't mean anything.

Literally almost every Sikh name has existed before Sikhi, so it doesn't matter.. you can't really compare it like that. Gobind/Angad/Krishan/Amar/Ram etc have been names for Hindu children even before our religion existed.. so you can't really say that there are 'Hindu' names or 'Sikh' names, they are Indian names.

I'm not sure you understand how Sikhs are suppose to be named. Bhai Randhir's Singh original name was Basant Singh, but he changed it after Guru Sahib did so when he did Amrit Chackna.

That's different because Sikhism is literally from India.. almost all 'Sikh' names in India existed even before Sikhi so naming your child with Indian names doesn't mean anything.

Literally almost every Sikh name has existed before Sikhi, so it doesn't matter.. you can't really compare it like that. Gobind/Angad/Krishan/Amar/Ram etc have been names for Hindu children even before our religion existed.. so you can't really say that there are 'Hindu' names or 'Sikh' names, they are Indian names.

I'm not sure you understand how Sikhs are suppose to be named. Bhai Randhir's Singh original name was Basant Singh, but he changed it after Guru Sahib did so when he did Amrit Chackna.

Quite literally, Preet, you might want to look up the definition of the word 'literally'. Then, and only then, move on to Sikh names such as Fateh (from Afghanistan), Zorowar (from Iran), Jarnail (from France), Karnail (from France), Bakthawar (from Afghanistan), Iqbal (from Arabia) etc etc