Muslim Getting Married In Shepherds Bush Gurdwara This Friday

TuhadaDaas

Oh you poor souls. I pray that one day you wake up and realise your investment in misinterpreted 'terms and conditions' was founded in ignorance and self hate. If you all started to love yourselves just a tiny bit more, the hole you so desperately seek to fill within yourselves might start to shrink. When you realise that these two HUMAN BEINGS have united THROUGH God way before your ego started to feed your brains with opinions and beliefs, you will see that any attempt you have made to stop the ceremony was not only futile and of zero consequence, but actually aided in strengthening their DIVINE bond.

You spew your chastisement through an online blog - oh you brave warriors of God! The fact this girl wanted to carry out the Sikh ceremony should make it obvious to you that she is acting in TRUTH (it's obviously not a move to please other people). So then who are you to judge and condemn her? You quote scripture in order to justify yourselves, not realising that the scripture you quote SUPPORTS their marriage. You act like God can be offended by any decision we make here on Earth. Worse than that, you have the audacity to tell yourselves you are offended on behalf of God. I wonder how many of you have taken a second to be honest with yourselves about WHY this really makes you feel uncomfortable? Your're spite toward Muslim people is so boldly evident its laughable. One of you even started talking about the moguls lol! Let go of your hate people. We were put here TOGETHER as one, Maybe some of you should stop sipping away on your Chivas Regal and acting like a bunch of barbarians - then perhaps 'your women' might actually want to marry you. If you want change so much, get off this blog and start changing yourselves. Those of you are angry at this wedding - it's YOU who are angry, YOU have nurtured that negative emotion within yourselves. None of the posts here come from a place of compassion or love for this girl whom you claim as your own. Be honest with yourselves - this stings you because he's Muslim and you harbour hate in your heart. What does your religion teach you about that? Get the hell up off your high horses and go find somebody to LOVE. True love IS God and doesn't need religious teaching to justify it. Stop living your lives through teachings and start FEELING with the short life you have been blessed with. I pray the couple enjoy every bit of happiness they deserve from this union. I pray they teach their children that ALL people who follow a religion are reaching out to GOD and should be respected for doing so.

A very good post overall brother but I would add the disclaimer that it is obviously imperative that the Jamil in question fully accepts Sikhi by confirming a change of surname to Singh and accept that things which Islam and the Quran promote such as wife-beating, the inferiority of women, the permission for a man to keep four wives, the permission for a Muslim man to keep non-Muslim sex slaves, the permission for a Muslim man to rape non-Muslim women are all renounced via repudiation of Islam before Sangat.

I agree with what you are saying above in respect of Hindu's, Buddhists and Jains and others of a secular mindset.

When 99% of the population are non-Sikhs it's inevitable that year after year these types of marriages will increase.

The question is how do we turn something that could be a demographic time bomb for the community into something that links more and more ordinary people to Sikhi through this. Such marriages are increasing year after year which is an unstoppable reality that can't be ignored by blocking the odd marriage or two and the couples in all cases then severing all links with Sikhi for their future children (who should not be denied Sikhi regardless of what we might think of the parents). The consequences of exclusion would be that the Sikh Diaspora population would be less than half its current size within a generation. Hundreds of thousands of new Sikhs came into Sikhi during the Singh Sabha era as a result of free Anand Karaj sewa that was free from the discrimination of so-called self-styled "high caste" Muslim Qureshi caste Qazi's and Brahmin Hindu Pandits. Those were the days when the Sikh population was rising sharply.

We need to get to grips with reality that a 1% minority will always have members marrying those of other backgrounds.

It's all ultimately about ensuring that the children of such marriages have strong links to their Gurdwara and feel an integral part of the Sikh Panth. This is exactly what happened a hundred years ago when even both spouses comprising non-Sikh couples were given the blessing of Anand Karaj at local Akali Singh Sabha Lehar Gurdwara's and I'm Sikh today as a direct result of this historical reality.

Oh you poor souls. I pray that one day you wake up and realise your investment in misinterpreted 'terms and conditions' was founded in ignorance and self hate. If you all started to love yourselves just a tiny bit more, the hole you so desperately seek to fill within yourselves might start to shrink. When you realise that these two HUMAN BEINGS have united THROUGH God way before your ego started to feed your brains with opinions and beliefs, you will see that any attempt you have made to stop the ceremony was not only futile and of zero consequence, but actually aided in strengthening their DIVINE bond.

You spew your chastisement through an online blog - oh you brave warriors of God! The fact this girl wanted to carry out the Sikh ceremony should make it obvious to you that she is acting in TRUTH (it's obviously not a move to please other people). So then who are you to judge and condemn her? You quote scripture in order to justify yourselves, not realising that the scripture you quote SUPPORTS their marriage. You act like God can be offended by any decision we make here on Earth. Worse than that, you have the audacity to tell yourselves you are offended on behalf of God. I wonder how many of you have taken a second to be honest with yourselves about WHY this really makes you feel uncomfortable? Your're spite toward Muslim people is so boldly evident its laughable. One of you even started talking about the moguls lol! Let go of your hate people. We were put here TOGETHER as one, Maybe some of you should stop sipping away on your Chivas Regal and acting like a bunch of barbarians - then perhaps 'your women' might actually want to marry you. If you want change so much, get off this blog and start changing yourselves. Those of you are angry at this wedding - it's YOU who are angry, YOU have nurtured that negative emotion within yourselves. None of the posts here come from a place of compassion or love for this girl whom you claim as your own. Be honest with yourselves - this stings you because he's Muslim and you harbour hate in your heart. What does your religion teach you about that? Get the hell up off your high horses and go find somebody to LOVE. True love IS God and doesn't need religious teaching to justify it. Stop living your lives through teachings and start FEELING with the short life you have been blessed with. I pray the couple enjoy every bit of happiness they deserve from this union. I pray they teach their children that ALL people who follow a religion are reaching out to GOD and should be respected for doing so.

Your foremothers were raped by the tyrant Mughals and forcibly converted to Islam. Then they were left to bring up their haram offspring. All your life you try and avoid haram but how can you avoid what runs through your veins?

A very good statement. Its a good opinion. I dont hate muslims, but at the end of the day a sikh shpuld marry a sikh. BTW im against it if it was a sikh guy too im not a hypocrite its wrong both ways. If they want such a marriage why go against the scripture?

Also you say chivas regal and stop complaining. For one I dont drink and two no its wrong why should we stop complaining. Its clearly been said a sikh can only marry a sikh in a gurdwara, so why should we stop complaining about false marriages? I have no hate for anyone. In fact you should tell muslim parents to let their daugters choose what they want to do, I garuntee you a lot will come and marry out of their faith if they had free will. I know a lot of paki girls like sikh guys from experience, shame its their parents who really hold the hate. When they change this mindset of being equal and letting their daughters marry and stop the conversion process, then come back to me. Also if muslims were so religious why go out and date a girl (which is haram) then when it comes to marriage trap her by giving her an ultimatum to convert? Wouldnt it be better if like you said, for them to live as athiests away from islam and to grow their divine bond?

I'm wary of the concept of love marriages in their entirety, doesn't matter who's involved, lol. Like I said before, neither is a cast-iron guarantee of clicking, but supporters of love unions seem to imply that their way is somehow purer and more romantically noble and has sprung from a genuine place (thus, by their reasoning, resulting in an indestructible bond that those who have "suffered" arranged marriages can never attain and understand because arranged marriages are somehow artificial and less valid).

In my teens and early 20's I'll admit to holding opinions on marriage in opposition to my current stance. Then I realised life isn't a Disney film with a happy ending and people aren't one-dimensional caricatures. If huge swathes of non-Asians are waking up to the genuine pitfalls in modern relationship dynamics, why are vast numbers of our own - who model themselves on these non-Asians - clinging to outdated, romanticised notions with no or very little basis in reality?

As for the heartfelt polemic from the poster with "Uzi" in their name, I'd be more inclined to place stock in their assertions if he or she wasn't of an Islamic leaning. Funny how it's easy to take the higher ground when you're the one with greater numbers isn't it? By that rationale when the Mughals came knocking on our doors back in the day we should have all embraced Islam because it is, after all, just another way of connecting to God. Laughable yet devious.

that posted after you and decided your message was "A very good post overall" and the one above me 'mrggg123' who decided your message was "A very good statement" can analyse and digest that basic principle for a while with the latter two also analysing why and how they are so easy to trick and manipulate. :nono:

I was being sarcastic