Jathebandi Confusion

Guest YoungSingh

Guest YoungSingh

Ok So I tie a round (gol) style dastaar. Almost everyday I have people who think I am a singh from Damdami Taksal.

Now I don't have any problem with taksali singhs, but I don't want to be called a taksali because I haven't gone to any taksal

its kinda like having a false identity but I have been told by some people that when I do path I am just like a taksali. ( I have done akhand path seva bfore).

I know It seems like a pathetic problem, but it could turn bigger in the future

What should I do

Should I go along and act the part of taksali and then go to a taksal later in my life or

should I start tying a normal dumalla to avoid confusion?

Help plz I get hard staredowns from missionaries at gurdwarey sometimes.

I don't know whether I should argue with them or just walk past

Bro why are bothered by such little things? Wear a dumala which make you feel comfortable and do what you like... I like jathabandis but when they become fanboys then I don't like them...

Guest Singh

I was asked the same question by someone in Amritsar. I my-self have nothing to the Takhsal just like you. I have only experienced this in India not in my own country. The only thing I was in asked in Toronto when I attended the Smagam whether I belonged to Tophoban. Sorry I am just me myself and I with the gift of God. Don't worry what people ask be proud of yourself.

Become a taksali, we need more ppl. Joking. though why not? I say learn from taksal take all the good things there are from them. But don't necessarily become a taksali in terms of I can only follow this maryada, everyone else is wrong. Basically, I'm trying to say go to taksal, learn everything, but don't become taksali. Have the knowledge a taksali would have so u font feel like a fake.then also learn from others like nihangs,akj,nansksariye.etc

Ok So I tie a round (gol) style dastaar. Almost everyday I have people who think I am a singh from Damdami Taksal.

Now I don't have any problem with taksali singhs, but I don't want to be called a taksali because I haven't gone to any taksal

its kinda like having a false identity but I have been told by some people that when I do path I am just like a taksali. ( I have done akhand path seva bfore).

I know It seems like a pathetic problem, but it could turn bigger in the future

What should I do

Should I go along and act the part of taksali and then go to a taksal later in my life or

should I start tying a normal dumalla to avoid confusion?

Help plz I get hard staredowns from missionaries at gurdwarey sometimes.

I don't know whether I should argue with them or just walk past

"Hard staredowns from missionaries" haha

I'm disappointed how certain jathabandis only talk to their clique or group... For example a taksali would only talk to a taksali or a nihang only talk to a nihang or akj talk to only an akj... In India this is not the case... A taksali would talk to a nihang and visa-versa... Also the taksali or nihang in the west actually ain't taksali or nihang... They are just wannabes who proclaim themselves as this jatha or that jatha but they actually don't follow the proper maryada of that jatha...

Sorry if I offended anyone but this is the truth...