Surrey Sikh Violence

I grew up with these guys. I have no objections to such a lifestyle or crime.

If I can ask you please, why don't you actually have any objections to the gangbanger lifestyle or crime?

Isn't it our duty as Sikhs to oppose crime and drug dealing and murders tooth and nail?

If I can ask you please, why don't you actually have any objections to the gangbanger lifestyle or crime?

Isn't it our duty as Sikhs to oppose crime and drug dealing and murders tooth and nail?

I wouldnt be considered a "good" Sikh by most here. Raised in a Sikh household though, so my loyalties are with Sikhs, and I'm invested in Sikh politics.

It would he hypocritical of me to oppose them, simple as that.

I wouldnt be considered a "good" Sikh by most here. Raised in a Sikh household though, so my loyalties are with Sikhs, and I'm invested in Sikh politics.

Trying to understand what you're saying. It sounds like you're saying that you have no issue with those involved in the gang lifestyle. This involves destroying lives and famiies. You are raised in a Sikh household so you're loyalties are with gangsters who identify with Sikhs. But you're loyalties are not necessarily with SIkhi principles?

Perhaps you're not saying that, which is why I ask. Also, what is your personal reason to be invested with Sikh politics?

Trying to understand what you're saying. It sounds like you're saying that you have no issue with those involved in the gang lifestyle. This involves destroying lives and famiies. You are raised in a Sikh household so you're loyalties are with gangsters who identify with Sikhs. But you're loyalties are not necessarily with SIkhi principles?

Perhaps you're not saying that, which is why I ask. Also, what is your personal reason to be invested with Sikh politics?

Got it mixed up, the poster above thought I was a devout Sikh, I openly say I am not. But beimg raised in a Sikh house, I classify as a Sikh, hence why I am on this board. Not because I am a devout Sikh.

As for why I dont oppose that lifestyle? It would he hypocritial of me to do so.

This is someone who was born and raised in Surrey, the problem stems from a number of reasons:

Quick Money
A lot of these youths have no morals, they talk a certain way that you can understand them from a mile away (Yes, those people who were born and brought up in Newton, went to PM, QE).

No Interest in Parents

Parents worked hard and never enough to give time to their kids, some parents will work 7 days a week to put food on the tables.

Bad Sangat

Kids will ape their friends, and trust me, a lot of Indian men, are uneducated compared to other groups from their interest in school. Why would they? They will have everything handed to them to, when tehir parents pass away

A lot of factors, come down to the fact that our community in Surrey is all about quick money and the other fact is Vancouver is a low wage city, we have so much foreign money in this city and little to no jobs.

I wouldnt be considered a "good" Sikh by most here.

Raised in a Sikh household though, so my loyalties are with Sikhs, and I'm invested in Sikh politics.

Don't worry what other people consider you brother.

Focus on what you can do to help those in your community and others in Surrey.

The key thing is that young children coming up in Surrey look towards academic achievement and social service as key goals rather than emulating gangbangers who destroy innocent people's lives. If you might have been involved in crime before you might be in an even better position to mentor youngsters away from a life of crime, as compared to others who do not understand the gangbanger mentality.

You would only be considered a hypocrite if you were actively participating in crime and drug profits today.

The high density of the Punjabi population in particular diaspora pockets permits them to not only bring India/Punjab but remain in India in places like Surrey. Surely there are multiple reasons and one can’t assume anything about any single person. But as a community here are some observations not necessarily about the youth, but the families and society in which they are raised (and therefore what kind of outcomes one can expect).

It is important to recognize issues/observations and call them out as issues of a mentally ill community rather than celebrate them as we currently do.

1. Financially “Secure”-Unlike so many wayward youth populations that are in some way disadvantaged, usually economically, there is no inherit disadvantage for the Punjabi communities. In fact the majority are financially well off, often by way of all the wrong reasons.

2. Morally Bankrupt-Having said the majority of families are financially well off, they are also morally bankrupt. They operate on societal rules in India, giving shirts off backs at times, yet so immune to their own fraudulent ways they won’t don’t even see it. Also very willing to hurt others economically for their own gain and rationalizing it as some kind of “will pay one day”, or “he owes B who owes me” or “his money was dirty, so OK to steal it”. aka stealing is all good.

3. Bling is King -(for 55 year old family men too!)-Money and showing money is king. Gaudy, gross, tacky, and having the courage and security of sheep. Who needs sheep when the lions clothes are now cars, houses and lifestyle. Better economics can permit a community to build and mature. Perhaps it is a blip but better economics for Punjabis/Indians means greater ability to be corrupt and hurt others for own gain. Kids observe that money is the goal.

4. No Sikhi-Having no concept of sikhi. Assuming it is a caste birthright and bole sonayhal has something to do with tweaking a jatt mustache while holding a rifle in the other hand (and applies to all Punjabi “Sikhs” who identify with any caste). Hence ability to claim the label of high ideals while living as a caste hindu. Claiming the high ideal of Sikhi and being a proud Punjabi ‘sikh’. Claiming the heritage of brave warriors while licking the boots of white masters every morning with a shave and every few weaks with a haircut. Hypocrisy upon hypocrisy can’t teach values no matter how tough we pose.

5. Education is not School –having no concept of what education actually is. Formal educations might assist but real education starts in the home and at it’s core values, respect, and love. Punjabi’s/Indians have a very high degree of unique anti-social uneducated traits amongst “educated professionals”. Many even use those anti-social traits in climbing to that “educated status”. All communities have this, but ever want to easily find a doctor who will hurt patients for financial gain, Punjabis/Indians are second to none. I also suggest true gursikh professionals because of their background are amongst the best in the world. How are kids suppose to want a sincere education when we simply adopted academic degree bling as the new caste system.

All cultures have negative issues unique to them. A number of points could be written about any group. The Punjabi ‘sikh’ community is no different but it is so sad given that the teachings of the most amazing guides available to humanity of the Guru Panth and Guru Granth are within reach.

Grow up in households with values described above and there is greater chance you will be a gangster. Those are also gangsters who own companies, wear suits, are doctors, lawyers, tradespeople etc. These Punjabi business/professional gangsters are just wiser about hiding their anti-social traits. Question is why are you and I k**s**ng a** rather than calling them out? These traits are no less a disease than abuse of anand karag.