Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kaur

Sukhmani Sahib In House

Guest Kaur

Hi

I am hoping to hold a Sukhmani Sahib paath at our new house soon to receive Guru Ji's blessings. I have never done this before and so have a few etiquette-related queries. I would be grateful if anyone has the answers or could point me in the right direction.

How is the SGGS Ji brought to and taken from the house? Does someone from the house need to carry the SGGS Ji or will the Granthi Ji do this?

What rules are they regarding having Guru Ji in the house? I assume there should be no alcohol/meat/eggs in the house and that the house should be clean.

As for the langar and Karah prashad, should this be cooked in the house or in the Gurdwara and then brought over to the house?

Many thanks in advance

Hi penji ask the gurdwara they will advise as to what to do.

Some things that may help:

1. Clean and vacuum the house

2. Good ventilation, open windows doors to reduce the newly painted smell.

3. Clean bathroom toilets, place soap and clean towels.

4. No shoes in house, if there is access through back of house to garden allow sangat through that way, so the shoes don't get in the way near the front door if there is not space.

5. No obstructions in the room where Maharaj ji will be, we had some vases of flowers near them, but that's ur choice.

6. No meat, eggs, alcohol, cigarettes.

7. Make sure all cover their heads.

8. Make sure sangat listen to Sukhmani Sahib ji instead of being in other rooms.

9. Be present yourselves too as much as you can in presence of Maharaj ji. And be there for ardas, as sometimes one forgets trying to prepare langar.

Don't take tension, but do in accordance to gurmat. And enjoy the day, Maharaj ji will be the best guest you will have, King of Kings will be coming to ur house, so make the most if it and listen with love and to their blessings. With Gurujis grace all will go well.

Sukhmani Sahib ji , consoler of the mind.

These links may also help:

http://www.sikh24.com/2014/10/09/ten-protocols-to-follow-when-bringing-guru-granth-sahib-ji-home/#.VSfFcRh4WrU

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Sukhmani

Waheguru

Edited by simran345
  • Like 3

Guest Sada Jai Bhagauti

Vaheguru Ji Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Guru Ji should be accompanied by 5 Singhs to and from the Gurdwara.

House should be clean. Place for Guru Sahib should be neat and clean. The Granthi Singh should take care of how the place is to be prepared.

No meat or eggs or alcohol. I would say even after Guru Sahib leaves the house.

I've heard stories of how people have Sukhmani Sahib in the house and after Guru Sahib leaves they let kaljug enter the house through all this nonsense. Then they wonder why so much kalesh even after Akhand Paaths.

Karah Parshad can be prepared by Granthi Singh if he is tyar bar tyar. Either at Gurdwara or home.

If the Granthi Singh is doing paath and you can't hear or understand anything then tell him to slow down and take his time.

Props for having the paath!

Guest Kaur

Thank you Penji for your advice and the video links. I will ask the Gurdwara as you suggested. I just want to make sure Ii know exactly what is required so that we do not unknowingly disrespect our Guru in any way

Ur welcome penji, if anybody else wants to add something I may have missed please do.

Sada Jai Bhagauti, nice post, sorry I didnt make it clear, by tea I meant, samoseh, pakoreh, etc for bhog, any food that is made.

Guest JSinghnz

Offering of eat ables to Guru Granth Sahib is against Gurmat. So please do not do it and ignore Brahaminical advice and practices.

Offering of eat ables to Guru Granth Sahib is against Gurmat. So please do not do it and ignore Brahaminical advice and practices.

Sorry paji, meri mat thori a. Could u explain to me why they do it in some gurdwaras as I don't know? I thought is was normal, maf karo je galat likea hove I will delete that bit.

Edited by simran345

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this