BhagatBalmik

Doing Paath But No Simran

in jail chittian of Bhai Randhir Singh Jio, Bhai Sahib made benti for ardas, so he could be free of such prison condition.  

Bhai Sahib did intense Gurbani atey Naam bhagti, and received Vahiguroo darshan, yet he knew he had to be free from bad prison surroundings.

Bhagti anand is impossible amongst non sikhs, atey non practising sikhs, who convinced their kurr happiness, and Vahiguroo seekers are the misfits of society

11 minutes ago, sitokaur said:

in jail chittian of Bhai Randhir Singh Jio, Bhai Sahib made benti for ardas, so he could be free of such prison condition.  

Bhai Sahib did intense Gurbani atey Naam bhagti, and received Vahiguroo darshan, yet he knew he had to be free from bad prison surroundings.

Bhagti anand is impossible amongst non sikhs, atey non practising sikhs, who convinced their kurr happiness, and Vahiguroo seekers are the misfits of society

I'm confused 

Vahiguroo, whether doing Gurbani or Naam Simran, it is also important to be living amongst Gursikhs ONLY_/\_

3 hours ago, sitokaur said:

impossible to achieve any living amongst smoking etc neighbors, especially with walls thin like paper,

This is the norm for most people. If it's not smoking inside one's own house, then I don't see how it will affect somebody's spirituality. Neighbours - everybody has neighbours, but if they are very noisy, then ask them politely to keep it down. There are laws against noise and what's not accepted. 

2 hours ago, sitokaur said:

Vahiguroo seekers are the misfits of society

This seems a negative description, are you sure you've written this right? 

Simran345 Jio, neighbor's noise is nit a big issue, but neighbor's tobacco smoke does affect one's mind (smoke somehow gets in my home too) atey health (my mother suffered and passed from asthma, she contracted from neighbor's secnd hand tobacco smoke).

Regarding negative description of Vahiguroo seekers, my facebook had post of ,'religious nasties,' term used by person who had immoral profile photo, just one of many.

9 hours ago, sitokaur said:

Simran345 Jio, neighbor's noise is nit a big issue, but neighbor's tobacco smoke does affect one's mind (smoke somehow gets in my home too) atey health (my mother suffered and passed from asthma, she contracted from neighbor's secnd hand tobacco smoke).

Regarding negative description of Vahiguroo seekers, my facebook had post of ,'religious nasties,' term used by person who had immoral profile photo, just one of many.

Thank you Sito penji for clarying this. I thought you meant the public outside smoking passing by. I wasn't aware that neighbours smoking could come through to another semi-detached or terraced house. In the garden, I can imagine that, it would be awful. Sorry to hear about your mother. 

Still don't understand the Waheguru seekers bit, but not to worry. I'll figure it out. 

simran345,

I live in a totally worldly environment, so to attempt to be a devout Sikh is considered behaving odd.

We all live in a worldly environment. To detach ones' self from is a truth that few realise. People have been so caught up in the web of maya - have the biggest house, fastest car, most beautiful spouse, best job, fame, fortune etc - that they lose sight of the goal. Hence, stepping outside of this web seems weird because everyone else is caught up, we think we should remain in the web too.

Although this thread is a couple of years old, I was reading a sakhi whereby the different forms of meditation are listed:

1. Listening to gurbani with full concentration is a form of meditation

2. Doing kirtan with love is a form of meditation 

3. Doing simran is a form of meditation 

4. Doing seva is a form of meditation 

There were others but I cannot recall. 

• Like 2

Having read the whole of these answers given above,  none have given the correct answer. 

Nitnem is to be performed morning, evening and night.... all prescribed banis. When a Sikh is not doing nitnem, then you are supposed to be practising waheguru simran. If someone interrupts you,  then it is easier to get back to simran as you were just repeating waheguru. This does not exclude the fact that you should be practising quiet simran too in order to form a habit of saying waheguru during the day.   

Our main aim is to achieve 24 7 simran.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wicked Warrior said:

We all live in a worldly environment. To detach ones' self from is a truth that few realise. People have been so caught up in the web of maya - have the biggest house, fastest car, most beautiful spouse, best job, fame, fortune etc - that they lose sight of the goal. Hence, stepping outside of this web seems weird because everyone else is caught up, we think we should remain in the web too.

Although this thread is a couple of years old, I was reading a sakhi whereby the different forms of meditation are listed:

1. Listening to gurbani with full concentration is a form of meditation

2. Doing kirtan with love is a form of meditation 

3. Doing simran is a form of meditation 

4. Doing seva is a form of meditation 

There were others but I cannot recall. 

I've read this too, but can't seem to find the thread. 

Although, I like this:

Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj once explained that there are nine types of bhakti such as hearing the glories of the divine, singing His glories (Kirtan), sewa (service), Nam Simran and so on, but every type of bhakti blossoms to perfection only if done and performed with total love.

http://www.babanandsinghsahib.org/maryada/premabhagti.htm

• Like 1