Doing Paath But No Simran

You do not understand the concepts of Gurbani .When we are doing gurbani we are doing simran.If not satisfied read any biography of mahapursh like 'se kinehiya'.

How do you DO gurbani?..... do you mean when we recite it with love for guru sahib and understand their message and teachings and then put it into practice.....

if you do that then you should jaap naam as much as you can......

or are you trying to say that waheguru is not our gurmantar and we shouldn't recite it and contemplate it in deep meditation, that instead reading banis are a type of naam japna and thats enough?

This view i dont agree with, but to each his own. you're entitled to your opinion.....

SO r u saying that u never actually sit down at amritvela and meditate on Gurmantar????

SO what does your amritvela routine workout to be like......do you just do your nitnem dia bania and thats it?

I dunno man, whenever i dont do simran my day never goes well....lol

How do you DO gurbani?..... do you mean when we recite it with love for guru sahib and understand their message and teachings and then put it into practice.....

if you do that then you should jaap naam as much as you can......

or are you trying to say that waheguru is not our gurmantar and we shouldn't recite it and contemplate it in deep meditation, that instead reading banis are a type of naam japna and thats enough?

This view i dont agree with, but to each his own. you're entitled to your opinion.....

SO r u saying that u never actually sit down at amritvela and meditate on Gurmantar????

SO what does your amritvela routine workout to be like......do you just do your nitnem dia bania and thats it?

I dunno man, whenever i dont do simran my day never goes well....lol

When we do any path for enormous amount of time like 10-15 hour a day ,we start getting detached from the world.And obviously one cannot simply sit and do this much time of path without guru's sikhya(which is Gurbani) and blessing.Then we get some avastha like we are always in a blissful state and remember waheguru everytime.As we continue the 'WAHEGURU' mantar can be heard in our heart,body and whole universe.Although they are very high avastas to be reached.But from this we can say that every word of Gurbani is directly related to 'WAHEGURU'.

Totally agree with spiritual yearning and innocent love.

The problem is with our rigid mindset that we are trying to box gurbani into technicalities, divide gurbani into naam and patt and then try to turn that into black and white rules.

What is naam simran? It's remembrance of Guru, shabad dhun, shabad gyan-truth without any technicalities in utter innocence love/pure earnestness/yearning. Some technicalities-vidhi-dridh/inquiry helps as pointer but the main point itself- its what pointer is pointing towards.

It's true whole gurbani is naam simran roop but its also true specific gurmantar/mool mantar is also naam simran.

So naam simran is remembrance of Vahiguru-Guru maharaj-sargun saroop parkash, shabad dhun, gurbani gyan-bhramgyan-truth

Akaal ustat talks about many rigid mindset, technicalities how they all failed and declares only pure love, yearning will get you there which is pure change in one's perception how seeker perceive. It has everything to do with how seeker perceive/feel (change in perception) and has very little to do with technicalities (whether simran on naam-gurmantar/gurbani is superior or not).

It's the feeling/perception of seeker (if spiritual deep impulse yearning/truth yearning/love yearning is there or not) who is doing it, thats remains the main focus

Gurbani speaks to all seekers-

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ गउड़ी महला ५ ॥

Ga▫oṛī mėhlā 5. Gauree, Fifth Mehl:

ਨੇਤ੍ਰ ਪ੍ਰਗਾਸੁ ਕੀਆ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ॥ नेत्र प्रगासु कीआ गुरदेव ॥

Neṯar pargās kī▫ā gurḏev. The Divine Guru has opened his eyes.

ਭਰਮ ਗਏ ਪੂਰਨ ਭਈ ਸੇਵ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ भरम गए पूरन भई सेव ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ Bẖaram ga▫e pūran bẖa▫ī sev. ||1|| rahā▫o.

Doubt has been dispelled; my service has been successful. ||1||Pause||

For example-

Above gurbani tukh speaks to all aspirants/devotees-

-Blind person can do simran with gurbani truth above with full faith, devotion, love can get eye sight back

- Pure innocent sargun upasakh devotee of our Guru sahib also do simran with gurbani truth above have partakh sargun darshan of guru sahib.

- Devotee with faith, devotion, love can also contemplate on gurbani truth above have his third eye open, leading to dasam dwar opening and transcedent in their spirituality

- Devotee with faith, devotion, love can also contemplate on gurbani truth with perception of pure knowledge/oneness, and have his real self JOT- gyan parkash awakened.

Ultimately, its quite simple- Gurbani is ALIVE JAGAD JOT(Shabad gyan roop) in live experience and timeless- which is in all of us, always here and eternal- either we let it consume us by being completely empty-innocence love (yet dead while live-conditioned mind die before you die) and let it take our centre being let ALIVE JAGAD jot operate or wear shield- conditioned mindset, egoic mindset, mindset with technicalities- wrap our head around with more and more conceptual technicality

It depends on what avasta you are at. If you are at stage where you are repeating Gurbani separately and then later Japping gurmantar then doing both is important. A stage will eventually come where there is no difference between naam and gurbani so then you won't need to worry. Also throughout this journey I would like to state that your definition of naam will keep changing as your understanding increases.