Disgusting Video Of Singh Getting Jumped In Toronto

ghettosikh

Brother you need to calm down. How are canadian sikhs the most pathetic? If you think a community that is respected by all others, a communtiy that has been labelled the model minority and used as guide to other immigrants on how to integrate is pathetic then ok. You are from USA i take it, how much influence does the US sikh community even have in politics? none....

In Canada, there are about 500,000 Sikhs in a country of 30 million

In America, there are about 300,000 Sikhs in a country of over 300 million

SO OF COURSE THE SIKH COMMUNITY IN CANADA WILL HAVE MORE POLITICAL INFLUENCE

Anyway, I don't have much good to say about the Sikh community in America. But although we have far too many shortcomings here, Canadian Sikhs are even worse!

In America, you won't see Sikhs adopting white Christian names such as David or Rob or Jessica or Ron like they do in Canada. There are some marriages taking place to goray over here, but in Canada it is an epidemic!

It is bizarre how desperately Canadian Sikhs want to "integrate" and distance themselves from their roots. They will use terms like "Indo-Canadian" to describe themselves and go to great lengths to emphasize how proud they are of being Canadian.

Anyway, I don't have much good to say about the Sikh community in America. But although we have far too many shortcomings here, Canadian Sikhs are even worse!

In America, you won't see Sikhs adopting white Christian names such as David or Rob or Jessica or Ron like they do in Canada. There are some marriages taking place to goray over here, but in Canada it is an epidemic!

It is bizarre how desperately Canadian Sikhs want to "integrate" and distance themselves from their roots. They will use terms like "Indo-Canadian" to describe themselves and go to great lengths to emphasize how proud they are of being Canadian.

Im pretty sure its american sikhs that try to be white or american. Sikhs adopting christian names? I never new about that being a problem. Only people I seen do that are Jatts and majority of the time in BC. When i was growing up we would shorten our names like jasdeep would be Jas, imreet to immy thats not christian names now is it? marrying goray? that is only a certain little minority within the sikh community that do this. If you look at cases in uk aswell with interfaith marriages you will see the last names are similar as the ones who partake in canada....

To be fair, "Indo-Canadian" term is only used by Sikhs and others living in BC and Alberta. This term isn't used at all in rest of Canada where Sikhs are simply refer as "South Asian" or "Brown".

American Sikhs are biggest sellout in Sikh community who will end up converting to Christianity to get a better job while wanted to fell accepted by American people so they wouldn't be viewed as terrorists. I rather have "white" name than convert to another religion to feel accepted by fellow countryman.. If you want proof, then look at Nikki Haley aka Nimrata Randhawa who converted to Christianity so she can win seat in the White House.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikki_Haley

To be fair, "Indo-Canadian" term is only used by Sikhs and others living in BC and Alberta. This term isn't used at all in rest of Canada where Sikhs are simply refer as "South Asian" or "Brown".

American Sikhs are biggest sellout in Sikh community who will end up converting to Christianity to get a better job while wanted to fell accepted by American people so they wouldn't be viewed as terrorists. I rather have "white" name than convert to another religion to feel accepted by fellow countryman.. If you want proof, then look at Nikki Haley aka Nimrata Randhawa who converted to Christianity so she can win seat in the White House.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikki_Haley

Will Punjabis ever over their habit of generalising and slandering their own.

Just because Nikki converted to Christianity does not give proof that all American Sikhs are sell outs.

Let us give positive examples of Sikhs overseas rather than harping on some negative ones.

A lot of hate within here... like a pissing contest of who's better.. and then we wonder why we can't get anywhere.

Keep insulting each other... good work.

If its not about geographical differences its another... every try encouraging each other instead of pointing fingers? Yes sometimes fingers need to be pointed but more often than not its used in a wrong way.

Not to stray too far from the topic but did not really follow thread to know what our bro/sis is referring to below. But it doesn't matter, respect just went way up. You're comment here has confidence and class bro/sis.

I think more on this Sikh forum than most other forums do I see apologies in the midst of heated debates.

Fair enough. I apologize for overreaction on one of comments made about Canadian Sikh community.

A lot of hate within here... like a pissing contest of who's better.. and then we wonder why we can't get anywhere.

Keep insulting each other... good work.

If its not about geographical differences its another... every try encouraging each other instead of pointing fingers? Yes sometimes fingers need to be pointed but more often than not its used in a wrong way.

One could argue that we "don't get anywhere" because it's part of our psyche to be afraid to discuss issues. As a community we are famous for doing 2 things whenever an issue that needs talking about arises. We either brush it under the carpet pretending it doesn't exist, or we say "stop doing nindya....stop creating differences.....stop arguing about things". So, with half our community keen to ignore things and the other half perpetually confusing reasoning with arguing, it is no wonder we make no advancements.

For exmple, one of our Canadian friends in a message here made it clear how the the freeing Punjab from the illegal occupation by a foreign power (India) issue is completely dead in Canada. Isn't that shortcoming of the Canadian psyche worth discussing when one sees how the Khalistan thing is massive among the young UK sangat and growing even stronger year after year ? I mean just look at every single year in June outside the Indian Embassy in London. Every year since 1984 the demonstration and demand for Khalistan is getting bigger and bigger. This alarms the Indian authorities because they can't understand why in the UK, for the last 30 years it is getting bigger whilst In Canada nobody cares. Last year for example, there were between 40,000 and 70,000 UK Sikhs, mostly young British born, there on the streets on that day shouting in unison "Khalistan Zindabad". On that same day (Amritsar massacre day - bluestar) the Canadian version of the rememberance had a total of a couple of dozen old men. The youth there simply don't care to remember. If, however, the 4th of June was declared international bhangra day, it would be the other way around. The Canadian street march would have 60,000 participants and the UK version will be lucky to bring out a crowd of a hundred.

These are real shortcomings of the Canadian Sikh diaspora and these are real differences that need addressing. We will never "get anywhere" if we carry on being afaid to reason.

Jagsaw canadian sikhs do care about the issues facing sikhs as a whole do u remember the pledge orange every house had khalsa flag flying out there house and same with everyones car. The youth do care about certain issues but you are right about khalistan issue. I think that we are more realistic in that sense ask majority of sikhs how they feel there standing is in India and they'd say there totally happy being part of that country. I very recently just left Punjab and asked a relative of mine about the Khalistan issue and what he said to me was basically that the people there are happy and that the militancy of the 80's did more harm than good. nobody there wants a repeat of those terrible events