Japji Sahib - My Problem

khalsa s1ngh

Isit me or do other find that when reciting japji sahib by heart you get stuck at the 3 verses of asank jap bhao asank pooja asank tap tao, asin you carry on and then think did i do all the 3 verses or did i leave one out and then u go back to them

Happens to me everytime

maybe Guru ji is giving ishara that you are also joining the asankh ...shabash

Isit me or do other find that when reciting japji sahib by heart you get stuck at the 3 verses of asank jap bhao asank pooja asank tap tao, asin you carry on and then think did i do all the 3 verses or did i leave one out and then u go back to them

Happens to me everytime

you are not alone, happens to me as well. Also happens in the pauris of suniya, and maniya, usually due to a lack of focus and concentration for me.

Happens to me everytime

Maybe think about arth of each line as you recite will help set in your mind that's how I did it as a kid to prevent phurneh

Keep practising. I sometimes get stuck if I'm reciting bani and doing something else at the same time - there's a balance between the amount of focus on the task in hand and the amount of focus on bani. I used to be able to do japji sahib in 5 mins. But then I heard a sakhi that it doesn't matter how quickly you recite bani or how many you do. It's more important to recite bani properly with focus.