Depressed With No Friends

Guest gt46

im lonely and depressed with no friends. every friday and saturday i get even more depressed knowing everyone is going out with their friends while i am at home lonely by myself. ive finished uni and moved to a new area now for the last 4 years. ive made not a single friend. ..

while at uni i had the opportunity to make many friends as i was surrounded by new people all the time, but that opportunity is not there anymore.

i just dont get any opportunity to meet new people and make friends... i just feel so alone and isolated. is this normal as i am 28? i guess as we get older we no longer have that big circle of friends. i feel very bored also and just feel i have no one to talk to and have no stimulation in life.

Hello

Yes I do voluntary work at the moment but the people who work there are mostly older people. I dont really have anyone who shares the same interests as me who I can click with. I think many people are lucky in that they have friends who they made when they were at uni or school and have still got them. Unfortunately I moved away to another city 4 years ago and its so hard trying to make new friends at this stage in life. I just go to voluntary job come back and feel like I have no one I can connect with or have a adult conversation with.

I dont have any close relatives also as I have moved to another city. I feel like I am on my own. I did have one friend but he has moved on as he has got married now.

I have not been to the gym for quite a while as I injured myself which prevents me from training. maybe I could get into sports again that is an idea.

yep most people are family people and busy with that but I am still single. I guess Something is telling me I should get married.

Guest missstartrek

Hi there's nothing wrong with that. I'm the same way and prefer to have a smaller circle of friends. Join some groups, take up a hobby like the person above me said , join in some activities from meetup.com

Stop feeling bad because you're not freezing your butt off on a friday night waiting outside a club

Btw Im 29

Im 28 and in a very similar situation except that alot of people don't want to be friends with me n it has been mutual for years. It's very very hard to find perfect sangat (friends) these days, basically impossible (ones who dont bit*h about others r so so rare.) People get me so wrong and usually either think i'm crazily arrogant or insecure because they don't understand why i have rejected maya when others put it on a pedestal.

If u make friends, i'd say always stay detached from them within, know yourself, only God can judge u, but go out n enjoy life even if it's on ur own for now because life is way way too short- enjoy ur own company and Gods constant presence around u aswell because He is Truly Truly always with u n loves u unconditionally, as do his slaves- don't ever feel like noone loves u on your path.

Spirituality n life go hand in hand, and is how we Live Full Lives. Without Spirituality we waste our lives in fear and insecurity and jealousy etc like the rest of the human race- we drain our experience terribly.

So live life practicing Spirituality.