Pictures Of Different Sikhs From Around The World

mrggg123

I thought I would start a thread for people to share pictures of different sikhs across the world.

This has nothing to do with caste, so dont show pictures of people from different castes. This is just to show the beauty of our faith and the different colours and cultures who follow it from a variety of regions. :biggrin2:

WJKK WJKF

wow, it's amazing how different climate conditions in different countries change the appearance of its people so much...especially looking at the pics of the Iranian Sikhs.

Well it would be "amazing" if that picture were actually of Iranian Sikhs. I've seen that photo before, I know for certain it is from one of the Sikh schools in India where alot of Americans send their kids. Probably the Miri Piri Academy but I can't be sure.

Exactly 0% of Iranian Sikhs are ethnic Persian. What I woud really like to do, some time in the future, is some research on the Sikh community of the infamous wild west frontier town of Zahedan in Iran. If there are any among you who can translate from Farsi, I would love to know the findings of this research paper :

http://www.ensani.ir/storage/Files/20120327185613-3079-14.pdf

Guest Jacfsing2

Well it would be "amazing" if that picture were actually of Iranian Sikhs. I've seen that photo before, I know for certain it is from one of the Sikh schools in India where alot of Americans send their kids. Probably the Miri Piri Academy but I can't be sure.

Exactly 0% of Iranian Sikhs are ethnic Persian. What I woud really like to do, some time in the future, is some research on the Sikh community of the infamous wild west frontier town of Zahedan in Iran. If there are any among you who can translate from Farsi, I would love to know the findings of this research paper :

http://www.ensani.ir/storage/Files/20120327185613-3079-14.pdf

there probably are Iranian Sikhs, but they've been refugees and left their motherland.

there probably are Iranian Sikhs, but they've been refugees and left their motherland.

I'm confused as to what you're getting at. Yes of course there are many many Iranian Sikhs (the thriving Gurdwaras in Terhan and Zahedan are testament to that), and they are 'Iranian Sikhs' because their families have been born and bred in Iran for several generations now but when you say "there probably are Iranian Sikhs" are you talking about Persian ethnicity or Punjabis with Iranian nationality ?