Do Afghan Sikhs Mix With Punjabi Sikhs In Marriage?

mrggg123

Within this sub-stadard thread there is a serious point, although I'm not 100% sure we, as a community, are mature enough to 'discuss' it.

I think there is a reason why the starter of this thread remarks that the Afghan Sikh girls "look good". Many of you, who are not from the west lonon area, may not see and know them to the extent that we do so may not understand certain things about them. You see, if you approach it from a purely western ideal of sensuality / sexuality than from that point of view the Afghan Sikh girls do "look good". To understand this you have to factor in 2 things:

• You have to understand the culture they have come from
  • You have to understand that, from the Arora Sikh point of view, Sikhism does not exist for females. It is a religion only for men.

Now, with the Muslim world that they come from we have to understand that the females, although covered up, have a religious duty to seriously 'tart' themselves up like hookers under the veil for the benefit of their husbands. So, for females from that culture, they have a religious duty (under Islam) to put serious amounts of make-up on, style their hair etc....generally beautify themselves. The difference between the Muslim and Siikh women from Afghanistan is, of course, the fact that the Sikh women are not covered so the extensive beauty treatment is more noticeable and for the average male, like this thread starter, that usually translates as 'looking good' from a western ideal of sexuality.

The second point I mentioned relates directly to the first point. Within the Arora Sikh community generally, and especialy with the massive Afghan Sikh community in the UK, 100% of the males wear the Sikh symbols whilst 0% of the females do. For them, Sikhism is purely for the males. As long as the male has a dastar, it is, for them, perfectly normal and OK for his wife, i.e. the mother of his children, to be suited and booted as if going for a night out at the disco.

There is a 3rd point here that the starter of this thread needs to be aware of: He asks if those Afghan Sikh females marry people like him. Well, he needs to be aware of the fact that it is customary among all Arora Sikhs, regardless of whether they're from Afghanistan or not, to marry their first cousins. They generally keep it within the family which would most likely rule you out.

I don't think we will witness many mix marriages between the current generation of Afghan Sikhs and non-Afghan Sikhs. However, the subsequent generations will inevitably witness such a phenomena. The benefit of this will be that eventually, the disgusting first-cousin marriage that Arora's practise will phase out. I hope so anyway.

On another note, whilst it is true that nearly 100% of Sikh men from the Afghan community maintain the Sikh identity, in the Indian Sikh population it's barely 10%. Even the East African Sikhs fair significantly better than the Indians, who for the best part of half a century have blamed the Indian government for their "short back and sides".

Countries like Afghanistan and even France, where the Sikh identity is actually threatened, seem to produce Sikhs who flourish and prosper.

The question the Indians must ask themselves, is when will they (Indian Sikh) stop blaming everyone else except themselves for their lack of turban and beard?

Within this sub-stadard thread there is a serious point, although I'm not 100% sure we, as a community, are mature enough to 'discuss' it.

I think there is a reason why the starter of this thread remarks that the Afghan Sikh girls "look good". Many of you, who are not from the west lonon area, may not see and know them to the extent that we do so may not understand certain things about them. You see, if you approach it from a purely western ideal of sensuality / sexuality than from that point of view the Afghan Sikh girls do "look good". To understand this you have to factor in 2 things:

• You have to understand the culture they have come from
  • You have to understand that, from the Arora Sikh point of view, Sikhism does not exist for females. It is a religion only for men.

Now, with the Muslim world that they come from we have to understand that the females, although covered up, have a religious duty to seriously 'tart' themselves up like hookers under the veil for the benefit of their husbands. So, for females from that culture, they have a religious duty (under Islam) to put serious amounts of make-up on, style their hair etc....generally beautify themselves. The difference between the Muslim and Siikh women from Afghanistan is, of course, the fact that the Sikh women are not covered so the extensive beauty treatment is more noticeable and for the average male, like this thread starter, that usually translates as 'looking good' from a western ideal of sexuality.

The second point I mentioned relates directly to the first point. Within the Arora Sikh community generally, and especialy with the massive Afghan Sikh community in the UK, 100% of the males wear the Sikh symbols whilst 0% of the females do. For them, Sikhism is purely for the males. As long as the male has a dastar, it is, for them, perfectly normal and OK for his wife, i.e. the mother of his children, to be suited and booted as if going for a night out at the disco.

There is a 3rd point here that the starter of this thread needs to be aware of: He asks if those Afghan Sikh females marry people like him. Well, he needs to be aware of the fact that it is customary among all Arora Sikhs, regardless of whether they're from Afghanistan or not, to marry their first cousins. They generally keep it within the family which would most likely rule you out.

I like your posts jagsaw, you always say it how it is.

It must be said that they do dress to give the impression they are promiscuous.

However there have been some marriages between the sikh girls of afghan heritage and the sikh boys from the UK.

Very rarely does it happen though.

Guest Jacfsing2

Has there been any marriages between the two?

I think afghan sikh girls are good looking :excited:

I do think it's possible for Afghan Sikhs with Punjabi Sikhs, but it's not as possible as it seems.

For one thing, the Afghan Sikh community is a lot different from Punjabis(if both practice Sikhi properly it's not a problem)

Second, there aren't a lot of Afghan Sikhs(obvious)

Third, "Punjabi" caste system prevents a lot of non-same caste marriages

Despite all of these issues which may be in your way, I hope that you find that perfect Afghan Sikh girl that you're interested in.

I don't think we will witness many mix marriages between the current generation of Afghan Sikhs and non-Afghan Sikhs. However, the subsequent generations will inevitably witness such a phenomena. The benefit of this will be that eventually, the disgusting first-cousin marriage that Arora's practise will phase out. I hope so anyway.

On another note, whilst it is true that nearly 100% of Sikh men from the Afghan community maintain the Sikh identity, in the Indian Sikh population it's barely 10%. Even the East African Sikhs fair significantly better than the Indians, who for the best part of half a century have blamed the Indian government for their "short back and sides".

Countries like Afghanistan and even France, where the Sikh identity is actually threatened, seem to produce Sikhs who flourish and prosper.

The question the Indians must ask themselves, is when will they (Indian Sikh) stop blaming everyone else except themselves for their lack of turban and beard?

did not know they marry 1st cousins... not goood