• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
singhbj singh

Japji Sahib Sunao And Free Burger Pao !

15 posts in this topic

fitt jauna da (face palm) this guy's encouraging meat eating by using Gurbani What on Earth ...did his last brain cell die???

4 people like this

lol. No, again its a case of people in India not understanding the English language as well as they think (no matter how highly educated they are). For example, see how they refer to the genocide and massacre of 1984 as a 'riot'.

So, they use the word 'Burger' freely throughout India and Punjab without understanding the fact that the word itself is defined as a slab of meat in between 2 breads. They just need educating that they need to add the word 'Vege' in front of it if they wish to refer to something vegetarian.

the riot thing is lack of backbone , call it a state sponsored (wasn't just congressi ) genocide ....

but doh , I feel silly but really is this what it's come down to appealing to swad ras to get Gurbani in ?? seems very low level to pitch at ... :blush2:

2 people like this

Its for kids under the age of 10. Atleast the guys making an effort unlike the critics on here

3 people like this

lol. No, again its a case of people in India not understanding the English language as well as they think (no matter how highly educated they are). For example, see how they refer to the genocide and massacre of 1984 as a 'riot'.

So, they use the word 'Burger' freely throughout India and Punjab without understanding the fact that the word itself is defined as a slab of meat in between 2 breads. They just need educating that they need to add the word 'Vege' in front of it if they wish to refer to something vegetarian.

3 people like this

Dont worry about indian sikhs in every country there r some jargons and words used in daily life which natives understand

2 people like this

For us "indian " sikhs burger is a veg one

1 person likes this

These days even India has the big corporations there with their halal burgers etc. I mean MaccieDs, Burger King is big business out there now so those who say 'burger' will automatically be understood to be veggie one in India , hmm not convinced .

Plus it you notice in the picture Mr Singh alludes to MacCDonalds through use of the arches logo ...

anyway how many burgers did they give away ?

1 person likes this

If they're vegetarian burgers - which I have no reason to believe they are not, it's a good initiative. I don't know why people do kintu parantoo on every little thing it gets very exhausting.

Good for them.

4 people like this

U vehle diaspora sikhs dont have any work else fighting over petty issues like wat xactly is a burger at least we dont we eat langar on chairs go to any town in punjab when u will ask for burger from some kiosk it will be veg for non veg u have to specify

4 people like this

Kaurss verr/bharn, ehna hate nahi rakhi di. Kehan nu assi keh sakday that indian sikhs are not sikhs as they not even able to change a single line from govt docs which says that sikhs are hindus and so much can be said here and there.

Dosri gall, evaain raula paya ethay sariyaan neh. Kaurss is right though..

In india, burger = bun tikki. Not sure if u grew up in punjab but majority of burger stands (rehri walay) are vegetarians.

Mr.singh burger is jatha wala amritdhari singh- spending a min on his fb timline will gives you the idea.

1 person likes this

Please people. Please understand why among south Asians we Sikhs have a stereotype of being uneducated. Its because we have a reputation of being afraid of knowledge and intellect. The whole world and his dog knows that in Punjab they mean vegetarian when they say the word 'Burger'. That much is obvious and if you bothered to actually read this thread before posting you'll see that was established from the very 3rd message. You're making yourself look extremely silly by revising that same old fact again and again and, like simpletons, ignoring the hard fact of what the word 'Burger' (on its own) means. Every word in the English language has a meaning. You can't just willy nilly alter the meaning of a word and then be proud of this nonsensical stupidity. Well you can if you wish, and you 'Indians' opbviously do, but to then bury your head in the sand and pretend you don't hear what the word is actually defined as is not very clever.

The word 'Burger' on its own refers to MEAT.....by very definition. If one wants to refer to something vegetarian than that someone needs to add the word 'veggie' in front of the word 'burger'. Its common sense.

Mr Singh from that Burger stall, and you lot, could decide that you all want to call vegetarian things 'Chicken and Lamb'. And then when someone points it out to you you'll use the same arrgument you're using here and say "well when we say chicken and lamb everyone in Punjab knows we mean vegetrian food.....So we're gonna carry on saying it".

Now while that statement might be true its also incredibly stupid.

Please Guys How many burgers were given away anyway that was the point to encourage memorization of japji Sahib?

It would be nice to know that there were some given away ...