Lgbt Sikhs

Guest Andy

Wow lol i simply stated that i dont understand how its relevant= therefore please elaborate. Jeez.

where have i said or insinuated that Guru Maharaj allows physical relations between anyone outside of marriage?

I said OR ARE YOU INSISTING by saying I do not see the relevance..........., let's not make this an english lesson. Let's start from square one, you said:

No where does it say that homosexuality is forbidden in Sikhi. Fact. If homosexuality is forbidden, surely our Guru maharaaj would have made a point about this?

I quoted what Guru Sahib said:

ਏਕਾ ਨਾਰੀ ਜਤੀ ਹੋਇ ਪਰ ਨਾਰੀ ਧੀ ਭੈਣ ਵਖਾਣੈ।

With one woman a man becomes celibate and considers other women as daughters and sisters.

The above line applies to homosexuality because Guru Sahib is telling us what is approved when it comes to marriage between which genders (only between one man and one woman) and what behavior (celibacy) is approved by the Guru. I am going to separate everything into points and let me know which points you do not agree with of being Sikhi teachings.

1. Intimate physical relations outside of marriage are not allowed in Sikhi between same and different genders.

2. homosexuality is based on men or women having sexual feelings and acting on them for the same gender.

3. same gender marriage or relations are not allowed in Sikhi and therefore intimate physical relations are not approved in Sikhi between same genders.

4. Since intimate physical relations cannot take place between same genders in Sikhi, homosexuality behavior is wrong.

5. Heterosexuality behavior outside of marriage is wrong in Sikhi

6. To be a celibate in Sikhi. The Guru says to marry one woman and consider all other women as daughters and sisters.

I said OR ARE YOU INSISTING by saying I do not see the relevance..........., let's not make this an english lesson. Let's start from square one, you said:

I quoted what Guru Sahib said:

With one woman a man becomes celibate and considers other women as daughters and sisters.

The above line applies to homosexuality because Guru Sahib is telling us what is approved when it comes to marriage between which genders (only between one man and one woman) and what behavior (celibacy) is approved by the Guru. I am going to separate everything into points and let me know which points you do not agree with of being Sikhi teachings.

1. Intimate physical relations outside of marriage are not allowed in Sikhi between same and different genders.

2. homosexuality is based on men or women having sexual feelings and acting on them for the same gender.

3. same gender marriage or relations are not allowed in Sikhi and therefore intimate physical relations are not approved in Sikhi between same genders.

4. Since intimate physical relations cannot take place between same genders in Sikhi, homosexuality behavior is wrong.

5. Heterosexuality behavior outside of marriage is wrong in Sikhi

6. To be a celibate in Sikhi. The Guru says to marry one woman and consider all other women as daughters and sisters.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I would interpret that quote differently. I dont think it has any relevance to homosexuality. Guru Maharaj is specifically talking about the male female relation. How a man relates to other women. There is no mention of any other. I therefore wouldnt conclude that the quote condemns or justifies one sexual orientation over another. It clearly doesnt.

Lol "which points you dont agree with of sikhi teachings"? Or which of your points i dont agree with? An english lesson seems inevitable...lol

My post outlined that sexuality is not a choice. Its something that is hardwired into our systems even before we're born. You need to stop seeing homosexuality as a life choice. Perhaps then you will understand my point.

Sikhi accepts us all irrespective of our differences :)

No you did not explain how a man is to relate to other women.

1. You have not said whether a man can have physical relations with a woman outside of marriage?

Why would i explain that? What need do i have to explain that?... it has no relevance whatsoever to my post.

You and I are getting nowhere... brick wall come to mind?

Why would i explain that? What need do i have to explain that?... it has no relevance whatsoever to my post.

You and I are getting nowhere... brick wall come to mind?

Jati means to stay celibate (not have sex or physical relations with a woman). So you need to explain if a man can have sex with a woman and in what context.

You precisely said the tuk explains how a man is to relate to other women. So in order to explain how a man relates to another women you need to explain the above.

Explains very well and to the point by our guru sahib. Those who still debate or disagree are either thick or stuck with their egoistic nature.

Guest ghettosikh

listen homosexuality is nothing short of sexual deviancy and perversion. The western media has slowly groomed the masses throughout the years to accept and legalise this sick act. The same is going on in India where homosexuality is illegal but is slowly making its way in the media (alot of indian media is now partnership with western companies like viacom) also 20 years ago homosexuality was considered a mental illness. Also do you actually think any of our gurus would support homosexuals? These perverts were unheard of in those times. It doesnt matter what anyone says homosexuals and homosexual marriage will never be accepted in sikhi stop trying to impress the western ppl lol. Homosexuals will never be accepted within the sikh community because we see it for what it really is.