Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abelsingh

Who Can Sit/meditate On A Lion Or Tiger Skin Rug?

12 posts in this topic

I cant remember where but i heard that only a jati sati mahapurakh is allowed to sit and meditate on those tiger rugs otherwise that person will suffer from leprosy. I think they said it was from Baba Nand Singh Ji's bachan but I dont know whether it is true or not.

1 person likes this

Not sure about getting leprosy but sitting on tiger skin rugs is not childs play. It has great symbolic significance in various mystic gnosis traditions. In this context, tiger symbolises one's ego so sitting on signifies one has dissolved its ego in their real self- Parbrahman or conquered their ego.

2 people like this

i believe if one sits on it without jap tap, and naam, its energy will drive person out his/her mind literally, and can result in serious effects such long sleeplessness, mental imbalance, and horrific nightmares.

symbolic value is there of course. but it also acts a wall between the person and members of animal kingdom.

siting on it is sign of a puran jatsat Brahamgian awastha. like only a pure gold utensil can hold lioness milk, and milk will rip apart any other metal instantly.

thank you ji all.

1 person likes this

It's also got a practical application. Keep away other animals who are scared of lions so they don't disturb bhagti

I cant remember where but i heard that only a jati sati mahapurakh is allowed to sit and meditate on those tiger rugs otherwise that person will suffer from leprosy. I think they said it was from Baba Nand Singh Ji's bachan but I dont know whether it is true or not.

It's true, in fact in most Nanaksari Gurdwaras only Guru Sahib himself can have tiger skin, (because in the universe he is the highest Spiritual Leader), I personally would say don't do it, not because you'll have leprosy, but because only royalty in Bhagti should sit on Tiger-Skin, (Guru Sahib is the only one, ONLY ONE who deserves to sit on Tiger-Skin)

Should we be looking at this from the the sipahi side rather than just Sant. To me it also symbolises warrior aspect, especially if the tiger was killed at the hands of the person sitting subsequently on the skin. The Leprosy theory seems far fetched.

Edited by InderjitS

It has ONLY practical use of being a cushion to cover the floor and ward away other animals which can attack and kill a human being who is doing bhakti in the jungle

It has ONLY practical use of being a cushion to cover the floor and ward away other animals which can attack and kill a human being who is doing bhakti in the jungle

This

Anyone can sit on Lion Skin and do whatever they want. You can still even buy lion skin rugs online.

1 person likes this

What a joke. Sitting on a lion rug signifies letting go of ego and what does wearing a small kirpan around the neck signify? Secular-quasi religious fanatics will take Sikhs away from wearing 5 kakkar and rehat but will drive people toward brahmins mat.

Sitting on lion skin scares animals away. People that have a garden and its being attacked by birds, will kill a crow and hang it up. The same is done with giddars (coyotes) in farm land with cows and other animals. Its a common practice done in many parts of the world.

Practical reasons make sense but found symbolic meaning after speaking to senior gurmukh especially after coming across this picture of sant mani singh ji sitting on tiger skin rug indoors:

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by N30S1NGH