Do We Have Free Will Or Not?

Guest Gandalf

Guest unknown singh

Short answer, yes. For anything that's beyond your control, speculating on its whims is academic debate. Think of this: All problems in humanity are exist only because of humanity itself. God is not an evil despot looking for schadenfreude. He loves and gives. We have every choice in life. A combination of all of our choices results in what you see. What is being your control is pointless to be worried about.

Be a good ethical person. Or not. You destroy the world sir. If you feel burdened by this truth then that's a good thing. Live in reality.

I beleive famous Albert Einstein sum its up very well - 'You can will what you want, But you can't will what you will' -backdrop is predetermined.

From Sikhi point of view, there is no such thing as free will either. Its in gurbani many places..particular one i remember are from sukhmani sahib

The answer is yes and no.

If there is only one GOD in many manifestations (us). Then our will is is GOD's will. My personal opinion is that GOD provides full free will so we can choose to remove the veil of illusion (separation) when we get tired of our self made dramas.It may be foolish to pursue our EGO-mind -selfish agendas which keep us bound to the cycle of reincarnation. To accept whats showing up in the now is probably the best way to go. Since what we resist persists.