Kaur922

Sikh Guy Dating A White Girl.....

Kaur922    0

So i know that in sikhi we are meant to marry a sikh......

Apparently i am in love with this sikh guy and i saw him with his girlfriend and it has been burning me inside....how do i stop thinking of him....

He wears a pugh but cuts most of his dhari...i myself am very religiou and love being a sikh....

can someone copy and paste the translation from the guru granth sahib ji about sikh marry a sikh?

Thanks

jkvlondon    3,467

Apparently i am in love with this sikh guy and i saw him with his girlfriend and it has been burning me inside....how do i stop thinking of him....

He wears a pugh but cuts most of his dhari...i myself am very religiou and love being a sikh....

can someone copy and paste the translation from the guru granth sahib ji about sikh marry a sikh?

Thanks

Bhenji,

it sounds like he is not being a sikh in many ways, why not try to immerse yourself in your Sikhi and wait for the right person , this guy is not the one for you.

Kaur922    0

panjee, thank you for your reply..

whenevr i see him my heart beats really fast ...i think i love him...how do i stop this feeling..

he drinks a lot....i see him at work...so might see him a couple of times...

Thanks

SSD    50

Thanks

Guru Granth Sahib doesn't say that a Sikh should marry a Sikh, that's part of the Rehit Maryada. http://realsikhism.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1253135932&ucat=7

Despite I'm against interfaith marriage, I won't bother teaching him because odds are he's not interested. Also there are white Sikhs, a better term to use would be Christian girl.

jkvlondon    3,467

panjee, thank you for your reply..

whenevr i see him my heart beats really fast ...i think i love him...how do i stop this feeling..

he drinks a lot....i see him at work...so might see him a couple of times...

Thanks

The more you talk about him the less suitable he seems if he drinks a lot it is obvious he is interested in 'having a good time' not settling with anyone . What you are feeling sounds like a crush, you are young and it can happen but honestly if you try to follow through with this guy he will use your naivety against you and then probably dump you. Stay true to Guru ji, read about the Gursikh Men of our history then you will understand what kind of character a Sikh is supposed to have , that will help you realise what you really want: temporary affair or a happy fully committed life partner in SIkhi.

This kind of office Romeo are dime a dozen... you deserve the best ...

Kaur922    0

Okay..sorry if i offend anyone...also i know that guru gobind singh ji said something of a sikh to marry a sikh only..and the anand kaaraj ceremony is a bliss between two sikhs, right?

jkvlondon    3,467

Guru Granth Sahib doesn't say that a Sikh should marry a Sikh, that's part of the Rehit Maryada. http://realsikhism.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1253135932&ucat=7

Despite I'm against interfaith marriage, I won't bother teaching him because odds are he's not interested. Also there are white Sikhs, a better term to use would be Christian girl.

Veer she's desi Sikh but likes a desi 'Sikh' guy going out with a gori ... OK?

Kaur922    0

The more you talk about him the less suitable he seems if he drinks a lot it is obvious he is interested in 'having a good time' not settling with anyone . What you are feeling sounds like a crush, you are young and it can happen but honestly if you try to follow through with this guy he will use your naivety against you and then probably dump you. Stay true to Guru ji, read about the Gursikh Men of our history then you will understand what kind of character a Sikh is supposed to have , that will help you realise what you really want: temporary affair or a happy fully committed life partner in SIkhi.

This kind of office Romeo are dime a dozen... you deserve the best ...

Thank you for your comment....he once kept looking at me as i was tlaking to my manager..and i wasn't as i was really shy..never talked to him.. but i see his facebook... you are right in what you say that he likes to have a good time and not a true sikh...thank you for your rply panjee..means a lot :)

jkvlondon    3,467

Thank you for your comment....he once kept looking at me as i was tlaking to my manager..and i wasn't as i was really shy..never talked to him.. but i see his facebook... you are right in what you say that he likes to have a good time and not a true sikh...thank you for your rply panjee..means a lot :)

No problem...that what sisters are for ...have a happy life

TurbanGuys    104

Thanks

You say you are very religious......then you say you love to be sikh...then you say he cuts lots of his dhari.....then you say you are in love with him.....then you say your heart beat gets fast looking at him...then you say he drinks a lot ....but you still like him...wow .....

bibaa g sorry to say its not a love ...its a LUST

• Like 2

SSD    50

There are 2-3 main problems here with the guy she's describing.

1. This guy wears a Pagg, but shaves his beard-A big no no.

2. He most likely got the conclusion that no Punjabi would date him if he had a turban on, through lots of experiences.

3. This 'Desi' girl continues wanting to get a guy that for who doesn't like her. I'm not a scientist, but there's clearly nothing special going on, find someone else.

• Like 1

simran345    2,453

Thanks

So wat he looked at u. Doesn't mean anything. Stop looking at his facebook, u will get depressed. He drinks lots, he has a girlfriend already. Is this wat u really want as a husband?

Wake up, and think about ur future with the right person, not with somebody u think u can change. And wat if he doesn't like u? Ever thought that? Just co u like him doesn't he likes u. Get out of dream world.

jkvlondon    3,467

There are 2-3 main problems here with the guy she's describing.

1. This guy wears a Pagg, but shaves his beard-A big no no.

2. He most likely got the conclusion that no Punjabi would date him if he had a turban on, through lots of experiences.

3. This 'Desi' girl continues wanting to get a guy that for who doesn't like her. I'm not a scientist, but there's clearly nothing special going on, find someone else.

1. dealt with she understands ...

2. False premise ...he is going out with a gori , drinking and partying up nobody told him to do that it is his choice he is NOT sikh in outlook THAT'S IT

3. Amazing you are ready with excuses for him but her... this is an inexperienced girl who has not actioned anything but asked for advice from her bigger brothers and Sisters before putting a foot forward , she understands what she should be looking for deep in her soul that's why the questions (GURSIKH) but she just needs a reminder to keep her on the path

Wingz23    188

he drinks a lot....

NEVER MARRY SOMEONE UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN WHAT THEY ARE LIKE DRUNK :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

• Like 2

superkaur    320

Unless she converts his relationships basically not allowed in sikhi thus making him another punjabi atheist. True Sikhs know very well that a sikh can only have relationship / marriage with a fellow adherent.

If the "gori" converts then thats all well and good and he can continue with being with a fellow sikh who just happens to be white woman absolutely nothing wrong with that. But because she is most probably non-sikh he must either encourage her to embrace sikhi or him stop disgracing the faith and leave stop pretending he is a sikh as he is not following the faith but trying to go against the fundamentals with his antics.

In todays world there is much temptation to go off with non-sikhs and experience all kinda things in life, if that is what a so called sikh wants to do they need to first ask themselves 3 important questions

1) would the relationship have a future long term? parents accept it? community accept it?

2) Would almighty Waheguru accept your union? do you have love for your flawless creator stronger than his flawed human creation?

3 Kids your offspring what faith or ideology or lifestyle will they follow? Your partner will most probably want to raise them in non-sikh environment which will lead to clashes or you submitting to their will.

Edited by superkaur
  • Like 1