Sign in to follow this  
deepsinghmangat

Does Dasam Granth Reject Hindu Gods As Myth Or

some Sikh websites make claims that in the dasam granth it says that some of the gurus descended from or reincarnation of hindu gods

And why should anyone really give a damn????

I disagree with Jonny 101.Our great Guru mentioned Hindu gods in his compulation only because we need a reference material for discussionwith people of other faiths, for the same purpose were the singhs sent to Kashi for studying Hindu philosophy and scriptures( this cannot mean he was fan of hinduism) Siri Guru Gibibd Singh Ji message is clear in Chaupai we recite daily - when he says Mai na ganeshai pritham manaoo, Kishan Bishan kabhoo nah dhiyaoon. Kaan sunai pehchaan na tin so - meaning, I do not wish to pray Ganesh first, neither would I recite name of Kishan or Bishan( Vishnu and his Incarnations) I hear from Them only but there is no sign if their existense, Alas we recite gurbani but never try to undestand the message lying therein.

Edited by jasvendrasingh

I disagree with Jonny 101.Our great Guru mentioned Hindu gods in his compulation only because we need a reference material for discussionwith people of other faiths, for the same purpose were the singhs sent to Kashi for studying Hindu philosophy and scriptures( this cannot mean he was fan of hinduism) Siri Guru Gibibd Singh Ji message is clear in Chaupai we recite daily - when he says Mai na ganeshai pritham manaoo, Kishan Bishan kabhoo nah dhiyaoon. Kaan sunai pehchaan na tin so - meaning, I do not wish to pray Ganesh first, neither would I recite name of Kishan or Bishan( Vishnu and his Incarnations) I hear from Them only but there is no sign if their existense, Alas we recite gurbani but never try to undestand the message lying therein.

Veer ji,

Guru ji says he doesn't recognise them, doesn't remember them, doesn't listen to their praise because his chit is with Akal Purakh's charan. in other words they exist as entities but they have no value in front of Akal Purakh , that is how Guru ji leads us . In Dasam Granth Guru ji has translated the sanskrit to common languages so people can come to know what they were denied knowledge of by pandits, and then Guru ji has given Gurmukh context by telling us who we are dedicated to and how one battles against the tyrants and adharam .The Gods and Goddesses exists in the crodes but they are as nothing for a sikh as his/her dhian is only with Mahakaal, Akal Purakh Waheguru.

• Like 1

Bro jkvlondon yoy have right to hold your pov, but that is just neither true nor gurmat.The so called gods are shown to have human shortcomings like lust, anger, greed, cowardice, pride etc, whenever attacked by rakshas( i believe they had better chatacter than "gods" ) would run helter skelter for help to goddesses. In Gurbani gods and goddesses are only ridiculed .I have shown quotes from gurbani in some other thread on concept of avataarvaad in Sikhi also, may quote here if required .Rquest, please do not misinterprete gurbani in brahminical light it has already done a lot of damage. I do not wish to annoy or agitate anybody so respectfully please give it a thought

Wjkk wjkf

• Like 4

Bro jkvlondon yoy have right to hold your pov, but that is just neither true nor gurmat.The so called gods are shown to have human shortcomings like lust, anger, greed, cowardice, pride etc, whenever attacked by rakshas( i believe they had better chatacter than "gods" ) would run helter skelter for help to goddesses. In Gurbani gods and goddesses are only ridiculed .I have shown quotes from gurbani in some other thread on concept of avataarvaad in Sikhi also, may quote here if required .Rquest, please do not misinterprete gurbani in brahminical light it has already done a lot of damage. I do not wish to annoy or agitate anybody so respectfully please give it a thought

Wjkk wjkf

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji Ki Fateh,

what exactly did I say was anti-gurmat I said Guru ji Stayed with Akal Purakh's Charan instead of following any devta and that Dasam Bani also in in same context the devte may/may not exist it is irrelevant for us as Gursikh because they are not PooJnikh in our eyes compared to Akal Purakh. The stories have been written out but are not accompanied with advice to pray to them ...if I had said THAT then yes I would be guilty of being antigurmat ... sorry that you see enemies where there is none

• Like 2

http://searchgurbani.com/dasam_granth/page/132/line/13

This link provides the answer of what Guru Maharaj states about gods etc...

you have to continue to read through each page. The link is the beginning of the shabad.

Like I said Guru ji doesn't feel they are poojnikh ... and it is clear they are not , they betrayed and forgot their maker in their own egotrips

Hinduism is clearly a man made religion

if dasam granth gives any credibility to Hinduism then it would be hard for me to believe what the dasam granth has to say

Hinduism is fairy tales

that's why I really want to know does dasam granth acknowledge some hindu gods exist or does it reject Hinduism an point at Hindu gods do

not exist?