Real Reasons Many Sikh Girls Date Non Sikh Men And Marry Non Sikh Men

reading the comments on the grooming thread kind of annoyed me cause a lot of the replies are coming from a mindset of victimhood which probably explains why the problem never has bin solved though its probably a lot better cause almost every Sikh girl I met in the UK has a hate or a distrust for Muslims but a few still date Muslims but many in England Canada and America date non Sikhs till is marriage time then find a Sikh man to marry to keep their family happy or end up marrying a non Sikh if their family approves or not

philosophy and culture influence each other

examples philosophy are belief's

culture is environment people are exposed to

most Punjabis born in England have a philosophy or call it a belief that cricket is one of the greatest sports out their

most Punjabis born in Canada have a belief or call it philosophy that ice hockey is one of the greatest sports out their

cause of these philosophical beliefs in the British born Punjabi culture Punjabis prefer cricket over ice hockey and in Canada Canadian born Punjabis prefer ice hockey over cricket

philosophy is what determines are belief's and belief's can empower people or disempower people

Sikh philosophy empowered people which led many to convert to Sikhi when it was illegal to become a Sikh and could get you killed and this empowerment let to the first time in over a thousand years for Punjab to be ruled by people of the punjab

before Sikhism the jat and other caste philosophies and overall vast majority of the Punjabi philosophy which influenced people's belief's disempowered them leading to Punjab getting its butt kicked over and over from Arabs Mongals Persians Afghans Mughals for over a thousand years including Kashmir

it created a culture of weakness

today we have lost majority of the Sikh philosophy which empowered people and the old Punjabi philosophy has crept back in and taken over most Punjabis including majority of Amritdhari Sikhs hence why Amritdharis have a hard time finding solutions to community problems cause with out knowing it they think their following Sikh philosophy but really their following the disempowering Punjabi philosophy

THE SIKH PHILOSOPHY EMPOWERED WOMEN AND BELIEVED IN STRONG WOMEN RAISE STRONG CHILDREN LEADS TO A STRONG COMMUNITY THIS LED TO EMPOWERED WOMEN WHO WOULD CHARGE INTO THE BATTLE FIELD AND KILL ANY BARBARIAN OR HAVE THEIR CHILDREN CUT UP AND TURNED INTO NECKLASSES AND NOT BREAK A TEAR CAUSE OF THE MENTAL STRENGTH THEY HAD BUILT UP BY FOLLOWING THE SIKH PHILOSOPHY

PUNJABI PHILOSOPHY IS RAISE SPOILED BOYS AND MAKE THE GIRLS DO THE HOUSE HOLD CHORES AND CLEAN UP AFTER THEIR BROTHERS

WHICH LEADS TO MANY GIRLS WITH LOW SELF ESTEEM AND PUNJAB BATTLING ONE OF THE BIGGEST DRUG EPIDEMICS IN THE WORLD CAUSE THE BOYS HAVE BECOME ADDICTS CAUSE THEIR PARENTS PREFERED TO SPOIL THEM RATHER THEN RAISE THEM TO BE MEN

I know Sikh girls who grew up in families that are not religious at all and some that are religious and have an extremely strong bond with their parents and have fathers that empower them

these girls grow up and aren't in the clubs drinking or needing a boyfriend or anything and are confident and strong and would never do anything to harm their father and will even agree to arranged marriage long as the guy is their fathers choice cause they have a conviction their father can pick the best man for them

I know Sikh girls who grew up in families that are not religious at all and some that are super religious and grow up with low self esteem, they love their parents but aren't empowered by their parents an parents don't do a good job building their confidence. The fathers fail to build a strong bond with the girls and fail to build their daughters self esteem

daughters grow up and look for male attention get drunk wear mini skirts to clubs and make out with different guys date different men and some go and date outside the community and marry outside the community

TOP CAUSES OF SIKH GIRLS LEAVING THE COMMUNITY OR DATING OUTSIDE THE COMMUNITY TILL ITS TIME TO GET MARRIED IS

-a lot of girls are raised as second class citizens in the house hold and the brothers are spoiled

-fathers fail to teach their daughters confidence. When I took sociology we learned the huge role a father plays in a daughters life a father plays the largest role in a girl developing confidence self esteem and morals. Their are some girls who are very close with their fathers but the father fails to teach them to be confident and build that confidence or about proper good morals. Father figures or a strong male figure with a close bond with the daughter or the girl dictates what type of confidence that girl will grow up with as well as morals

Sikh girls with strong male figures like fathers tend to have great morals and tend to be extremely confident

Sikh girls with weak male figures like fathers who favors the boy over the girl tend to have weak morals hence why they end up having relationships and pre marital sex and dating outside the community and also have low confidence which leads to mental weakness which opens the door for a Muslim to come and groom the girl or a male from the Sikh community or another community to use the girl for sex and then dump her

What do you believe are other reasons for Sikh girls leaving the Sikh community??

What do you believe are other reasons for Sikh girls leaving the Sikh community??

Never really thought about any reasons.....probably because I never thought any such problems exist. The reason for that is twofold:

1) From what I've observed, Sikh girls today in England, Canada and America, are far more clued up about Sikhi than previous generations. Have far more genuine morals than the older generation....i.e don't put on a false pious face in public but indulge in immoral activities behind closed doors etc.

2) Our real problem is that many of our men are acting like scum / skanks. Our women is what is holding our children's morals together.

So, the way I see it, Sikhi in the west, thanks to our mothers, sisters and daughters, is stronger than it has ever been before and we do seem to have a real problem with some of our men behaving badly.

most Punjabis born in England have a philosophy or call it a belief that cricket is one of the greatest sports out their

Out of every 100 Punjabis born in Engalnd you will meet, I guarantee less than 10 will like cricket. On the other hand, I guarantee that football is an integral part of the life of 99 of those 100.

Football is our national game my friend....not cricket. Cricket is very much a minority sport. And when I say minority I don't mean ethnic minority. I mean minority in the sense of English private school boys (and minority pakistanis and Bombay walleh hindustanis)

Look guys it's simple we don't follow Guru ji advice we mistreat our womenfolk pressurise them from day one, while pampering and spoiling our new generation of menfolk. A woman is your partner, your fellow khalsa (hopefully), your sangat, why would you browbeat her for daaj, for kids (of the male persuasion), for hand-foot service (she is your equal not your dassi) you are not Pati parmeshwar so stop the Punjabi Hindu BS . Guru ji Tells us not to speak harshly to our partners or children, not to curse them out, not to beat them. How many of us actually follow our Guru ji ????

The girls will love their Gursikh partners wholeheartedly if they could see their Guru ji working through them i.e. they would be considered equal not subordinate, their spiritual development would be nurtured, their self-esteem honoured, their value to the family and kaum as females celebrated, their thoughts and advice truly listened to....they would never need to look for pastures greener why leave home if everything is there without asking.

Our boys need to grow up and realise :

1. a Gursikh NEVER asks for date

2. a Gursikh NEVER engages in premarital affairs

3. a Gursikh Honours his in-laws as his own Mother and Father and NEVER asks for daaj, for this Guru Gobind SIngh ji has stated firmly that one who does is NOT his Sikh

4. A Gursikh SHould be tyaar bar Tyaar that means he/she can fend for him/herself including cooking cleaning washing etc not expect his/her partner to be their personal servant

5. A Gursikh is dutybound to be sangat for his/her partner throughout life's mission to reach Akal Purakh and be a proper support so both of you remain strong in your Sikhi

6. As a couple you bound to the Sewa of bringing up your kids as Gursikhs and show them the world in the context of Gurbani, to bring them to Guru's charan

too many guys I have known in the past have this bad attitude of justifying their bad behaviour as inevitable consequence of being a man ...My question are you a reasoning intellectual or just the same as a stray animal? I thought Guru ji made you in his image ..why do you debase yourself and insult your Guru ji?

Is anyone familiar with the book the pied piper who made all the rats follow him when he started playing his tune on his pipe. once he played the tune the rats had no control and began to follow him as they were hypnotized by his music.

why did rats follow the evil pip piper in that book?? is it because the rats parents raised them wrongly?? is it because the rats had low self esteem?? is it because the rats where treated like 2nd class citizens? is it because the rats evil Punjabi culture of mutton curry and bhangra?

The answer is none of this. the answer is simply they were under a spell. but this spell is not music. they are under the spell of love! when your in love you will do crazy things. like converting and all sorts. These girls are falling in love with black, white, Muslim.

The answer is simple do not go near the evil pied piper and listen to his music or you to will follow him.

Never really thought about any reasons.....probably because I never thought any such problems exist. The reason for that is twofold:

1) From what I've observed, Sikh girls today in England, Canada and America, are far more clued up about Sikhi than previous generations. Have far more genuine morals than the older generation....i.e don't put on a false pious face in public but indulge in immoral activities behind closed doors etc.

2) Our real problem is that many of our men are acting like scum / skanks. Our women is what is holding our children's morals together.

So, the way I see it, Sikhi in the west, thanks to our mothers, sisters and daughters, is stronger than it has ever been before and we do seem to have a real problem with some of our men behaving badly.

Out of every 100 Punjabis born in Engalnd you will meet, I guarantee less than 10 will like cricket. On the other hand, I guarantee that football is an integral part of the life of 99 of those 100.

Football is our national game my friend....not cricket. Cricket is very much a minority sport. And when I say minority I don't mean ethnic minority. I mean minority in the sense of English private school boys (and minority pakistanis and Bombay walleh hindustanis)

Today's Sikh girls are far more glued up about Sikhi? I disagree. Just because they show up to gurdwara or bring up Sikhi on twitter or social media doesn't make them good future Sikhs. Sikhs in the west aren't strong yet. We are unorganized still. Now that might be the case in U.K. but by being in America at the moment, Sikhi here doesn't look that bright in the future where literally gurdwaras have not done enough to reach out to the youth hence majority not being interested. Even in Cali and New York where the majority of US Sikhs there are a lot of youth not interested in Sikhi. A lot of progress needs to be made.

Today's Sikh girls are far more glued up about Sikhi? I disagree. Just because they show up to gurdwara or bring up Sikhi on twitter or social media doesn't make them good future Sikhs. Sikhs in the west aren't strong yet. We are unorganized still. Now that might be the case in U.K. but by being in America at the moment, Sikhi here doesn't look that bright in the future where literally gurdwaras have not done enough to reach out to the youth hence majority not being interested. Even in Cali and New York where the majority of US Sikhs there are a lot of youth not interested in Sikhi. A lot of progress needs to be made.

The previous generation may have given the impression of being better Sikh women because they wore their hair long, wore salwar kameez and didn't answer back. But thats all it was.....just an illusion. It was the illusion of being a good Sikh. Away from the Gurdwara the reality was often a filthy mouth, Hindu practices, no concern for sarbat da bhalla and all of god's creations etc. What you have today is a generation of genuine Sikh women. Far more following true Sikhi rather than the cultural practices of before. Far more with the honesty to not pretend to be something they are not.

I don't know about the situation in cali but in Gurdwaras in England the classes are packed with young Sikh girls learning and mastering Gurbani, Gatka etc. The future is extraordinarily bright as far as Sikhi is concerned. Our girls are at the forefront of this revival and we should be praising their contribution rather than constantly seeing the glass as half empty and perennialy criticising them.

It is clear that any problem we Sikhs face is coming from our old and middle aged men. It is them, with their immorality, corruption and deceit, that is destroying us. Our girls are saving us, not destroying us. Again, I don't know about the situation where you are but today in England, there are proportionately more Sikh children with patkas and dastars than there have ever been before. For that, we should be thanking their mothers....i.e the girls being criticised on threads here.

Whether it be about crime, music, tv or religion, it is human nature for people to always think things were 'so much better in the old days' and that today it is so much worse. In reality though, that is hardly ever the case.

For me, this current generation of Sikh girls in the west is our golden generation.

I think it's because who and what environment they spend their time with that influences their decision. Whatever they are goin to feel comfortable with, without pressure they will go for that. It's not like th old days where we there was fear of doing wat parents said. Nowadays there is so much freedom, and some kids think if their parents had a hard relationship then they get put off and look elsewhere. Does not matter if one is educated or uneducated as now kids have that choice of making up their own minds.

I know kids that are highly educated and they seem to be th ones that are marrying out of religion. There partners are very nice people, but I see it's the environment they been living in that has them get together. I don't think its golden, I'm hearing of more interfaith marriages now than before. It's kalyug, everything has changed. Yes kids have more awareness of Sikhi than before but it doesn't mean there are less interfaith marriages. Maybe it's about th same or more.

I think it's because who and what environment they spend their time with that influences their decision. Whatever they are goin to feel comfortable with, without pressure they will go for that. It's not like th old days where we there was fear of doing wat parents said. Nowadays there is so much freedom, and some kids think if their parents had a hard relationship then they get put off and look elsewhere. Does not matter if one is educated or uneducated as now kids have that choice of making up their own minds.

I know kids that are highly educated and they seem to be th ones that are marrying out of religion. There partners are very nice people, but I see it's the environment they been living in that has them get together. I don't think its golden, I'm hearing of more interfaith marriages now than before. It's kalyug, everything has changed. Yes kids have more awareness of Sikhi than before but it doesn't mean there are less interfaith marriages. Maybe it's about th same or more.

Also there were no classes for kids before, and as our parents came to this country they were always busy in work. I'm sure if th gurdwaras had classes and taught about Sikhi rather than have committee arguments then they would have attended the classes too. Yes kids have that chance now but it all depends on how many want to go. I think it's both same, there is more kids into Sikhi now due to the awareness but also u got the other side too that have diverted from it also due to more freedom. So I feel it's black age with golden splashes.

Before

first of all you should not put why 'Sikh girls date none Sikhs'. They should be referred to as Punjabi or some other name. But not Sikh!!

Because that is a disrespect to all the good Sikh boys and girls out there that do not date anyone and everyone.

Anyone that says Sikh girls this or Sikh boys that really need to stop doing that as its getting embarrasing seeing all these threads with sikh girls this sikh girls that. Have some respect for the name Sikh. and if some girls are doing bad stuff dont tar everyone with the same brush and label them sikh.