Are There Any Science Graduates Here (Physics/ Neuroscience/ect)

Sa1nam

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ, ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ

We created a section on 'common atheist myths' using articles from a variety of sources.

Any feedback would appreciated,

http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikhism/atheist_myths.html

Im a Pharmaceutical scientist, Medicinal chemist and an inhalation scientist currently trying to stabilise micronised material.

BSc, MSc, MPhill

i know about basic particle physics and neuroscience. - one of my projects looked at Alzheimer's and dementia with MAO enzyme.

be more than happy to contribute to your endeavours.

ive written PDFs on sikhi too :)

Sorry for the hiatus, busy with worldly distractions

Thank you to everyone who replied back

My reason on starting this topic was to get peoples insight on what you believe about religion, as science's drive is to also to come to a understanding of the universe and to move our knowledge further for better or for worse.

So my question is, Have you come across something in your field or in general that contradicts your belief in religion or faith, if so how did you square it mentally.

yes and no

i dont know how to square something that is already in front of me. i always take myself out of the equation so to speak, so. things are what they are.

I'm amritdhari too :)

i believe science to be an extension of our senses. we would not lock ourselves in a room and hope for the best if need be; we would grab that talvaar and fight. or.. we would not close our eyes just because we dont agree with it.

but, ive recently found the teachings of guru nanak dev ji in science. so, the same conclusions can be arrived at, excising religion from the "equation". so.. just look at the reptilian, emotional, and thinking brain.

these explain the teachings of guru ji from the 5 choor to meditation. so far, obviously science has not come to full grounds on the idea of god. but this could be soon enough.

also i dont agree with the earlier post where it was said that "...therefore a creator must be the reason for existence."

in many ways, i am an atheist. but i follow my guru. my guru tells me to see for myself. and so, this is the path of sikhi. i want to see. so i try. :)

results.. are contested and still stand strong as of yet!

ive posted scientific meditation papers recently on here on a topic called "in need of an expert" or something.

good read.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Gurfateh all,

My take on this topic, is that Sikhi is open to science.

Guru Sahib told Sikhs to use common sense and to ignore superstition.

Interesting post from "Meethay Har Gun Gaavo...". What are your thoughts on medical dilemmas such as assisted suicide, abortion and end of life decisions?