Sikh Girls Being Groomed

singh598

It also has to be noted that most of these cases we are hearing in the news come from one particular community of Sikhs. Ie their surnames such as Lali, Sanghera, Gill, Sandhu and so on seem to be from the Jat community. Im not saying this does not happen in other Sikh communities but from personal experience and from the various news headline about cases that have come to light in the media the majority seem to come from this community.

Yes, I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that a majority of Sikhs in general come from this community

* rolls eyes *

Yes, I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that a majority of Sikhs in general come from this community

* rolls eyes *

I do think that big Tera might b on to something... The jAtt last names he listed r majority Doabis from Jalandhar area and this is the place where most uk sikhs come from am I right? so there could b a connection and a lot of sikhs in canada who tend to be more liberal and westernized also come from these areas however there is a large num of sikhs from moga and malwa region which settled mostly in bc and these sikhs are tend to b more into there culture and not as westernized and generally tougher on the sisters so I do think that this does have something to do with it anyone else have any opinions on this?

Ghetto Sikh

Perhaps the Sikh community in Calgary could invite Bhai Mohan Singh from Sikh Awareness Society.

bro grooming isn't much of a problem here as i only no about two instances of a "sikh" girl who had been pimped but the problems here are increased aggression mocking and fighting and thefts occurring. I just hope we never have the same problems as our brothers in the uk cos it's no place to start a family in that sort of environment

If women want to go down this path. why should we care?? I'm not saying don't educate them and don't bring awareness about the matter. But if they don't listen to the warnings then I don't really have any sympathy for them.

Kimpreet is a perfect example she was attracted to the weath of a older man and she got what she deserved. To many money grabbing girls that just want money and attention.

Because if we don't. ...no one else will

majority of these girls are from Bhangra loving, chicken& mutton loving, alchohol drinking, money worshipping modernist Punjabi families who failed to give their daughters gurmat and Sanskars(values) . When it ends up on forums, "Sikh" girls being groomed...

Punjabis have totally failed at implanting love for Sikhi in their children....

You got it exactly right. Gurmat Sanskars is lacking greatly. If one were to talk to the average girl belonging to a Sikh family today, one can't help but notice how much they have lost their sense of being a Sikh. Almost none of them see anything wrong in marrying a non Sikh. I remember not too long ago seeing a Sikh girl who posted on this forum who tried to say that it is actually a good thing if a Sikh girl marries a Muslim because then such a "Sikh" girl will teach her Muslim children about Sikhi and Gurus. Such gullibility is unseen among other Desi girls belonging to South Asian background.

I do think that big Tera might b on to something... The jAtt last names he listed r majority Doabis from Jalandhar area and this is the place where most uk sikhs come from am I right? so there could b a connection and a lot of sikhs in canada who tend to be more liberal and westernized also come from these areas however there is a large num of sikhs from moga and malwa region which settled mostly in bc and these sikhs are tend to b more into there culture and not as westernized and generally tougher on the sisters so I do think that this does have something to do with it anyone else have any opinions on this?

Yes, maybe this could be the case. Being fro the bhat community, I think we are alot more strict with girls because most Bhats hail from areas like Amritsar. everyone knows never to mess with a Amritsari Sikhs.

I think there are two main reasons for this happening. Sikhs from the Jat community let their women study in other cities far away and give them the freedom to go to night clubs, pubs ect

they also give them the freedom to date maybe not the freedom but they kind of begrudgingly accept that this is what their kids are going to do and its become the norm. ie they have no control over it.

Naturally being in this environment in clubs ect is going to open them up sexual predators. what you have is basically a slippery domino affect where bad acts is going to lead to more bad acts ect. ie drink spiking, date rape, blackmail, drinking ect..

just as if you did good it will lead onto other goodness. doing bad will lead onto other bad things. In a nutshell dont get into these situations in the first place.

Another reason is the Jat family usually only contains 2 kids. ie one girl and one boy. in these families where there is no older brother or no brother at all. its like a recipe for disaster. I know most Bhats have like 5 kids minimum. ie we are known for having big families. hence this leaves brothers to protect and watch over the girls. unfortunately when their is no older brother this is also a major factor. as girls will usually listen to their brother then the parents.

I think the other reason is Muslims have access to drugs ie these people smoke weed and deal drugs like no tomorrow hence they use this as a weapon to lure girls and drug them.

personaly I don't think Bhangra is to blame. Bhangra is good for our culture aslong as it is respectful and not about alcohol ect.