I Have Messed Up My Life Very Bad. I Am Mentally Weird.

SinghGS

Hello,

I woke up too late in amrit vela today so I didn't have ishnan but utilised the little time I had. I have been productive for the last few days. Working on my ambition and also being helpful to family. My mentality feels better and I am feeling life. As well as not lost. I really want to wake up every day for enough time at amrit vela. So I will be disciplined. Early to be early to rise. I didn't do ardas last night and was aiming to stay up until 1, but when it was close to 2 I was about to start ishnan but I thought I would wake family members. So I went to sleep but ended up sleeping too much, through my alarm. If I did ardas it could have been otherwise. But tonight I will make sure I do ardas. Talking here really affects my day/night. This is good sangat for me, definitely. It helps me and then it helps others through my actions.

3 out of 6 of my family members are amritdhari, including me. It would have been better if all were. I've seen near relatives suffer because of their moving away from sikhi.

Veer ji always remember that 'amritvela is the foundation of strong spirituality'! So keep motivated to get up, every day, even birds and roosters wake up at amritvela, so it'll be a Sikhs bad karam if he does not.

Glad to see you doing Ardas keep it up :) and every night just remind yourself that if you remain asleep at amritvela you will go without Guru jis blessings that day- imagine how this will affect your day! This should help with motivation!

that's so sweet that your thinking positively for others, although you cannot force people and usually trying to persuade someone to take amrit can be classified as 'harassment' haha (according to what I've heard), I would suggest that you show/persuade people through your actions!

People should look at you and think "ooo look at Mr Singh there he's so kind and peaceful, you know what I want to be a Guru wala too!"

Yes sikhsangat helps a lot, like now whilst talking to you, i'm reminding myself because I'm probably no better than you, possibly worse! We should thank Waheguru ji for everything he's given us! :waheguru:

das guruka hopefully someone on here can help u out. The Illuminati are planning a Massive War like the world has never seen- they believe that they will bring the antichrist to the earth and this is seen in celebrities coverimg one eye in hollywood, doing the el diablo witchcraft signals- flashing 666 hand symbols and logos like google, vodaphone n so so many others saying 666- the numner of the beast of the bible. Jesus was a Brahmgyani j he also spoke truth.

The Satyug is secheduled to come after this event, they believe they will be victorious, but as the seasons remain the same, so do the Yugs throughout the ages-Truth Will be victorious. We have a lot of sikhs out there who are ready to fight, who Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself has led to learn martial arts, street fighting etc-this isnt in vain. Im sure there are spiritual sikhs out there who do alot of meditation/samadhi who know about the war.

Helping others with jobs etc is part of a higher purpose for us- we will need funds for the fight back for the victory of Truth. Sikh Sangat.

Hello all, Happy Diwali to you.

Yesterday I was with my paath class and was told that some mahapurkhs get their sleep in a blink of their eyes and puran mahapurkhs don't sleep at all. I can help sleeping. It's something I want to do when I'm tired.

I am on track. I need motivation to do all of my nitnem though (5 morning bania). Can somebody post something so that we can all be inspired to do full amritvela?

I don't keep full rehat and I need inspiration to do so (all 7 bania and ardas). I don't have motivation to do ardas daily.

When I read bani my concentration is not right. I read it but I don't think I take it in.

Any helpful words for me and others anyone?

Well done Singh ji for getting it together to gather some strength.

There has been some excellent contributions and advice on this thread; which I have only read today!

Getting up at amrit vela is a good start.. I can't explain exactly why or how it helps but a few lines in gurbani struck me a few years ago which most of us read every day..

ਫੇਰਿ ਕਿ ਅਗੈ ਰਖੀਐ ਜਿਤੁ ਦਿਸੈ ਦਰਬਾਰੁ ॥
Fer kė agai rakẖī▫ai jiṯ ḏisai ḏarbār.
So what offering can we place before Him, by which we might see the Darbaar of His Court?

ਮੁਹੌ ਕਿ ਬੋਲਣੁ ਬੋਲੀਐ ਜਿਤੁ ਸੁਣਿ ਧਰੇ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥
Muhou kė bolaṇ bolī▫ai jiṯ suṇ ḏẖare pi▫ār.
What words can we speak to evoke His Love?

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਉ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥
Amriṯ velā sacẖ nā▫o vadi▫ā▫ī vīcẖār.
In the Amrit Vaylaa, the ambrosial hours before dawn, chant the True Name, and contemplate His Glorious Greatness.

At the time that it struck me, i had not started any serious simran or bhagti. ...... I saw these lines as a simple question of '' What can I do for you, waheguru... so that I can be forever embraced in your arms?''

and Guru Nanak ji gives the answer of ''Get up at amrit vela daily so that you can start washing your mind of the days negatives and filth that have gathered in this mind''

Personally speaking, I can say that when we want to make that start... then this is one of the 1st things we should aim for.

...and read the bani followed by simran....even if it's just 10 minutes at first.

Slowly, and in sehaj you will begin to notice how the simran is in fact washing your mind......You will begin to gain some better control over your own weaknesses......you will start to understand and feel the hukam....the security of waheguru everywhere within you and without....and then slowly and surely many things and events will unfold and you will gain some better gyan and start acknowledging chardikala in a natural way.