13Mirch

Wow!

My research indicates that both are two different things, but like that Baba Ji in the vid says the commonly held belief is that the Ashtbhuj was once worn in the same vogue as an Asthbhuj. How? That point also eludes me and what that would have looked like is also another enigma.

My research indicates that both are two different things, but like that Baba Ji in the vid says the commonly held belief is that the Ashtbhuj was once worn in the same vogue as an Asthbhuj. How? That point also eludes me and what that would have looked like is also another enigma.

I too Belive they are two different things.

A person would have to wear a 10 foot tall dumala to put that on his dumala lol.

I too Belive they are two different things.

A person would have to wear a 10 foot tall dumala to put that on his dumala lol.

That picture I posted of Gyani Sher Singh Ji with the Ashtbhuj atop a flag indicates it's proper usage. But it is a very arcane shastar indeed.

RELATED sorta...

The chand tora was given to Shiv ji by Dusht Daman ji at hemkunt sahib... Is this accurate..?

The Budha-Dal says that the chand represents the Bata (given to Guru Nanak Dev Ji by Muslims at Mecca who in turn adopted it from the pre-Islamic Bedouins) and the toora is the Khanda. Together it represents degh, tegh and amrit sanchaar. There is nothing more to it unless you want there to be something more. The Shiv Ji thing was probably made up by writers like Kesar Singh Chibber for socio-political and ethnonational/cultural purposes. It goes a bit like this:

1.) Historic Sikhs- Given to Guru Ji at mecca, Khanda is his own addition.

2.) Modern Sanataan Sikhs- Given by Shiva Ji because he has a moon in his head (if we used their logic then the moon must be Sikh at half quarter).

3.) Modern Reformist Sikhs- A Trojan horse from the RSS.

The article seemed to short and the ending was abrupt lol.

". It is this theory which is currently gaining coin with many historians and amateurs alike, especially in light of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's omnipresent interpretation of Sri Akaal Purakh."

You should have added more to make it feel that the article is finished.