Is Conversion Valid In Sikhism

Navjitsingh1982

As per the sikh philosophy and the baani registered and recorded by our Gurus. Is it valid to have conversions in sikhism.

http://seavent.blogspot.in/2014/09/religious-conversion-holier-than-thou.html

I wonder many a times? Is it right to convert one person into another. Wasn't the person a good human being earlier, why to convert him. Why cant i be a Christian and a muslim at the same time.

I need not succumb to the rules defined by any compartmentalized institutions known as high temporal religious seats.The only religious rule applicable for me is, not to hurt anyone by my actions, remarks and intents, knowingly and unknowingly. For me that is my religion. And i will not change my name to please you. Request you to help me develop myself spiritually and not just change me physically.

We can learn from each other rather than just control each other.

I like something about sikhism, not becoz, i am a sikh (i am trying to be actually), but i learn something from sikh culture, i.e we have teachings of many gr8 ppl compiled together irrespective of there religion, caste and creed. that is the way it should be. We must be open to learn all the time. on the contrary we are bothered about the code of conduct always, which in other terms, may be called politics. I think sikhs themselves need to learn from this thought itself.