Sikh Federation (Uk) Annual Convention On Sunday 21St September 2014 At Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Sedgley Street, Wolverhampton

Please state for the record, how many, if any, meetings have taken place between the SF and any relevant minister, as far as I'm aware, the Sikh Federation as yet, have not even managed a single meeting. The meetings they were invited to were by the Sikh Council UK.

Without getting involved in <banned word filter activated> for tat comment exchange....the old chestnut, if you haven't done anything yourself then you have no right to criticise, really is the bottom of the helpless excuse barrel. The point is, what have they been doing?

Not whether they have failed. Because failure is acceptable, but they haven't even failed because for that, there would have to have been an attempt at something at least. SFJ tried the UN route and began legal proceedings in two countries and several different courts...the Germans have managed to get legal cases against the corrupted spy network of the GOI...fail or otherwise, they have made an honest attempt

Please, you are clearly the person in the know, how much have Sikh Fed spent on PR companies this year and how much on lawyers?

pangaphish: Responses to your questions, but suspect you will still not be satisfied.

For the record - Every meeting the Sikh Federation (UK) has attended on the 1984 issue this year it has been invited by the relevant Department/Minister – Cabinet Secretary (29 January), FCO, DCLG and Cabinet Secretary – 4 February, FCO and DCLG – 25 February, Minister for National Archives – 25 February.

Your information that the Federation was invited by the Sikh Council UK is inaccurate – suspect your contact in the Council is not privy to the complete picture. In fact the Sikh Federation (UK) organised the meeting with the Minister for National Archives and invited Sikh Council UK reps and the last meeting in Downing Street with a Cabinet Office Minister was in May and only Sikh Federation (UK) reps were invited as the Federation was seen as the only credible group challenging the UK Government and getting considerable political support.

It was reported by SFJ in the media that it would be taking legal action against the UK Government and taking action in the ECHR. Other than media coverage in the Indian press we have heard nothing. Not sure how much SFJ paid for media coverage and spent on legal costs for this action.

A Sikh organisation in the UK (possibly supported by some youth groups) has been exploring action at the Permanent Court of Arbitration to state there is a dispute between Sikhs and the UK Government. Again not sure how much this organisation has spent on legal costs for this action. There has been no press coverage of this, so assume a PR company has not been employed.

The action in Germany against a spy for the GOI was taken by the German authorities and not by Sikh organisations. Visit Germany, read the court ruling or speak to those concerned and they will tell you that at least three Sikh organisations in Germany have GOI spies.

The Sikh Federation (UK) has spent several thousand pounds since January on a PR expert who is employed on a call off contract basis – do not have the exact figure at hand. Our last meeting with him was on Friday to discuss next steps. The Sikh Federation (UK) has met a number of interested lawyers to explore possible legal action and meetings continue, but has not spent any money on lawyers as action has not commenced.

What do these lot actually do now? They might have done something before around 30 years ago.From what I have seen is that they own large amounts of residential propertys. They own a few right next to Sedgley Street Gurdwara which have been brought from sangats donations. Problem with our sangat is that they just blindly give.

Bhaji, "these people" do more than we would actually know about. I have seen it myself. There is a tremendous amount of time put in to acheive even the littlest things.

Being members of the SF (UK) also doesn't mean that "these people" have to forfeit any personal business ventures. Whether they, as many did, invested in property, is no concern of mine or yours, unless you suspect that they have used SF (UK), or the sangat's funds to buy it, in which case, you should put this straight to the SF (UK) members whom you suspect of having done so.

Seems like your connected with the federation most likely your a son of 1 of the members, so can you please answer my questions.

They lobby but what have they actually achieved?

Which Shaheed Singhs family's have they helped?

Please provide names so this can be verified.

I personally know a few families that haven't received a penny from them.

Also can you explain about why they are buying properties with money which has been collected to support these families?

The presidents own relatives question of how he has got to own over a hundred residential properties.

Many questions.

Being connected or related to any member means what? That we are not allowed to speak our mind?

Whether they acheive anything or not, they are still trying. The effort is still there.

There are families they have helped, but you would be better off asking them directly for this information.

See above, and then please go yourself to india and make the verification, whether any funds have been recieved or not.

There were thousands of families who suffered. Look at 84, the widows and dharmi faujis are still suffering. Its doesn't mean that the SF (UK) is not working to alleviate their suffering.

You need to ask this question directly if you suspect that any funds have been misappropriated.

Sons kill their parents over small pieces of land, and you are telling us some of the Presidents own relatives question his property ownership?

Without getting involved in <banned word filter activated> for tat comment exchange....the old chestnut, if you haven't done anything yourself then you have no right to criticise, really is the bottom of the helpless excuse barrel. The point is, what have they been doing?

Thats the key word here, involved. Why not try and get involved, and see how things work. It's easy to sit on the outside and criticise, why not get involved and make things works?

There is a difference between criticism and constructive criticism. Everyone ask the right to question, but do it in a manner where there is a genuine inquiry.

More young articulate, educated Sikhs should be getting involved in the SF(UK) and adding their voices and skills to this party to strengthen it.

Jagtar Singh Paaji, I appreciate your feedback.

However I'm still stuck by the point of no money spent on lawyers, with no plans initiated.

Legal option is our only option, that is where you will get the support of the masses. No where else.

This does not have to be confrontational, but can be used to get a more productive dialogue started and can yield results in the form of a settlement outside of court.

For this to happen, it first needs to be began.

Jagtar Singh Paaji, I appreciate your feedback.

However I'm still stuck by the point of no money spent on lawyers, with no plans initiated.

Legal option is our only option, that is where you will get the support of the masses. No where else.

This does not have to be confrontational, but can be used to get a more productive dialogue started and can yield results in the form of a settlement outside of court.

For this to happen, it first needs to be began.

As already stated: 'The Sikh Federation (UK) has met a number of interested lawyers to explore possible legal action and meetings continue, but has not spent any money on lawyers as action has not commenced.'

Follow up meetings are being organised - the lawyers we are meeting act exclusively for claimants treated unlawfully by others. My personal view is we will know in the next couple of months what legal action is possible against the UK Government and for what events - 1849, 1919, 1947 and 1984 and the chances of success. Legal action and political pressure need to go hand in hand.

Is this some kind of joke??

Our unborn sisters in the Punjab are being murdered because of their gender and our brothers are hooked on alcohol and drugs...and the Sikh Federation (UK) is having meetings with lawyers to see if the UK government can be taken to court for the Second Anglo-Sikh War in 1849??!!

This is a joke organisation, keeping busy so called 'community leaders'....they are a bit like people running the wrong way up an escalator - lots of energy spent, but no forward movement.

I had the misfortune to hear Amrik Singh speak at a gurdwara in Slough - where he hijacked the stage to make a speech during someone's anand karaj..

..he has achieved precisely zero...a meeting or a photo opportunity with a politician is not an achievement.

..anyway, does this organisation have a formal membership, where do its funds come from, when do the leadership put themselves up for selection,

who are the members of the 15 member National Executive Council?? we never hear their names or see them??

Who are the 5 independent advisers??

Hsisingh, the problems you speak of are societal.

The work of the Sikh Federation is to create an environment where Sikhi can regain and protect its security and self esteem.

This includes holding signatories to account for treaties not honoured, regardless of the time elapsed.

Whilst female foeticide and the current drug epidemic is of great importance, it's also the responsibility of the democratically elected government of both Panjab and India.

Do you expect UK civil liberties organisations to focus on ground level issues or government malpractice?