Difference Betwen Meditating On Lord's Name And Simple Meditation.

Guest Guest

Kindly help me to understand the difference between the effects of doing yoga and meditation and the effects of meditating on lord's name.Both type of meditations have calming effect on mind and body.

Guest dasguruka

The way of Lord's Name is the path of love. This has three components: dhyata, dhyan dhey.

dhyata- the person trying to focus

dhyan- focus itself

dhey- Lord's Name

While meditating the 5 thieves give you all sort of thoughts and it's upto the person's abhyas (practice) that determines for how long can the person focus on The Name without any thoughts. Most can't even go 30 seconds without having any thoughts. The main factor is love in this type of simran.

Meditating on Lord's Name and meditation with Yoga are quite similar. I heard about 95% of it is the same but meditation with Yoga doesn't complete it all as the first two factors (dhyata and dhyan) are present throughout all of it. Meditation on Lord's Name erases the ego (dhyata and dhyan) and only Pure Love is left. (Tu tu karta tu huaa mujh meh raha na hoon)

Guru Nanak's way is the way of Love and Name. Hope I was able to help. If I find the katha then I'll share it.

Naam is Truth- its a frequency of balance.There are highs n lows, pleasure and pain and when u practice truth- attune yourself to the frequency- u stay detached from it all while still discovering it because its there to be discovered.

Hence pleasure n pain become one. Staying in truth is remaining in sehaj-peace. We keep a calm heart,we remain calm in every situation,never reacting in the 5 thieves,ego etc. Ego is fear, its a lack of love for oneself because ur not recognising who u really are. We are all Truth- we just need to realise it- and we are eternal. Living truth is True love, we accept our karams without complaint knowing its all for our betterment and discovery. Satnaam

Naam is Truth- its a frequency of balance.There are highs n lows, pleasure and pain and when u practice truth- attune yourself to the frequency- u stay detached from it all while still discovering it because its there to be discovered.

Hence pleasure n pain become one. Staying in truth is remaining in sehaj-peace. We keep a calm heart,we remain calm in every situation,never reacting in the 5 thieves,ego etc. Ego is fear, its a lack of love for oneself because ur not recognising who u really are. We are all Truth- we just need to realise it- and we are eternal. Living truth is True love, we accept our karams without complaint knowing its all for our betterment. Satnaam