Sign in to follow this  
tajinderkaur

Shaheed's Verses Guru Granth Sahib

Hi quick question.

Why do punjabi Sikhs believe in Shaheed's? Let me explain further... why do many punjabi Sikhs place Shaheed's on the very same platform as the Guru Granth Sahib? And devote certain days to them?

Thank you

Shaheeds of sikhi (who have died for the panth and not given up their faith and sikhi) are given the utmost respect as they have made the ultimate sacrifice and have merged into the the Akaal purkh / SGGS JI ( nirgun and sargun).

Sometimes individual families have members who died in a war for example the world wars etc and class them as shaheeds also, while they are respected as shaheeds ( i have family members who died in wars) we do not put them in the same league as Khalsa / panth Saheeds e.g Baba Deep Singh ji, Sant Jarnail Singh ji bhindrawale etc, because they did not die defending their dharam (religion).

Edited by sat
  • Like 1

My Dear sis. read the history how shaheedian was given by Guru jis and Sahibjades and Sikhs. More Sikhs born when shahideean have given. Sikhs born from shaheeds blood. (shaheed vs guru granth sahib ji) is very disturbing heading. please change this.

thanks you

• Like 1